Video output?

FlyingHat

3 posts in this topic

I was wondering if there was a decent player out there that was capable of outputting video on something other than Quartz/CoreVideo.  I know mplayer can be compiled to use SDL output, but I'm really not sure how to accomplish that.

Any advice?

Um, the question makes little sense. Quartz/CoreVideo are an integral part of the video display. It's what the OS uses to write stuff to your screen. You can't "replace" it with something else... :)

Um, the question makes little sense.  Quartz/CoreVideo are an integral part of the video display.  It's what the OS uses to write stuff to your screen.  You can't "replace" it with something else...  :)

no but you can use different output devices for playing video, for example, playing video with OpenGL...

unless I'm completely misunderstanding something here.

Basically, I saw at one point that someone had done a recompile of mplayer, and I was just wondering if there was anything else out there that played video files decently. Since I don't have a nice onboard Intel card, I'm stuck using my NVidia card. Needless to say, playing video files fullscreen is a terrifying thing.