• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

lo-fi

lo-fi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
OK the slow boot has been fixed, for anyone that is interested "scififan68" was able to help me with the following advice:

In your picture i see the via sata kext loaded which is based off of the applenforceata kext which needs a patched ioatafamily kext or else the boot time is otherwise quite long just like yours. I wonder if that's the cause? Anyways download the patched 10.6.3 ioatafamily.kext here. and this kext is 32bit only.

Now I need to update to 10.6.4 :rolleyes:
Anyone tried the legacy 10.6.4 kernel on these machines with any luck? http://www.insanelym...howtopic=221599

ukhanlists

ukhanlists

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
Hi,

I have iDeneb 1.5.1(Leopard-10.5.7) running on a Dell OptiPlex 745 and I've been thinking about upgrading to 10.6. How did you create your DSDT.aml? I had trouble creating the DSDT from bios using DSDT-Patcher. So any pointer you have on getting a working DSDT would be appreciated. The machine I am using has a Core Two Duo processor. I have a PCI network card, since I couldn't get the onboard network card working.

Could you guys share your DSDT.aml and Kexts?

Thanks

instrance

instrance

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
What kext are you guys using for onboard video?

TheAppleFreak

TheAppleFreak

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
Okay, I know it's a bit of a necropost, but fate has once again made me try to Hackintosh this computer. One of my coworkers at my summer job wants me to hack one of these for some video editing, so I'm gonna need full QE/CI support.

I'd much rather like to use a vanilla installation, but if it's not possible on this hardware I understand. What kexts and notes regarding the installation would I need?

sabur7

sabur7

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Okay, I know it's a bit of a necropost, but fate has once again made me try to Hackintosh this computer. One of my coworkers at my summer job wants me to hack one of these for some video editing, so I'm gonna need full QE/CI support.

I'd much rather like to use a vanilla installation, but if it's not possible on this hardware I understand. What kexts and notes regarding the installation would I need?

Here's a good place to start
http://wiki.osx86pro...ps#Optiplex_745

I'm working on getting Lion working on the Optiplex 745.
I will update with progress as i can. I have 10.6.7 currently.

client00

client00

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Here's a good place to start
http://wiki.osx86pro...ps#Optiplex_745

I'm working on getting Lion working on the Optiplex 745.
I will update with progress as i can. I have 10.6.7 currently.

Hi. I'm the author of the Optiplex 745 entry in osx86wiki.
Have you managed to get Lion on yet?

harshals

harshals

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I am struggling to get a bootable Snow Leopard on OptiPlex 745.

I have already installed Atkos L2 and it boots till a point when I see grey logo with a line through it in the middle.

On doing "-v" option, I see that the core issue is this:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rooting via boot-uuid from /chosen: CA0179A4-B09C-3B0E-84F7-8AB2EFB7DBDE
From path: "uuid", Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch<key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>

Still waiting for root device

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have two questions:

1. How do I force Apple to always boot in "-v" mode. (Its been a struggle to insert that at each boot trapping the startup of the OS)

2. How do I resolve this above error ? What does it mean "boot-uuid-media" and then waiting for root device ? Will flags like "arch=i386" and "npci=0x2000" help here ?

I would like to understand the Mac OSX operating system rather than just trial and error so need someone knowlegeable who can explain me what exactly is going on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy