any hope for ati 4770 driver-opinions please

cj95

30 posts in this topic

what happened with this video card? sorry I'm not much help , but i can test any driver if you want

Still testing. I have had moderate success getting OS X to recognize the card, but I'm still not able to get native resolutions. Netkas has a beta booter that properly identifies the card and its ports. Thats about as far as i am getting for now.

The card will attempt to initialize the display, but fails.

• 3 weeks later...
Still testing. I have had moderate success getting OS X to recognize the card, but I'm still not able to get native resolutions. Netkas has a beta booter that properly identifies the card and its ports. Thats about as far as i am getting for now.

The card will attempt to initialize the display, but fails.

any updates?

Will support improve with Apple's future updates(10.6.3)?

It sounds as though from this thread and the one on Netkas' site, that Danlor got to the same frustrating point as I did but the problem is, or one of the problems, is that so few people seem to be testing this card, even though many people have it.

You can have dozens of people testing, for instance in the case of the 4670, and it takes just one person to make an often accidental breakthrough discovery, with indirect third party help from the excellent Netkas. I will try again, next week. One thing that discourages me is reading the 4670 threads; most people who got their cards working are stuck with VGA rather than DVI.

• 6 months later...
HI Everyone, Mine 's WORKING, so I bring you a little hope. I use the ATI4800Controller, so you could search what working for you. Link to my topic:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=225753

Good on you for resurrecting this thread, I thought doing so myself and posting a link to your thread would be cheeky seeing as you are the mover and shaker in this one. :( 4770 users seem to be shy but, as can be seen from the viewing figures, they are out there. I am trying to lay my hands on a VGA cable having convinced myself they were trashable because I would never be using one again. Hmm!