SONY Vaio VGN-Ar250g woes:IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87

jfisk

4 posts in this topic

I tried installing retail snow leo on my sony vgn-ar250g and hit a snag upon first boot...IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87.

Here is exactly what I did. See the end of this post for the whole system specs.

*Used boot132 method from Mac Your PC

http://macyourpc.com/2009/09/13/mac-os-x-1...oot-132-method/

the First .iso gave me the waiting on root error...the second worked like a charm, It installed correctly with the only noticable bug being if There was no activity (i.e, mouse movement), then the screen would appear to be frozen. If i would move the mouse a bit it would kick back.

*After the DVD installer was done, i rebooted, tried going to the mac HD, but i would always get the IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87 at the end. I tried booting in safe mode... no luck ;) . I also tried using that demo Rebel EFI bootloader but immediately kernal crashed. I then tried it to reinstall snow leopard and it wouldnt even get to the installer. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks a bunch.

------------------------------------------------

Motherboard: Phoenix Technologies

Processor Manufacturer:IntelProcessor Number:T7200Processor Speed:2 GHzMotherboard Chipset:Intel 945PMBus Speed:667 MHzMemory RAM Technology:DDR2 SDRAMMax Supported RAM:2 GBRAM Speed:533 MHzInstalled Cache Memory:4096 KBHard Drive Hard Drive Capacity:200 GBStorage Controller Type:Serial ATACD / DVD CD / DVD Type:DVD±RW

Graphic Processor:NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600Installed Video Memory:128 mb

Expandability:1 x Type I/II PC Card Slot, 1 x SD Card Slot, 1 x Memory Stick Card Slot, 1 x Memory Stick DUO, 1 x ExpressCardExpansion Ports:3 x USB 2.0, 1 x IEEE 1394a (FireWire), VGA out, RJ-11 (modem), RJ-45 (NIC), S-Video out, HDMISpecial Features:TV tuner · Integrated Video Camera · Remote ControlInput Method:Keyboard · TouchpadNetworking Networking Type:Bluetooth · Integrated 10/100 Network Card · Integrated Wireless LAN <--intel (obviously)Data Link Protocol:Bluetooth · Ethernet · Fast Ethernet · IEEE 802.11a · IEEE 802.11b · IEEE 802.11

Ive gone through some various sony vaio's and found that my hardware SHOULD be compatible. Ive seen another VGN-AR series which has leopard, but no snow leopard. Would the bootloader affect the installer? I know the one i particulary used had some extras installed, but im not sure if the vector error message was provoked by them or not. Thanks, it would be nice get a nice sony vaio thread started.

• 2 months later...
I tried installing retail snow leo on my sony vgn-ar250g and hit a snag upon first boot...IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87.

Here is exactly what I did. See the end of this post for the whole system specs.

*Used boot132 method from Mac Your PC

http://macyourpc.com/2009/09/13/mac-os-x-1...oot-132-method/

the First .iso gave me the waiting on root error...the second worked like a charm, It installed correctly with the only noticable bug being if There was no activity (i.e, mouse movement), then the screen would appear to be frozen. If i would move the mouse a bit it would kick back.

*After the DVD installer was done, i rebooted, tried going to the mac HD, but i would always get the IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87 at the end. I tried booting in safe mode... no luck ;) . I also tried using that demo Rebel EFI bootloader but immediately kernal crashed. I then tried it to reinstall snow leopard and it wouldnt even get to the installer. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks a bunch.

------------------------------------------------

Motherboard: Phoenix Technologies

Processor Manufacturer:IntelProcessor Number:T7200Processor Speed:2 GHzMotherboard Chipset:Intel 945PMBus Speed:667 MHzMemory RAM Technology:DDR2 SDRAMMax Supported RAM:2 GBRAM Speed:533 MHzInstalled Cache Memory:4096 KBHard Drive Hard Drive Capacity:200 GBStorage Controller Type:Serial ATACD / DVD CD / DVD Type:DVD±RW

Graphic Processor:NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600Installed Video Memory:128 mb

Expandability:1 x Type I/II PC Card Slot, 1 x SD Card Slot, 1 x Memory Stick Card Slot, 1 x Memory Stick DUO, 1 x ExpressCardExpansion Ports:3 x USB 2.0, 1 x IEEE 1394a (FireWire), VGA out, RJ-11 (modem), RJ-45 (NIC), S-Video out, HDMISpecial Features:TV tuner · Integrated Video Camera · Remote ControlInput Method:Keyboard · TouchpadNetworking Networking Type:Bluetooth · Integrated 10/100 Network Card · Integrated Wireless LAN <--intel (obviously)Data Link Protocol:Bluetooth · Ethernet · Fast Ethernet · IEEE 802.11a · IEEE 802.11b · IEEE 802.11

Since this is the exact same post as on hackint0sh.org where (I assume you) claimed to get it working, how did you figure it out? I would love to know? What version of BIOS, did you do the VT enable BIOS hack, etc. Any ideas? I am getting the exact IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87 error. Any idea?