Kakewalk: Minimal effort install (EP45, EX58, P55, G41)

mrjanek

3,658 posts in this topic

I discovered some more problems. Every time I boot up my language settings/input sources change. And every time I open iTunes I get software license agreement.

But then again it's running superb and this don't bother me much, but it would be nice if it would be solved. Keep on the good work. :)

I discovered some more problems. Every time I boot up my language settings/input sources change. And every time I open iTunes I get software license agreement.

But then again it's running superb and this don't bother me much, but it would be nice if it would be solved. Keep on the good work. :)

Hm.. the language settings changing is something that I haven't had any problems with... yet ;)

However I also get the iTunes license agreement on every start. And then there's the screensaver issue..

I've been looking for solutions to the problems and I've yet to find any :/

Hm.. the language settings changing is something that I haven't had any problems with... yet :hysterical:

However I also get the iTunes license agreement on every start. And then there's the screensaver issue..

I've been looking for solutions to the problems and I've yet to find any :/

I've managed to solve the problems with the screensaver and also iTunes.

I'll post the fix soon.

Check this post for ready made edited DSDT's over @ efixusers.

http://www.efixusers.com/showthread.php?t=38

/e

This looks promising, but unfortunately this site won't let me download anything (even if I register). This is weird. Do you have to be some sort of a donator before they will give you privileges to download stuff and post on their forums. If so, that's lame.

Fixing iTunes, Screensaver and adding 64-bit driver for network card

1. Download this package

2. Double-click "Post-Install Fixes" and point it to your OS X partition

3. Reboot when the installer has finished

This step has been included in the guide.

It replaces the previous package installer, the BonjourFix and TimeMachine fixes.

Deprecated method. See the download link in the firs post.

Fixing iTunes, Screensaver and adding 64-bit driver for network card

1. Download this package

2. Double-click "Post-Install Fixes" and point it to your OS X partition

3. Reboot when the installer has finished

This step has been included in the guide.

It replaces the previous package installer, the BonjourFix and TimeMachine fixes.

It fixed the problems. Thank you very much. :)

It fixed the problems. Thank you very much. :)

me too. THANKS!

one problem left: D-LINK DWA 547 does not work in SL, not even in 32bit mode. it´s recognized as pci card in the system profiler, but no way to get it running. hardware revision: A0.

Mrjanek, a big thanks to you!

Another successful install for the records.

I was really surprised when I didn't have to bother with any special drivers for my GTX 260, works seemingly without any issues.

I'm curious. If you don't mind, could you perhaps do a rundown for the tech savvy users of your installer. What is used and what is not. I mean, most other guides go into much more detail using platform UUID's, EFI graphics strings and what not. Perhaps the graphics enabler takes care of all this, if your lucky?

In any event, thanks a million. I owe you a beer :D

/e

post-505140-1257543917_thumb.png

mrjanek, great post and instructions thanks. I have got everything perfect except for sleep. I can manually put the machine to sleep but if I set it to sleep on the energy saver preference after say, 5 minutes, the display goes off but the machine doesn't sleep. I would be grateful for any ideas. Many thanks in advance!

Mrjanek, a big thanks to you!

Another successful install for the records.

I was really surprised when I didn't have to bother with any special drivers for my GTX 260, works seemingly without any issues.

I'm curious. If you don't mind, could you perhaps do a rundown for the tech savvy users of your installer. What is used and what is not. I mean, most other guides go into much more detail using platform UUID's, EFI graphics strings and what not. Perhaps the graphics enabler takes care of all this, if your lucky?

In any event, thanks a million. I owe you a beer :D

/e

Sure, I'll do a brief rundown of what's included

DSDT.aml - This has been patched with the basics HPET, RTC, etc. It has also been patched to enable sound and "Graphics Enabler".

PCEFI bootloader is included. The package makes use of the Graphics Enabler option to autodetect the graphics card and pass on the information gathered to Snow Leopard.

KEXTs - JMicronATA to be able to use P-ATA devices, LegacyHDA for enabling sound, PlatformUUID with a preset UUID, Realtek1000SL driver with 64-bit support and Bonjour

That's it basically.

I'm glad people find this install package useful :) Thanks!

I will be posting a new version soon (today). The difference with that one is that you don't have to run "Post-Install Fixes" after installing Snow Leopard. Instead it will be a package included in the Snow Leopard installation (eg. Customize -> X11).

This will make the installation even easier and cleaner!

EGoTtMcqS.gif

mrjanek, great post and instructions thanks. I have got everything perfect except for sleep. I can manually put the machine to sleep but if I set it to sleep on the energy saver preference after say, 5 minutes, the display goes off but the machine doesn't sleep. I would be grateful for any ideas. Many thanks in advance!

Strange.. sleep is working just fine here.

Have you set up BIOS properly?

I am going to help a friend tonight with installing SL on his machine - the same config as mine so I look forward to the new installer :(

Great :) I've just uploaded the new install package with an updated guide.

Use the "DOWNLOAD GUIDE" link in the first post or click here

Another successful install! Very happy with a stable system running a 2.13Ghz C2D w/ 8800GT.

Any word on how careful we should be updating to the latest 10.6.x? Anyone had any problems going to 10.6.2?

Do NOT update - I did it on mine and got the system bombed. Something with the sleepenabler

Update ! If removing sleepenabler from /Extra/Extensions and then running the update it works fine - read more at netkas.org

Do NOT update - I did it on mine and got the system bombed. Something with the sleepenabler

Update ! If removing sleepenabler from /Extra/Extensions and then running the update it works fine - read more at netkas.org

This is exactly the case :(

I've made an easy package installer that solves the issue.

It also has a fix applied to the DSDT.aml which removes the need of using "IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext"

So everyone should install this package. Oh, and I've just applied these fixes to the installation package in the first post. No need to apply this package after installing Snow Leopard.

Gigabyte UD3LR OSX10.6.2

DOWNLOAD

Apply this fix to your OSX partition before upgrading to 10.6.2 (obviously).

Fix no longer necessary.

This is exactly the case :(

I've made an easy package installer that solves the issue.

It also has a fix applied to the DSDT.aml which removes the need of using "IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext"

So everyone should install this package. Oh, and I've just applied these fixes to the installation package in the first post. No need to apply this package after installing Snow Leopard.

Gigabyte UD3LR OSX10.6.2

DOWNLOAD

Apply this fix to your OSX partition before upgrading to 10.6.2 (obviously).

mrjanek,

thanks for the snow installer - good job!

I updated today to 10.6.2. Everything works 'though I didn't install the sleepenabler kext at the first install.

Do I need to install this package nonetheless?

i have the same issue here. computer with 2 tft´s.

after wakeup the computer made a weird sound and the monitors gone crazy (graphics artifacts on the screens).

mrjanek,

thanks for the snow installer - good job!

I updated today to 10.6.2. Everything works 'though I didn't install the sleepenabler kext at the first install.

Do I need to install this package nonetheless?

Well, the package it's just more cleaner now and the DSDT.aml file has been patched so a few KEXTs are no longer needed. Performance wise nothing has changed.

i have the same issue here. computer with 2 tft´s.

after wakeup the computer made a weird sound and the monitors gone crazy (graphics artifacts on the screens).

Install the package a few posts up and see if it makes any difference

Have something more changed with the new installer? I tried using it but the computer hangs at verifying DMI data when reading from the USB stick. Tried with three different USB sticks, restoring SL install image to them and then installing the installer package but with the same result with all three of them.

Darn - have reinstalled and updated all the latest packages, currently running 10.6.2 with your fix but still can't get the system to automatically sleep!!! Have checked BIOS settings and everything - any ideas please (driving me crazy!)