VIA VT1708S 5.1 in 10.6

nozz93

72 posts in this topic

Input: http://cl.ly/08c47d0712b19a81c166/ both work

Output: http://cl.ly/b60057ac82754e8b3caf - http://cl.ly/845066809df5c5679259

Digital audio (HDMI) and SPDIF-out (Black Rear) don't work

I didn't add anything

did you test them or say that you cant control them :(

I will try and find a guide today and do a core dump and post it.

Thanks

snakeman

use ubuntu live cd and use terminal ith this command

cd ~/Desktop && mkdir CodecDump && for c in /proc/asound/card*/codec#*; do f="${c/\/*card/card}"; cat "$c" > CodecDump/${f//\//-}.txt; done && zip -r CodecDump.zip CodecDump

did you test them or say that you cant control them :blink:

use ubuntu live cd and use terminal ith this command

cd ~/Desktop && mkdir CodecDump && for c in /proc/asound/card*/codec#*; do f="${c/\/*card/card}"; cat "$c" > CodecDump/${f//\//-}.txt; done && zip -r CodecDump.zip CodecDump

Ok I booted into ubuntu 10.04 ran alsamixer unmuted digital out then ran the command above. Will it only work from Live CD?

Thanks for all the help

snakeman

card0_codec_0.txt

Still no digital out! I noticed I have a HDMI out now. My board doesnt have this output on the back panel.

snakeman

what about analog

i have no digital to test

and hdmi it is to nvida card that was connected to on board audio codec to enable audio throw hdmi

Trick by Trauma

Set your SPDIF output to 16 bits 48Khz in audio midi configuration utility. It should do the trick. For some reason VoodooHDA sets SPDIF output to 32 bits 192Khz by default on my codec. SPDIF only supports up to 20 bits standard bit depth, and optionally 24 bits, and a max 96Khz sample frequency.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hey everyone, I installed Snow Leopard Retail a while ago and everything is working fine. Except my sound... fassl helped me to get all five outputs to appear in Snow Leo with VoodooHDA and all outputs work correctly in the Audio-MIDI-Setup. I configured the outputs as 5.1 surround device and sound comes out of the right speakers. Now the problems start: When I listen to music (or something else using stereo sound), the sound comes out of the rear speakers. It won't come out of the front speakers, doesn't matter whether I switch the outputs in the Audio-MIDI-Setup, the sound keeps coming out of the rear speakers (black connector). Temporary, I put my green speaker connector into the black connector at the sound card and the black at the green one. Is there a way to switch the outputs without switching the cables?

Second problem: I have no volume control with the configured 5.1 device. I can regulate the volume from every single output but not with the outputs combined to one device.

Does anyone have a solution for my problems?

Edit: Wow, forgot my VoodooHDA.kext! Should've attached it. It has a modded Info.plist. Also attached my codec dump.

I have same problem . multi speaker does not work for me .

plz someone solves this problem

Hey everyone, I installed Snow Leopard Retail a while ago and everything is working fine. Except my sound... fassl helped me to get all five outputs to appear in Snow Leo with VoodooHDA and all outputs work correctly in the Audio-MIDI-Setup. I configured the outputs as 5.1 surround device and sound comes out of the right speakers. Now the problems start: When I listen to music (or something else using stereo sound), the sound comes out of the rear speakers. It won't come out of the front speakers, doesn't matter whether I switch the outputs in the Audio-MIDI-Setup, the sound keeps coming out of the rear speakers (black connector). Temporary, I put my green speaker connector into the black connector at the sound card and the black at the green one. Is there a way to switch the outputs without switching the cables?

Second problem: I have no volume control with the configured 5.1 device. I can regulate the volume from every single output but not with the outputs combined to one device.

Edit: Wow, forgot my VoodooHDA.kext! Should've attached it. It has a modded Info.plist. Also attached my codec dump.

I have same problem . multi speaker does not work for me .

plz someone solves this problem

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi mate!

Could you please help me to get 5.1 working on my VIA 1708s sound chip!!!

i own gigabyte gag41 m combo mobo and SL 10.6.7 installed (Fully working)

using appleazilia kext to get stereo output only... :(

PLZ... PLZ.... ;)

• 8 months later...