New MacBook and windows 7

chisss

9 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I am a noob at OSX and I bought the new MacBook yesterday, I installed Windows 7 32-bit and after the installation I put the OSX disc and installed drivers but the only one that does not install is the Wireless card.

Any thoughts?

Thats strange; I have the new MacBook Pro and it works fine for me. I wonder if that is what Apple talked about when it said Windows 7 is not yet fully supported; you may be able to find out what card it is and then find the windows drivers through some other means.

Hello all,

I am a noob at OSX and I bought the new MacBook yesterday, I installed Windows 7 32-bit and after the installation I put the OSX disc and installed drivers but the only one that does not install is the Wireless card.

Any thoughts?

What version of Boot Camp and OS X are you using?

The version of Boot Camp that ships with Leopard does not fully support Windows 7.

Boot Camp that is shipped with Snow Leopard will support Windows 7 on the MacBook.

I'm running Windows 7 on a 2007 MacBook with Snow Leopard installed.

The wireless network driver seems to be working just fine, as well as the trackpad

driver and so on.

Jeff

What version of Boot Camp and OS X are you using?

The version of Boot Camp that ships with Leopard does not fully support Windows 7.

Boot Camp that is shipped with Snow Leopard will support Windows 7 on the MacBook.

I'm running Windows 7 on a 2007 MacBook with Snow Leopard installed.

The wireless network driver seems to be working just fine, as well as the trackpad

driver and so on.

Jeff

I think they changed the wireless network adapter for the new (Oct 2009) MacBook. That's the one I have. It comes with Snow Leopard.

I think this is a long shot but since there are no other options, maybe give it a try.

Try plugging the macbook pro to the internet using an ethernet cable. Boot to Windows 7 and try to run Windows update and check "optional install", see if there would be a wireless driver available. Install and see if it will work.

If not, go to device manager, check if there are yellow question (or exclamation) marks that is network related. Right click then properties to check the device id (in the details tab).

After getting those info, try to google the device id then add the word "driver" and if you'll find any. If you didn't find any, atleast know what manufacturer it carries, could be atheros or broadcom.

Try downloading the closest driver for those two and you might need to edit the .inf file to add your id.

This is what I did to my friends macbook pro (old model) because he did not have a retail dvd to install bootcamp drivers. I had no choice but to install drivers manually.

If it works, I can't promise that it is stable because it somewhat a modified driver. However, so far, his macbook pro (7 bootcamp) is still good.