boot camp drivers for windows 7 ultimate

snowflyerxx

4 posts in this topic

well i wanna check out the windows 7 hype. so i blew away my old XP partition, re partitioned for bootcamp and installed my windows 7 disk. everything installed fine except when i went to go put my osx x 10.5.6 disk in, i got an error saying that its not supported on this version of windows (x64).

now i bought my macbook when snow leopard came out, so i brought it back to the mac store and they updated it for free for me the next day, however i never got a boot disk (whatever)

are there bootcamp drivers avalible for windows 7 so i can get everything up and running poperly with my graphics and such? i couldnt find much on google to help me out but it would be nice to have the correct nvidia drivers installed as well as audio and touchpad and well the obvious function keys.

would i be better off installing xp or vista, install the boot camp drivers then upgrade to 7? ive never been able to 'successfully' upgrade any pc to a newer version of windows wihtout a format. obviously i had to use NTFS instead of fat32 when i installed but thats shouldnt make a difference as to installing the bootcamp drivers...

HELP! im still fairly new to os x running on a real mac vs. my old intel hackintosh

As of right now there is no Windows 7 x64 Drivers at the moment, I have the x32 version on my MacBook and it works fine. You need to get that Snow Leopard disc that has the Windows Drivers for your mac. That is Essential.

• 2 months later...

There is now. The latest driver for Windows 7 is updated via Bootcamp 3 Build 2151 release. It comes along with the Mac OS X 10.6.2 disc. Google it and you'll find the link to download the driver. It works fine on my MacBook Pro Uni 2.4 Late 2008 so try it and get back here to post how it works on your Mac.