any hope for ati 4770 driver-opinions please

cj95

30 posts in this topic

Hi,

The question is, if there will ever be supply for the 47XX series!?!

I think, one can forget resolutions up to 1024 with this card.

I bought one for the kids computer, as it is fast, cheap and does not consume to much power.

My question is, if there will ever be any kind of support for this cards?!

Cheers

if anyone wants to try 4770 out join IRC Channel #RadeonHD for testing just state that you want try it out
so it's being worked on??? if so this is sweet, thank u very much :P.. i don't have a pc right now... gonna buld one in 1 week.Actually all i need is a mobo.

:ninja:

Hello,

i am not familiar with irc. just downloaded and opened the channel RadeonHD, but I didn't see anyone else there.

I wanna join, i.e. test the hd 4770 on leopard.

U can reach me at pastrva(AT)gmail.com

cheers

PS: @lastExile

your PM box is full, so I had to add this as a post, that was intended to be a PM to u.

10.6.2 is here and we can officially talk about it, at last! I hope to try Netkas's suggestion by this weekend. Anyone tried it out yet? I noticed a link to beta booter under his announcement about 10.6.2 on the excellent man's site. :(

So someone tried the HD4770 on 10.6.2 with beta booter?

I thought the beta booter was for use before 10.6.2 was released. Didn't someone say that 4770 support was already included with 10.6.2? I'm really confused as to what exactly we're supposed to do to get this working besides adding our devid's to the 4600 kext.

I think the broad assumption is that it won't work - the 10.6.2 drivers being for 43xx/45xx/46xx - but worth trying.

Might be an idea to post your results on Netkas's 10.6.2 post on his site. Someone there called Zen suggested:-

"use beta booter, enabler GraphicsEnabler, add your device-id to ATI4600Controller.kext and test and report"

• 3 weeks later...

Working hard on testing this, but i'm not there yet. I have booter beta installed, and i have my devids in the 4600 kext. Yesterday, for a few hours I was getting a blank screen on my machine when booting. i believe i was close at that time. I'm still trying to figure out exactly how I did it.

I haven't tried again but it sounds, with the 4670 at least, that it helps to have something plugged into the HDMI port and to try each DVI port in turn. Below is the 4670 thread.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...40&start=40

Perhaps all my attempts fell short because I don't have any HDMI devices that I can plug into it while trying DVI or DVI-to-VGA. I will have another go over the weekend.