HP Mini 311 Darwin Project Thread (Part II - CURRENT)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
899 replies to this topic

theproto

theproto

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 618 posts

Ok, I just received my Compaq Mini 311c (French version)

Did a BootCD with the 2NOV09_Archive to install easily and properly.
I'll start working on Sound as soon as possible.

http://www.mediafire.com/MowgliBook

That is great news! Looking forward to hearing more from you!

Nico2k44

Nico2k44

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi all,

Just a quick note for the links to the BootCD not working,

Could you put online

Thank you in advance

PS: Sorry I do not speak English very well

Edit : sorry the link works now.

Lightsout565

Lightsout565

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

3NOV09_EFI.zip: (attached) (CURRENT - POSSIBLE RESUME ISSUE - GAMECHANGER) PLEASE HELP TROUBLESHOOT - REMOVE ALL OLD FILES

Proto, I'm scared to ask what this means.... :P

EDIT: Atom Support in 10.6.2!!

http://gizmodo.com/5...hackintosh-safe

MowgliBook

MowgliBook

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts
Report...

Such a good job you all did, it's very comfortable to find so much informations, and stuff. BIG UP and THANK YOU VERY MUCH !
1 I tested HDMI output with NVIDIA.ROM, and it works perfectly ! 1920x1200 without issues.
2 I also tested sleep, the DSDT LID hack works perfectly, major issue is Ethernet does not reconnect after sleep.
3 I have also a pb with the SMcpype key in SMBIOS.pist my Atom N270 is not recognized as Core Solo with Vanilla kernel. That's a pb since it's necessary to update to 10.6.2 with vanilla kernel.
I'm also surprised since BT-coexistence is not always switched on at boot.
4 Last but not least, AppleHDA is certainly going to work. the IDT chip is osx-able :P but I'll need some time.
I have HDAkext and HDAcontroller loaded but I need to deal with nodeIDs and pathmaps... if you have experience in that sort of jobs contact me.

I'll keep you posted.

if you can read French I have some good news about 10.6.2 and Atom

theproto

theproto

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 618 posts

Report...

Such a good job you all did, it's very comfortable to find so much informations, and stuff. BIG UP and THANK YOU VERY MUCH !
1 I tested HDMI output with NVIDIA.ROM, and it works perfectly ! 1920x1200 without issues.
2 I also tested sleep, the DSDT LID hack works perfectly, major issue is Ethernet does not reconnect after sleep.
3 I have also a pb with the SMcpype key in SMBIOS.pist my Atom N270 is not recognized as Core Solo with Vanilla kernel. That's a pb since it's necessary to update to 10.6.2 with vanilla kernel.
I'm also surprised since BT-coexistence is not always switched on at boot.
4 Last but not least, AppleHDA is certainly going to work. the IDT chip is osx-able :P but I'll need some time.
I have HDAkext and HDAcontroller loaded but I need to deal with nodeIDs and pathmaps... if you have experience in that sort of jobs contact me.

I'll keep you posted.

if you can read French I have some good news about 10.6.2 and Atom

Yeah, I hooked up my TV about an hour ago and found the HDMI to work like a champ!

I am having a stability problem on resume however, I mean every time!

When I worked on AppleHDA I got too stumped on the pathmaps to continue... Good to see you are truckin through it.

Again, talk to me about stability on resume. I am working hard on this one.

A note about SMcputype. It is recognized by PC EFI 10.4.1 however netkas decided to use a third parties lame auto detect feature instead of allowing override with smbios injection of the value.

PC EFI 10.5 doesn't really offer anything that helps us so I may drop back down to 10.4.1 so we can get the SMcputype working as expected.

EDIT: I've read much about 10.6.2 and wish it didn't get the news it did as most are ignorant and gave more attention to this "scene" than we ever cared for.

MowgliBook

MowgliBook

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts
Does not work with PCEFI 10.4.1 either... I'll dig it later.

theproto

theproto

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 618 posts

Does not work with PCEFI 10.4.1 either... I'll dig it later.

It may have been prasys's patched version I was using of 10.4 then.

Stability on resume? Any issues there?

MowgliBook

MowgliBook

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts
Bluetooth is not really working... here, I can't pair my iPhone ! and 1/2 my mighty mouse is not working...
Bluetooth sharing does not work as well.

theproto

theproto

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 618 posts

Bluetooth is not really working... here, I can't pair my iPhone ! and 1/2 my mighty mouse is not working...
Bluetooth sharing does not work as well.

Interesting, I use BT DUN with my BlackBerry Storm most every day, not a single issue.

Can you copy your profiler info like this?

Address: REMOVED
Manufacturer: Broadcom
Firmware Version: 3 (165)
Bluetooth Power: On
Discoverable: Yes
HCI Version: 4 ($4)
HCI Revision: 165 ($a5)
LMP Version: 4 ($4)
LMP Subversion: 16899 ($4203)
Device Type (Major): Computer
Device Type (Complete): Macintosh Portable
Composite Class Of Device: 3670284 ($38010c)
Device Class (Major): 1 ($1)
Device Class (Minor): 3 ($3)
Service Class: 448 ($1c0)
Requires Authentication: No

the Mini 311's BT is simply USB on the Mini PCIe card and should have nothing to do with the unit itself. I can even toggle the wireless button and use the BT after over and over. That has been the most solid thing yet...

How about your general stability after a resume? Does it KP after a few moments or even 20 mins later? Do you get a black screen sometimes on resume forcing you to bring it down hard?

MowgliBook

MowgliBook

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts
Hardware Settings:
MiniBook:
Address: 00-aa-0a-b0-00-c0
Firmware Version: 3 (207)
HCI Revision: 207 ($cf)
Composite Class Of Device: 3801356 ($3a010c)
Service Class: 464 ($1d0)

Not the same dongle... {censored}.

No KP yet.

I drop it for tonight, have to sleep...

theproto

theproto

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 618 posts

Hardware Settings:
MiniBook:
Address: 00-aa-0a-b0-00-c0
Firmware Version: 3 (207)
HCI Revision: 207 ($cf)
Composite Class Of Device: 3801356 ($3a010c)
Service Class: 464 ($1d0)

Not the same dongle... {censored}.

Most definately different... That explains this well.

I have also learned that you DO NOT want to use the NVIDIA.ROM uploaded... I though my system was going to blow up.. We really are just using PC EFI's enabler and when I figured that out I figured that I want to try the real thing... Not good... Had to pull the battery! I have never seen such bright colors emitted from a screen before...

Still fighting resume stability.

MowgliBook

MowgliBook

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts
I'm using that NVIDIA.ROM and no issues for several hours... pretty stable and no more than 50°C for the CPU. The Netbook is not that hot...

BTW I think I've got a solution for waking up ethernet after sleep.

See you tomorrow.

theproto

theproto

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 618 posts

I'm using that NVIDIA.ROM and no issues for several hours... pretty stable and no more than 50°C for the CPU. The Netbook is not that hot...

BTW I think I've got a solution for waking up ethernet after sleep.

See you tomorrow.

If you look at the system profiler page it likely shows:

xx.xx.xx - internal

Indicating that you are not using the ROM at all., many are confused with that one as we forgot to specify the VideoROM attribute wit the path to it. Once you do make the connection it is bad news. However PC EFI is doing a great job by itself.

EDIT: Can anyone see if http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/ can actually dump our NVIDIA ROM? I believe netkas said GPU-ZS dumps roms in one of his replies and I would like to validate that but don't have Windows on this device.

I really want access to our actual ROM. Anyone, please?

theproto

theproto

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 618 posts
Hello!!! Anyone???

I am looking for a return hand here!

If you are using my latest archive and have a stable system you can resume from (yes, I know you are out there as you are talking about ethernet not working after resuming and such but your system is up and running) please zip up all your files, let me know what booter you are using and how you initially installed as I would really like to take a look at them since I cannot get myself a stable system after resume and others here using files I posted clearly have.

I am very serious. I cannot move on to other things until this is stable after sleep and that I am lacking at the moment. Again, I know you are out there and I have contributed a lot of time here.

Ego_OSX

Ego_OSX

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Hello!!! Anyone???

I am looking for a return hand here!

If you are using my latest archive and have a stable system you can resume from (yes, I know you are out there as you are talking about ethernet not working after resuming and such but your system is up and running) please zip up all your files, let me know what booter you are using and how you initially installed as I would really like to take a look at them since I cannot get myself a stable system after resume and others here using files I posted clearly have.

I am very serious. I cannot move on to other things until this is stable after sleep and that I am lacking at the moment. Again, I know you are out there and I have contributed a lot of time here.

I've just checked my sleep and it seems to work fine after resume. No KP. The only thing that doesn't work is sleep on lid close. I'm using chameleon 2 rc3 and pc efi 10.5. I'll post my files in a moment

here you are. I'm running 10.6.1 and the vanilla kernel

theproto

theproto

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 618 posts

I've just checked my sleep and it seems to work fine after resume. No KP. The only thing that doesn't work is sleep on lid close. I'm using chameleon 2 rc3 and pc efi 10.5. I'll post my files in a moment

Thank you Ego! Looking forward to seeing what you are running at this point as I am having a heck of time here. It really frustrating as I thought I had things perfect and lost the files prior to an upload while testing the ROM crap and 3 KPs later I lost 8 directories even with the journaled FS after I repaired.

I have KPed nearly 30 times now in testing different things and cringe each time I hear the HP clunk :-(

Ego_OSX

Ego_OSX

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Thank you Ego! Looking forward to seeing what you are running at this point as I am having a heck of time here. It really frustrating as I thought I had things perfect and lost the files prior to an upload while testing the ROM crap and 3 KPs later I lost 8 directories even with the journaled FS after I repaired.

I have KPed nearly 30 times now in testing different things and cringe each time I hear the HP clunk :-(

hmm, that's really odd since you're not loading too many extra kexts. I just hope my setup helps.

theproto

theproto

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 618 posts

hmm, that's really odd since you're not loading too many extra kexts. I just hope my setup helps.

I know... It's crazy as it seems that I am the only one having stability issues around here as many folks are running files I am posting without issue. Am am starting to get concerned that my hardware may be at fault... Not sure but starting to get concerned about this situation. It has wasted damn near 2 weeks of my evenings now and no one else is having these issues.

EDIT: Is the file attached already to a post?

Lightsout565

Lightsout565

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
FYI You might want to update the top post with a link to Modbin's kernel .

http://rapidshare.co...ernel_test7.rar

theproto

theproto

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 618 posts

FYI You might want to update the top post with a link to Modbin's kernel .

http://rapidshare.co...ernel_test7.rar

Good call... Done... Thought about it before but forgot... Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy