dsdt patching failed for hp mini 110-1125nr

wonslung

7 posts in this topic

Hello, i just got an hp mini 110 1125nr It seems the only osx i can get to install on it is iDeneb 1.3 10.5.5

I've been tryign to follow the guide http://osxhpmini.info/os-x-install-guide/ which is for the mini 110 but the dsdt patch keeps failing. I've tried both the gui patcher and the non gui patcher....it ends with a TON of errors.

How do i go about fixing this?

It seems that it's causing my upgrade to fail (i can get 10.5.5 on there but when i try to upgrade to 10.5.8 it won't work)

any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello, i just got an hp mini 110 1125nr It seems the only osx i can get to install on it is iDeneb 1.3 10.5.5

I've been tryign to follow the guide http://osxhpmini.info/os-x-install-guide/ which is for the mini 110 but the dsdt patch keeps failing. I've tried both the gui patcher and the non gui patcher....it ends with a TON of errors.

How do i go about fixing this?

It seems that it's causing my upgrade to fail (i can get 10.5.5 on there but when i try to upgrade to 10.5.8 it won't work)

any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

I am following the same guide, and have also tried many patchers, and all fail. Still stuck with 10.5.5 on a HP Mini 110-1100 CTO.

I am following the same guide, and have also tried many patchers, and all fail. Still stuck with 10.5.5 on a HP Mini 110-1100 CTO.

i ended up getting it to work. I had to make a custom dsdt by hand.

i posted it at myhpmini in the forums....hold on let me find the link

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=06025d2...2d0568e5b24962e

you can test if it works for you by putting it in / (root)

then do this:

cp /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist-old

then

sudo nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

changing cpus=1 -f to cpus=2 -v

then reboot

if it boots, then the file worked for you too and you can install 10.5.8

also, you're now using hyperthreading and you should be happy =)

if it doesn't boot, then you need to restore the old /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist by booting into ideneb, going to utilities, terminal then browsing to

/Volumes/YOURDRIVE/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/

and moving the backup over the current com.apple.Boot.plist

edit:

Also, if you can get an older bios on your machine, it will patch on it's own. They didn't make the bios for my machine which is why i had to do it this way. I've given this file to other 110 owners and they've had success with it.

• 4 weeks later...

then do this:

cp /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist-old

then

then reboot

if it doesn't boot, then you need to restore the old /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist by booting into ideneb, going to utilities, terminal then browsing to

edit:

Also, if you can get an older bios on your machine, it will patch on it's own. They didn't make the bios for my machine which is why i had to do it this way. I've given this file to other 110 owners and they've had success with it.

Anyway to know why I can't switch to 2 CPU using terminal. My Mini 110-1135TU keep restarting. Thanks

Anyway to know why I can't switch to 2 CPU using terminal. My Mini 110-1135TU keep restarting. Thanks

did you apply the dsdt file?

if so and it keeps restarting then it may not work for your model. Which will mean you will have to patch your own dsdt or do it by hand

• 4 weeks later...

then do this:

then

then reboot

edit:

This worked for me to get to 10.5.8, but after apply the .aml i loose bluetooth and screen brightness control, is there any any to retain that? I tired going to bios f.06 and almost bricked my laptop because it doesn't supported the wifi and wwan cards. I had to take it apart and remove the card and flash f.16 back. My laptop came with f.18 which I can't flash back to as HP doesn't have it on their site.

What can I do to get 10.5.8 to work? I have the HD display which doesn't work right in 10.5.5, doesn't show the other resoluions. As I understand it I can't install the needed kext without 10.5.8. I didn't like taking apart a 1 week old laptop, maybe somewhere should be noted if you have a newer windows 7 mini 110 not to flash less then f.16. I wish i could put f.18 back.

Anyways, if I used your aml i am able to get to 10.5.8 without brightness control and bluetooth but the dsdt patcher ran in 10.5.8, just not 10.5.5. Is there a way to get full resolution and the better trackpad drivers in 10.5.5 if I can't get 10.5.8, what are people with newer mini doing?

Thanks for the help, I didn't a lot of research before buying a netbook to get one that would run osx.

-William

EDIT: I realized that the bluetooth stoped working when I installed the kext from the guide that gets most things working such as wifi.

• 4 years later...