[Guida]v2 SnowLeopard 32/64bit 10.6.7Vanilla. PERFETTA e SEMPLICISSIMA! NO DISABLER! AGG:23.03.11

• Please log in to reply
303 replies to this topic

scrax

scrax

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts

26/02/10 23.44.57 kernel Sound assertion "0 == pathMap_aDriverInstance" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-179.1.4/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 1656 goto Exit
26/02/10 23.44.57 kernel Sound assertion "0 != createAudioEngines ( fPathMap_aDriverInstance )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-179.1.4/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 203 goto Exit

This warning are not a problem, I have them if I run @ 64bit but audio still works.
questi avvisi non sono un problema, se carico a 64bit li ho anch'io ma l'audio funziona comunque

Hi

I've tried your latest dsdt file from your guide "http://www.insanelym...owtopic=194759" and computer does not shutdown. I've beeen using you previous dsdt and with it works. I don't know why and what happend. Everything else is workign great (sleep, all devices etc.).

I'll attach both files ->

Cheers.

What bootloader are you using? Actually shoutdown don't works also for me. i'll try to spot what is in the next days
I'm using the last build of chameleon 2RC5pre12 r118

EDIT: I've found the missing code: / ho trovato il codice mancante
Name (_PRW, Package (0x02) {0x0B,0x04}) //added for shutdown support / aggiunto per spegnimento
in:
Device (FRWR){Name (_ADR, 0x05030000)
					Name (_GPE, 0x0A)
					Name (_PRW, Package (0x02) {0x0B,0x04})	   //added for shutdown support 
					Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized) {Store (Package (0x04) {
							"built-in",Buffer (One) {0x00}, ...etc...

Now shutdown works again. / adesso lo spegnimento funziona di nuovo
Here you are your dsdt with the missed code added. :)
Attached File  New_dsdt_without_shutdown_problem.zip   5.26KB   39 downloads

nikeita

nikeita

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

This warning are not a problem, I have them if I run @ 64bit but audio still works.
questi avvisi non sono un problema, se carico a 64bit li ho anch'io ma l'audio funziona comunque

What bootloader are you using? Actually shoutdown don't works also for me. i'll try to spot what is in the next days
I'm using the last build of chameleon 2RC5pre12 r118

Name (_PRW, Package (0x02) {0x0B,0x04}) //added for shutdown support / aggiunto per spegnimento
in:

Name (_GPE, 0x0A)

Here you are your dsdt with the missed code added. :(

scrax, my system run @32 bit and audio doesn't work because of those error messages without voodoopowermini (maybe affecting only 32 bit part of kext driver, i presume).

Mac Gyver, what you mean with "PC health" ?

Mac Gyver

Mac Gyver

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
scrax:

still nothing regarding audiochip with the kext you linked .
i think nikeita and i should get the same problem between NullCPU.... and voodoomini
as i get some other problems of shutdown-restart and DHCP so ... i'll probably try your entire installer.

nikeita:

sorry, i've misunderstood with my other mobo for PC HEALTH.
in your Bios go under "Power" and "Hardware monitor"
and then check cpu temp and vcore. those values are the real ones.
you 'll notice that the vcore is much lower to the one applied in the cpu settings if not on "Auto"
it is due to a vdroop. you can increase it to obtain a "real" 1,3500v max for a SLACR.
but check the "real temp " too.

for exemple my E5200 need to be set on 1,45 to obtain a real 1,35 (due to vdroop again)
but it's rock stable @ 3,69ghz and idle 38°C full 58°C under istat AND in bios (on a stock air quad cooler)

scrax

scrax

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,704 posts

scrax:

ancora nulla per l'audio coi kext che hai linkato.
penso che nikeita ed io abbiamo lo stesso problema tra NullCPU.... e voodoomini
inoltre ho errori di spegnimento, quindi proverò tutto l'nstaller.

If you want to do a manual installation you need:

- Chameleon 2RC5preX (I'm using the last revision r118)
- my DSDT generic or with Speedstep value for your CPU in /Extra
. smbios.plist for your ram and processor, com.apple.Boot.plist with you boot preferences and your graphic EFI string
- in /Extra/Extensions or /S/L/E: fakesmc.kext and LegacyHDAPlatformDriver.kext, LegacyJMB36xSATA.kext
- in /System/Library/Extensions : JMicronATA.kext , Attansic1LEthernet.kext, voodoopowermini.kext (not needed with Speedstep code)

the installer puts all the kext in /S/L/E, in the installer you can find all the kext and the dsdt and some generic com.apple.boot.plist and smbios.plist

If you know how many p-state your CPU support I can help you in edit my dsdt for your CPU so you don't need anymore voodoopowermini and nullcpu...

nikeita

nikeita

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

If you want to do a manual installation you need:

- Chameleon 2RC5preX (I'm using the last revision r118)
- my DSDT generic or with Speedstep value for your CPU in /Extra
. smbios.plist for your ram and processor, com.apple.Boot.plist with you boot preferences and your graphic EFI string
- in /Extra/Extensions or /S/L/E: fakesmc.kext and LegacyHDAPlatformDriver.kext, LegacyJMB36xSATA.kext
- in /System/Library/Extensions : JMicronATA.kext , Attansic1LEthernet.kext, voodoopowermini.kext (not needed with Speedstep code)

the installer puts all the kext in /S/L/E, in the installer you can find all the kext and the dsdt and some generic com.apple.boot.plist and smbios.plist

If you know how many p-state your CPU support I can help you in edit my dsdt for your CPU so you don't need anymore voodoopowermini and nullcpu...

scrax, i too have an Intel Q6600 (if you have time to post the same dsdt in previous post plus Q6600 pstates will be very appreciated).
I was able to get id of voodoopowermini and still get AppleHDA loaded and working without the console msgs errors mentioned in previous post (solution was, after removing the voodoo kext and pfix'ed need a first reboot with -x -f to get rid of console msgs errors in previous post, something still get cached i assume).

Also, the great part, i was able (removing voodoo) to make sleep partially working (for now only sleep, not able to resume but before this get pc freezed going in to sleep mode). a step forward :)

recap now after remove voodopowermini.kext:

- HD Audio ok (was ok before)
- reboot/shutdown doesn't work (was ok before)
- speedstep not enabled (working before)
- resume not working (neither sleep and resume working)

edit:
updated my dsdt with scrax dstd on post above with shutdown code, but not working.
reboot never happen, shutdown switch off only power led but cpu fan remain on ( have to powerdown with 4.sec power button)
thank you

edit2:
with that dsdt sleep/resume now work!! ! GREAT

scrax

scrax

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,704 posts

edit:
updated my dsdt with scrax dstd on post above with shutdown code, but not working.
reboot never happen, shutdown switch off only power led but cpu fan remain on ( have to powerdown with 4.sec power button)
thank you

edit2:
with that dsdt sleep/resume now work!! ! GREAT

SO not working? shutdown?
can you post your kernel.log?

This is a DSDT for P5KR or P5K, P5KC with P5KRbios and Q6600 with 4 p-state

Here you are your dsdt with the missed code added. :)

it shoud work, but if not explain well what is not working, what kext in use etc...

nikeita

nikeita

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

SO not working? shutdown?
can you post your kernel.log?

This is a DSDT for P5KR or P5K, P5KC with P5KRbios and Q6600 with 4 p-state

it shoud work, but if not explain well what is not working, what kext in use etc...

with this DSDT ( New_dsdt_without_shutdown_problem.zip ) speedstep , restart and shutdown doesn't work. sleep/resume is OK

now my only kext in fakesmc, natit.kext and modded ATI driver for my x1950GT

bbeepp

bbeepp

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

in:

Name (_GPE, 0x0A)

Here you are your dsdt with the missed code added. :(

Thanks a lot!!! I was looking for missing code but I never thought it should be in firewire section.

scrax

scrax

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,704 posts

con questo DSDT ( New_dsdt_without_shutdown_problem.zip ) speedstep , riavvio e spegnimento non funzionano. stop/riavvio è OK

ora gli unici kext in fakesmc, natit.kext e modificati ATI driver per la mia x1950GT

There is something that i don't understand, how could you Attansic work without any kext?
Please provide kernel.log , YOURMAC.ioreg , smbios.plist and com.apple.Boot.plist and a dump from kextstats typed in terminal, to check the difference with mine.
And last thing, what bootloader are you using?
c'è qualcosa che non capisco, come può funzionarti Attansic senza nessun kext?
Perpiacere posta kernel.log , ILTUOMAC.ioreg , smbios.plist , com.apple.Boot.plist e un dump da kextstats scritto in terminal, per verificare le differenze con i miei.
E un'ultima cosa, che bootloader usi?

Grazie mille!!! Stavo cercando il codice mancante e non avrei mai pensato potesse essere nella sezione della firewire.

Thank's to you for your report, I was thinking it was a bootloader problem before reading your post. :graduated:
Grazie a te per la segnalazione, pensavo fosse un problema di bootloader prima di leggere il tuo post.

Broll

Broll

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
Grazie :) Sono riuscito a farlo nel pc di un mio amico :) Nel mio ho ancora qualche problema XD

nikeita

nikeita

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

There is something that i don't understand, how could you Attansic work without any kext?
Please provide kernel.log , YOURMAC.ioreg , smbios.plist and com.apple.Boot.plist and a dump from kextstats typed in terminal, to check the difference with mine.
And last thing, what bootloader are you using?
c'è qualcosa che non capisco, come può funzionarti Attansic senza nessun kext?
Perpiacere posta kernel.log , ILTUOMAC.ioreg , smbios.plist , com.apple.Boot.plist e un dump da kextstats scritto in terminal, per verificare le differenze con i miei.
E un'ultima cosa, che bootloader usi?

Thank's to you for your report, I was thinking it was a bootloader problem before reading your post. ;)
Grazie a te per la segnalazione, pensavo fosse un problema di bootloader prima di leggere il tuo post.

i disabled Attansic in bios because the kext is not capable to resume after stadby ( with load/unload kext script sometime stop working alltogheter) i'm using a 3c509x pci nic card.
my bootloader is Chameleon-2.0-RC4-r684-bin

this is my kextstat:

Jupiter:~ user$ kextstat | grep -v com.apple

Index Refs Address Size Wired Name (Version) <Linked Against>
32 0 0x550eb000 0x4000 0x3000 org.netkas.fakesmc (2) <13 7 4 3>
104 0 0x5cec4000 0xd4000 0xd3000 com.vmware.kext.vmx86 (3.0.0) <11 5 4 3 1>
105 0 0x5c882000 0xc000 0xb000 com.vmware.kext.vmci (3.0.0) <5 4 3 1>
106 0 0x5c9e9000 0x6000 0x5000 com.vmware.kext.vmioplug (3.0.0) <33 29 5 4 3 1>
107 0 0x5c9ef000 0xa000 0x9000 com.vmware.kext.vmnet (3.0.0) <5 4 3 1>
Jupiter:~ user$

how to produce ioreg? also u need the entire kernel.log?
bye

follow are plist files you requested me.
Attached File  new.zip   1.1KB   5 downloads

ps.

removing voodoopowermini.kext now CPU temp is 20 more cool ( @3.0 Ghz now idle at 58, before was 80 !!)
:)

bbeepp

bbeepp

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

removing voodoopowermini.kext now CPU temp is 20� more cool ( @3.0 Ghz now idle at 58�, before was 80� !!)
;)

Mine CPU at idle is around 40 degrees. Maybe you should invest in some better cooler :)

nikeita

nikeita

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Mine CPU at idle is around 40 degrees. Maybe you should invest in some better cooler :)

yes, sure ;)

speedstep and shutdown/restart work for you with scrax DSDT ?

scrax

scrax

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,704 posts
Attenzione: Nuovo kext per JMicron con il Legacy incluso, quindi riduciamo di un'altro kext i kext in uso ;)
Attention: New kext for JMicron with the Legacy one included, so we don't need another kext anymore :P
Attached File  JMicronATA.kext4JMB363.zip   48.14KB   22 downloads
Altro kext con Legacy integrato per l'audio e avvio più veloce / Another kext with Legacy integrated for audio and quick boot
Attached File  AppleHDA.kext4P5K_P5KC_P5KR.zip   1.26MB   431 downloads
Per installarli usate kext helper b7 dopo aver cancellato /System/Library/Extensions/LegacyJMB36xSATA.kext e LegacyHDAPlatformDriver.kext che è finalmente inutile dopo l'integrazione nel jmicronATA e in AppleHDA
To install use kext helper b7 after deleting /System/Library/Extensions/LegacyJMB36xSATA.kext and LegacyHDAPlatformDriver.kext that are not needed anymore with the integration in JMicronATA and in AppleHDA

how to produce ioreg? also u need the entire kernel.log?
bye

Your plist are ok, i need just your last boot logged in kernel log
to the last line just after loged in

the ioreg with DSDTSE "Reg Info" if i don't remember wrong opens IORegistryExplore fron there you can save it.

Are you sure that now speed step isn't working natively?

Grazie :D Sono riuscito a farlo nel pc di un mio amico :D Nel mio ho ancora qualche problema XD

Se la tua mobo ha bisogno di un bios moddato 99% puoi usare un dsdt.aml corretto per non flashare il bios, potresti chiedere a qualcuno che usa il bios modificato di passarti il loro dsdt che possono estrarre con DSDTSE.

bbeepp

bbeepp

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

speedstep and shutdown/restart work for you with scrax DSDT ?

Everything works fine on my primary system but yesterday shutdown stopped working :/ thats strange.

On my other disk where I installed test system (snow 10.6.2) shutdown works with the latest Scrax dsdt file.
On both systems I'm using official Chameleon RC4 with fakesmc, LegacyAppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver, LegacyHDAPlatformDriver and OSXRestart kexts installed in E/E.

I have to investigate ;)

scrax

scrax

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,704 posts

Everything works fine on my primary system but yesterday shutdown stopped working :/ thats strange.

On my other disk where I installed test system (snow 10.6.2) shutdown works with the latest Scrax dsdt file.
On both systems I'm using official Chameleon RC4 with fakesmc, LegacyAppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver, LegacyHDAPlatformDriver and OSXRestart kexts installed in E/E.

I have to investigate ;)

LegacyHDAHardwareConfigDriver is probably not needed, try without to se if audio still works.
Also with the recursor patched RC4 (or the "not yet released" RC5) you can avoid also OSXRestart

I'm using now (all kext in S/L/E)

for system boot and no KP error etc.
/Extra/dsdt.aml (based on the one for P5K Pro by MasterChief with a lot of mods for P5K)
/Extra/smbios.plist (with MacPro3,1 as model ID other code is not important)
/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist (just for 32bit boot and nothing more)
/S/L/E/fakesmc.kext

for correct jmicron identification (Pata and Sata)
/S/L/E/JMicronATA.kext (the one in the previous topic that i've modified)

for audio (there is something also in dsdt related to this)
/S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext (slimmed by MasterChief and completed with LegacyHDAPlatformDriver code)

for AttansicL1Ethernet (need to reload the kext after sleep)
/S/L/E/AttansicL1Ethernet.kext

nikeita

nikeita

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Are you sure that now speed step isn't working natively?

I use CPU-X to follow frequency change, now is fixed ( with voodoopowermini freq. change)

follow files you requested:
Attached File  kernel_ioreg.zip   444.69KB   5 downloads

p.s. any chance to remove natit.kext for my ATI card?

scrax

scrax

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,704 posts

I use CPU-X to follow frequency change, now is fixed ( with voodoopowermini freq. change)

follow files you requested:
Attached File  kernel_ioreg.zip   444.69KB   5 downloads

p.s. any chance to remove natit.kext for my ATI card?

I'm on it, at a first look there is something wrong inthe sata section of the dsdt
CPU-X is not reliable, try i-mark.
For ATI card I don't have any experience and so I can't help the only thing I could think is an EFI string generated by OSXtools but if it's supported.

EDIT: I've found here a topic about how to convert yout natit enabled gfxcard in an EFI string to use instead of the natit.kext

bbeepp

bbeepp

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

LegacyHDAHardwareConfigDriver is probably not needed, try without to se if audio still works.
Also with the recursor patched RC4 (or the "not yet released" RC5) you can avoid also OSXRestart

With LegacyHDAHardwareConfigDriver I have no errors a stertup :blink: and I know there is "not yet released" RC5 but I'll wait for a final release.
btw. I'm using system in 64 bit mode

for system boot and no KP error etc.
/Extra/dsdt.aml (based on the one for P5K Pro by MasterChief with a lot of mods for P5K)
/Extra/smbios.plist (with MacPro3,1 as model ID other code is not important)
/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist (just for 32bit boot and nothing more)
/S/L/E/fakesmc.kext

Don't you use com.apple.Boot.plist in /Extra?

scrax

scrax

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,704 posts

With LegacyHDAHardwareConfigDriver I have no errors a stertup :) and I know there is "not yet released" RC5 but I'll wait for a final release.
btw. I'm using system in 64 bit mode

Good to know, I'm in 32bit just to have a more Apple like Hack

Don't you use com.apple.Boot.plist in /Extra?

I'm trying to remove all the /Extra stuff to speed up the boot process, and so now the only thing I need in c.a.B.p is arch=32

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy