cant install mac os x

marcusorwen

37 posts in this topic

As it is equipped with AMD CPU, I can assume that a nForce chipset may be used (though it may be entirely untrue). So need an appropriate chipset driver to be present on the install disk.

Also be sure to set SATA to ACHI (don't know if the notbook is equipped with SATA disks and if the option is present).

As a workaround, you may install to an external USB HDD. Then get an appropriate chipset driver and install it. After that an internal HDD should appear in disk utility, so letting you to install OS X to it. You may install OS X from working existing OS X install without any probs.

Try using the Leo4All, it works for my setup which I'm guessing is very close to yours.

Here's my thread: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=195649

You may have to change a couple things up depending on your full specs. If you're on Windows right now, get cpu-z to find out everything you have and adjust accordingly. If you're dead set on 10.5.5 well, I'm still trying to get that sorted myself...

Then you're gonna have to figure out the partitioning, I don't want to advise in case it gets screwed up. Just use google or search here, depending on how you want it you'll find the answer. You're probably definitely gonna have to use chameleon bootloader though as every time I tried not using it after installing leo, I'd get hfs+ error. EasyBCD couldn't fix it, installed chameleon via another distro and it worked perfect. Kind of annoying that cham lets me choose 7, only to put me at the windows bootloader where I have to choose it again, but whatever. Good luck!

One other thing, go into BIOS and set a startup password, without it my laptop gives the "can't find com.apple.boot.plist" error. Also make sure your videoram (or whatever) is set to 128mb.

i can boot the dvd with leo4all etc and then wen im going to select the drive it dosent show up. then i go to disk utilty and still no drive it can see my dvd drive but nothing els when i try install it to a external hdd(verry old 160gb) it goes through but wen i try to boot nothing happends i just stays on a black screen then i reinplugg the hdd and it boots but freezez when it have loaded like 2min or 5 any help would be greate

Man, no clue about the external, I tried that once too and got the same thing. May be something where you need an EFI or chameleon on the drive. Again, no clue there.

As for the disk not reading your drive, I never had that problem, but I know it's common enough. I read a thread here when I first started about it, so try searching and you should find it. Even if it's because you're disk isn't partitioned right for OSX right now, it should still show up I'm sure....

i have installed osX on a verry old dell dimension 8250 before and it hade a ATA drive now i have moved it to my main comp (win7 ult 64bit right now) and i would like to have osX on my laptop so i can switch when i want and not partition my main comp. and by the way i have made some pics on my spec on the laptop. if u want i can upload them