FIFA World Cup 2006

henbjo

12 posts in this topic

Surely I'm not the only one in here smitten by the football-fever (soccer) now during the opening of the always great sports event, the FIFA World Cup, so I thought we should have a place to discuss this :)

Even though I'm Norwegian, I must say that it's the Netherlands who occupy my heart in football contexts. I think they did a decent job today against Serbia & Montenegro, but nothing extraordinary. Although Arjen Robben never cease to amaze me! :)

I'm in love with the FIFA World Cup! :wub:

So let's hear about everybody's views, thoughts, favourites etc.!

Hmm, I'd put my money on that Germany and Brazil will be in the final, although I might want to see England get further than the first round this time around :P Tonight, I'd like to see Croatia at least score a few goals against the (most dreaded?) Brazil, and South Korea at least win the match against Togo (on now)

Ahh it's seeped onto the forum - i can't get away from it! Well scotland doesn't have a team capable of qualifying and i don't like football so i probably won't be watching any of it.

Tonight, I'd like to see Croatia at least score a few goals against the (most dreaded?) Brazil.

And they certainly would have deserved at least one goal. They had the pressure for the better part of the second half, and produced lots of opportunities. A shame they didn't get one of them in the web.

0uch!p0tat0 and munky since you're Scottish you can still support England. Or are you both just proving what’s has been on the news papers recently. Scots wouldn't help an English man even if he was dieing ;)

I support England but after seeing their first game I know they have no chance. Bunch of losers.

Any a lot of teams have a great chance if Brazil continues to play the way they did. Croatia should have definitely at least drawed. Oh well. Maybe I can support them from now on.

Argentina FTW

World Cup Trivia

Did you know that Germany never beat Italy on world cup level before, never! Although they managed to win the cup that was played in Italy.

edit : It is not Soccer, it is FOOTBALL. How come you guys name a game in which someone only touches the ball with their foot once or twice a game "football" and name the real "football" game which is played with foot 99% of the time "soccer"

0uch!p0tat0 and munky since you're Scottish you can still support England. Or are you both just proving what’s has been on the news papers recently. Scots wouldn't help an English man even if he was dieing :happymac:

I support England but after seeing their first game I know they have no chance. Bunch of losers.

Any a lot of teams have a great chance if Brazil continues to play the way they did. Croatia should have definitely at least drawed. Oh well. Maybe I can support them from now on.

I generally wouldn't support any team in any game i was watching - i'm just not really interested. I watched some of the england/trinidad game, i don't think they have much of a chance if they keep that pace up.

The press over exagerate the 'rivalry' between the scots and the english - to be honest i don't really care either way (if probably wouldn't care if it were scotland in englands place) - i just wish TV personalities would stop going on about 1966 as if not having won in 40 years was something to be proud of!