Numlock and Qwerty?

lotech

5 posts in this topic

Ok, love the remapper program, its awesome, but I'm cursing when using a normal keyboard and the number pad doesn't work as I had hoped. When I enable numlock all my letter keys on the keyboard become the number pad - which would be fine on the laptop KB but not on the full KB with seperate Numpad.

I've tried messing with the settings of inputremapper but the config panel is confusing at best (I know there will be a gui one day) and nothing there seems to enable a seperate num pad.

Of course they all work flawlessly in OSX but I'm working in windows 95% of the time for my work.

I was thinking disabling the onboard keyboard in device managed would solve it but you can't disable a keyboard it would seem. Is there any possibilities in adding/solving the numlock issue?

I was thinking disabling the onboard keyboard in device managed would solve it but you can't disable a keyboard it would seem. Is there any possibilities in adding/solving the numlock issue?

When using an external keybaord you can stop the Input Remapper service. In the future I'm planning on adding support for different remappings for different keyboards. This will be possible with the keyboard/mouse filter driver I'm working on.

Cool, found the service and stopped when I'm at work.

Even if you could clock on the inputremapper icon on the taskbar to enable/disable the service that would solve the problem. Different keymaps would be good but enable/disable would almost be as useful, and no doubt easier for you to include.

Thanks again

• 3 weeks later...