[How To] Custom BIOS Logo

U.C.

72 posts in this topic

For people who have windows and a ASUS board, you can simply use the flash utility that allows to change the boot picture and you can even change edit sounds but I don't remember the program's name

I haven't got mine yet but I'll be getting the ASUS P5LD2-VM and was totally stoked to hear that the BIOS can be flashed. I'll post my finding later once I do it.

Uhhh.. I have Win X64, so I cant run the program, can someone PLEASE do it for me? I want the apple logo, the new one... Ill attach my BIOS.

Here it is modified like mine with Apple logo like the intel macs.. Enjoy use at yer own risk though cause I cant test.. everything shows fine though.. :)

NF4LD406MAC.zip

Thanks. Uhh I bet u to it by like 6 seconds, used VMware. lol. Thanks yway for the effort

OK.. Well At first I was about to run screaming with a knife to the guy that made this post, butttt, I yanked my ram, put it back in, and now it works, WITH the Apple logo.. Add me to the awesome list!

Thanks for the great tut BTW.

So it DOES work on a DFI LanParty NF4 SLi-DR

Sorry I didnt reply for such a long time. I thought the thread was dead. Neway great to hear that yall got Custom Logos. BTW if u need my attn coz u hosed ur bios, PM me. I hosed mine twice :). The archive link seems to be fine. If it dont work, again PM me. I will Rapidshare it.

BTW has ne one got 1024 to worl yet. Let my old A7N8XE come back from ASUS. I will give it a try then. Techinically should work.

As for start up sound, some ASUS boards support a POST Reporter, which tells you why ur system is f*cked. Anyway now when the BIOS finishes POSTing, it says a weird message. If instead of this message, you put in the Apple Sound..........Imagine the possibilities. Why cant my AMD 2100 run OSX. Startup Sound and LOGO would have been perfect. Also some guy was making a H/W based solution for that.

What, I didnt quite get u. U need to extract the archive, and use the /d command on CBROM.exe.

CBROM215.EXE Bios.bin /D

Also do a CBROM215.EXE /? ,for help. What do u mean ur processor speeds up??

Yeah I did that but with my .bio file from intel since they dont offer a .bin file. The fan of the proccesor speeds up while the screen just displays a blinking cursor. I know its possible on the intel bios since on my last flash they changed the logo.

• 3 weeks later...

same here,

no probs on an msi k8neo4 amd 939 board. just had to rename the logo.bmp to the

filename.bmp as shown in the bios after running that cmd /d thing.

Only thing I would like to eliminate now are the commandlines between the two logo-screens :turbin:

And for the startup sound:

I thik there must be some kind of easy solution, that some cheap device plays a sample, when you turn on the puter.

This is already possible with Asus boards. If you turn the speech notification on

instead of the bios beep codes, you can configure it, to always play a sound if you

turn on the PC. And just more: afaik it is possible to upload your own .wav soundfile

( 8-bit or something).

:)

Hello, This project interests me, but i don't have a award bios or any of the other ones mentioned. I have and intel D865GLC motherboard. I've done some preliminary googling, and it looks like Intel has a program to do this with. I will try it out and let everyone know my results :) wish me luck

• 4 months later...

for those of you with wide screens here is a 640*480 16/10 aspect ratio BMP/8bit logo which works fine with my Gigabyte mobo (gigabyte provides an easy BIOS modding tool : facewizard, don't know if it works on other Award bios based mobo)

logo2.bmp

here is also the 16/10 Intel boot logo I'm using now (white Apple on black background + intel logo)

I hope you guys like these logos. They are pretty simple yet looking nice IMHO

All these logo are 640x480@8bit BMP, cbrom.exe compliant for Award/Phenix Bios.

now, CBROM for dummies :

check with your mobo's vendor / bios revision for compatible CBROM version, find suitable version CBROM.EXE on google and download.

in Windows, run CMD and CD to your CBROM directory, where you also copied your BIOS file to flash and the logo you want to use.

command to add your logo to your bios with CBROM is :

CBROM.EXE biosfile.rom /logo logofile.bmp

biosfile.rom is the bios you dumped from your mobo, or any bios you want to use with your mobo, so change it to the name of your bios file...

/logo is the cbrom switch to add BMP 640x480@8bit logo to bios file

logofile.bmp is your logo, so change it to the name of logo file you want to add in your bios file !

concrete example for my intel mobo :

CBROM.EXE 945gms2.f3 /logo intellogo.bmp

now you can flash the new bios file to your mobo and enjoy your logo.

beware that CBROM overwrites your bios file, so a make backup of it before modding it...

intellogo_16x10.bmp

Edited by gotoh