iPhone vs iPod Touch

shd

16 posts in this topic

Can somebody tell me or give me an link about the tech specs about those two?

I'm thinking to buy an ipod touch to play games, wifi use, videos, etc, and i want to know the diference betwen both, like, processor, ram, etc...

thx

What put me off the Touch.

No built in Mic. I want to be able to voice record . Like I can do this on My Dell Axim x50v.

No Camera . Or video camera . But video cam on ipod nano.

Better speaker on iphone , built in mic, camera and or video camera on latest version.

iphone to much $ ipod to restricted . Guess their scared of creating a Skype phone.

Tech specs details harder to find details.

32 and 64gig 2nd gen ipod touch have better graphics and maybe faster processor than 8 gig touch.

umm

32 and 64gig 2nd gen ipod touch have better graphics and maybe faster processor than 8 gig touch.

Technically the new ipod touch 32 and 64s are 3rd gen, they also have bluetooth and other assorted new features.

I have the iphone 3g 8gb and a touch 3rd gen 64gb...

I have to say there are ups and downs to each.

The touch has better framerates while playing 3d games, due to performance improvements... Also better battery life than the 3g. Because there is no phone features...

The iphone seems slower in the interface, but has a mic, camera, and the phone... A friends 3GS has none of these issues...

Generally the iPhone 3GS would be great, having the speed and capacity of the touch, whilst retaining the features of the phone etc... However the 32Gb iphone 3gs is about tripple a ipod touch 32gb in cost...

Videos, the same on both, the speaker is better on the iphone though, having an actual grill for the speaker...

I can give you actual specs if you desire, but they are pretty much useless... the only performance difference is between the previous iphone and touch models and the new ones being double

just to add something, on the ipod touch 2g and 3g you can use it as a skype phone through wifi provided you get the earbuds with mic.

and I still think that the original ipod touch is the prettiest of all the "iphones" with the black border and the flat back...but that is not a spec, just a taste

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i suggest getting a touch but if you also want to use the webs on the go, then you probably would be better off getting an iphone with a cheap data plan :l i've had an ipod touch for a long time now and it is all i need, i wouldnt mind having the internet wherever i go, but it seems to expensive to me

Both got their own features, however, some important differences between the iPhone and iPod Touch:

• There is no email client on the iPod Touch
  • There is no Maps application on the iPod Touch
  • There are no Stocks or Weather widgets on the iPod Touch
  • There is no built-in camera for the iPod Touch
  • There are no Blutooth capabilities for the iPod Touch
  • The iPod Touch has a differently styled "Dock," with a reflective surface -- akin to the Dock that will debut with Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
  • While the iPod Touch is sleeping, the user can tap the home button twice to bring up touch controls on the screen -- a feature the iPhone currently lacks
  • The iPod Touch has a separate Contacts app -- it's built into the Phone application on the iPhone
  • The iPod Touch has separate Video and Music apps, whereas the iPhone has a single "iPod" app that contains these functions
  • There is apparently (and obviously) no microphone on the iPod Touch, though it will be interesting to see if such audio-in capabilities could be enabled via a third-party device.
  • The iPod touch's headphone jack is on the bottom of the device
  • The iPod touch lacks a built-in external speaker
  • The iPod touch's screen appears to be of a slightly higher quality than the iPhone, with 163 pixels per inch to the iPhone's 160 pixels per inch.

Howwazzatt..!!

Mick.

* There is no email client on the iPod Touch

* There is no Maps application on the iPod Touch

* There are no Stocks or Weather widgets on the iPod Touch

* There are no Blutooth capabilities for the iPod Touch

* While the iPod Touch is sleeping, the user can tap the home button twice to bring up touch controls on the screen -- a feature the iPhone currently lacks

* The iPod Touch has a separate Contacts app -- it's built into the Phone application on the iPhone (acutually the iPhone has both)

* The iPod Touch has separate Video and Music apps, whereas the iPhone has a single "iPod" app that contains these functions

* The iPod touch's headphone jack is on the bottom of the device

* The iPod touch lacks a built-in external speaker

Howwazzatt..!!

umm... thats bulls**t.. i deleted the true ones... like camera. The ipod touch has a speaker, bluetooth, email, maps... they are exactly identical except for the dimensions (thickness) iphone's antenna for cellular use, the iphones condensed vids and audio, but no functionality lost there and microphone. The iphone has a contacts app exactly the same as the touch, but it also intergrates it into the phone app...

What you left out is that the iphone has dedicated GPS whereas the touch only has assisted (with data)... and the battery life on the iphone is somewhat better.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Overall, the iPhone 3G would be great, with the speed and the ability to play, while retaining the features of the phone, etc. .. However, the iPhone 3G 32 GB is approximately 32 GB iPod touch into a triple the cost ... Video, the same in both, the speaker is better in the iPhone, but with a real grill for the speaker ...