Patched RTL 8187B USB WLAN Adapter

Nikola22

32 posts in this topic

Hi, ive got iAtkos S3 v2 SL 10.6.3 and my problem is that when i try to turn on the Realtek WLAN Utility Client it straight turning off : / And in console it shows me error code 250 exited ;/ I try everything repairing permissions etc. I try to change that number 33161 to 33175 and i try both versions for 10.5 and 10.4 from realtek sites and patched ones aswell. On the bottom of my laptop toshiba equium a200 1v0 it says that i have rt8187b. before when i was on 10.5.6 everything was working on same kext. but not know :/ Can anyone had same issue with it ? And can help me. Have any solution. Blue Crab just showing for a second and going of again. And blue crab even dont starts when its on start up. Everything else is working fine.

edit: Problem solved :) I was playing with it more than 3 days and solved it with welshboy post help :) MANY THANKS for WELSHBOY, and yes card is working on 10.6.3 :D

• 1 month later...
Right, well. Ive beent rying for days to get everything working, and ive tried every method possible, i finally stumbled upon a solution in this thread, which is ddiscussed but not in detail. So here it is.

I started from a fresh RETAIL mac install of Snow Leopard (So yeah this works with 10.6). I then downloaded the latest driver on the realtek website, which was the rtl8187b for mac 10.5. I installed the driver, then i downloaded the modified kext in this thread. I opened it and viewd contents, then i went to the info.plist and opened that. I searched for the string 33161 and changed it to 33175, pressed save and using kexthelper i installed it. Once it was installed i had a popup saying please enable WLAN device. I re-started the pc and then opened the realtek wlan utility. It worked and i could connect to my secured network at my house. I set up a profile to auto-connect on startup and this is what im writing this message on (My Hackingtosh (retail disk) on my Tosiba Equium A200)

Thanks to the people in this thread that helped me solve my problem. Hopefully this will help many others with the same issues.

Right, well. Ive beent rying for days to get everything working, and ive tried every method possible, i finally stumbled upon a solution in this thread, which is ddiscussed but not in detail. So here it is.

I started from a fresh RETAIL mac install of Snow Leopard (So yeah this works with 10.6). I then downloaded the latest driver on the realtek website, which was the rtl8187b for mac 10.5. I installed the driver, then i downloaded the modified kext in this thread. I opened it and viewd contents, then i went to the info.plist and opened that. I searched for the string 33161 and changed it to 33175, pressed save and using kexthelper i installed it. Once it was installed i had a popup saying please enable WLAN device. I re-started the pc and then opened the realtek wlan utility. It worked and i could connect to my secured network at my house. I set up a profile to auto-connect on startup and this is what im writing this message on (My Hackingtosh (retail disk) on my Tosiba Equium A200)

Thanks to the people in this thread that helped me solve my problem. Hopefully this will help many others with the same issues.

i tried doing exactly what you said although i cannot find the "33161" that you stated, do you think u could help?

Thanks!

Hi, ive got iAtkos S3 v2 SL 10.6.3 and my problem is that when i try to turn on the Realtek WLAN Utility Client it straight turning off : / And in console it shows me error code 250 exited ;/ I try everything repairing permissions etc. I try to change that number 33161 to 33175 and i try both versions for 10.5 and 10.4 from realtek sites and patched ones aswell. On the bottom of my laptop toshiba equium a200 1v0 it says that i have rt8187b. before when i was on 10.5.6 everything was working on same kext. but not know :/ Can anyone had same issue with it ? And can help me. Have any solution. Blue Crab just showing for a second and going of again. And blue crab even dont starts when its on start up. Everything else is working fine.

edit: Problem solved :rolleyes: I was playing with it more than 3 days and solved it with welshboy post help :P MANY THANKS for WELSHBOY, and yes card is working on 10.6.3 :)

do you think u could tell me what you did? i have the exact same problem.

Thx!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Like... I've got a huge problem. The utility completely stopped working.

I've got the patched IOUSBFamily from this thread...

My device isn't detected on system info, yet it is detected in the system info of the iAtkos DVD.

The product ID in dec is 33175.

I've installed both RTL8187Bl and RTL8187Bt, properly patched and none of them work. The utility simply bounces non stop.

It was working before. Then on a boot it stopped working and I decided to reinstall the whole system in order to upgrade to 10.6.6...

But now, trying to install the driver it simply won't work. I didn't even upgrade yet, working on 10.6.3...

Really what should I do? =S

Edit: It just got recognized on system profile. I disabled the USB Legacy Support on bios...

But I can't still get the driver to work!

• 5 weeks later...
Like... I've got a huge problem. The utility completely stopped working.

I've got the patched IOUSBFamily from this thread...

My device isn't detected on system info, yet it is detected in the system info of the iAtkos DVD.

The product ID in dec is 33175.

I've installed both RTL8187Bl and RTL8187Bt, properly patched and none of them work. The utility simply bounces non stop.

It was working before. Then on a boot it stopped working and I decided to reinstall the whole system in order to upgrade to 10.6.6...

But now, trying to install the driver it simply won't work. I didn't even upgrade yet, working on 10.6.3...

Really what should I do? =S

Edit: It just got recognized on system profile. I disabled the USB Legacy Support on bios...

But I can't still get the driver to work!

When i start Leo my device wasn't in System Profile/USB.

I install IOUSBFamily and IOUSBMassStorage kext extract with Pacifier from Install DVD (iPC) and then reboot and Repair Disk Permission. After that In SytemProfile/USB there was a USB composite (Realtek card): it was recognized.

Then i remove RTL8187Bl and Bt from system/library/extensions and install the official driver

then restart

then remove RTL8187Btkext and install the patched one (with the string 33175) and Rapir Disk Permission

then try open RTL Wlan Client from Application and it worked

(Remember that there MUST be only RTL8187Bt.kext and not also the Bl one..)

• 6 months later...