first, what's not, so don't
- install on partition 5 , install on first partition 1
- install from desktop, over esata pci card, over esata dock
- install, over slim bay, disk, since it's using a jmicron,...
- install hazard, with 10.6.2,...
- update after hazard 10.6.2 , just safari,... failed
- skip the 1.2gb+ printer drivers for now,... install later,...
- have keyboard, and usb mouse handy,...touchpad and keyboard did not work initial,...
- might need to remove *MCE* kext and rebuild cache
- might need netkas 10.6.2 sleepenabler
- create new user first at initial, different name from you existing,... so you can transfere/migrate easier.
- do a partition backup for major steps, ccc is your friend
- use bigger than 20GB partition, thats what I used on my SSD, but with sleepimage, not much left 3.4gb
so 24gb+,...if you have room do 32GB,...
thanks! big thanks for everybody posting! nah, noch nen riesen Danke Schoen fuer das efi. echt klasse.
- 10.6.2 combo update,... need to backup first,...
- get it running in 64bit mode,... for the VM
- test , battery life ?
- test buildin bluetooth
- touchpad, multi-touch ? if possible
- test dual monitor, e-docking
- test firewire/ esata card in slot
- test display port
- transfere apps and user data
hmm, initial install was on 32GB,... and cc did a block level,... but my SSD is small,.. so want to put it on 24GB,...
- get desktop up and running
- SD port
- runs on i386 aka 32bit,... still want to go 64bit
- shutdown/restart is not clean.... not working
- gigabit port works
- draft-n works
couple more do's and don't
got thrown for a loop,... after migration wizard,... with vmware and kernel panic.
so don't use migration wizard
did have Users on 2nd partition, that way it does not affect the 1st install,..
but forgot to write down, the user uuid,... recommend keeping it, including user group
did an combo 10.6.2 with netkas sleepenabler,...
did an soft update, with bonjour, safari, java, etc,... runs kinda ok.
bluetooth on right side switch, has to be on,... does not pair automatic,...
shutdown restart, not working, not clean,
lid sleep not working,... like to get that fixed need some pointers,..
iphone sync,.... disabled, cann not be enabled, ?!? what to do now ?
how to enable isync ?
did try without i386,... but that failed miserably,
time to look at all the kexts needed to run in 64bit,...
and make them compatible, probably need a bunch of developer stuff,... but I'am not a software guy
need to revisist the voodops2 touchpad option,... be nice to have scroll work,...
send me some links, pointers, or what you got working, keyboard, touchpad,
also don't know, if the euro keyboard, would make it flunk
please post, I don't bite, just on osx-hollic,