Powerbook G4 Aluminum

1 post in this topic

So the search function here must be for people beyond my intelligence, as I simply got errors from it, so I'm sorry to drudge up an old issue, but I'm really pissed off.

So this morning, I crack open the trusty powerbook I bought used elsewhere, which already had a Lower RAM slot issue, but had been working fine with the other slot, and when all was said and done, now I have "No Good Banks" according to the error I now get.

What on earth can I do about this? Can I take this to Apple and get an answer (unlike the rest of the world)?

If I use a heat gun to perform a type of re-flow, will I get my powerbook back?

I don't have $200 for a new logic board, and I don't have $400 for a replacement laptop. This puts me in a really bad spot, and is the last Apple product I'm ever going to buy, used or otherwise.

Is there anything I can do about it, or is this a lost cause? I have a lot of schoolwork on that drive that I need back and pronto, and I don't boot OSx86, because I have an MSI P45 board, and I'm not using a custom BIOS with DSDT patch.

The laptop doesn't turn on, so don't tell me to start it in target mode.

I need answers, not BS. Sorry to sound so rude, but it is a big deal, this laptop has been serving me well until now.

-bonestonne