Apple Magic Mouse OSX86 - external bluetooth dongle

Dannydeman

453 posts in this topic

That seems to be the common behavior. I think we just need to wait it out and hope Apple updates their bluetooth drivers.

OK Thanks. You know whats so weird. I machine has been down the last couple days of a DATA hard drive failure. I just checked BT and "Allow to wake" is noto greyed out anymore... what the heck that's so weird...

Anyhow it's been working fine...

OK Thanks. You know whats so weird. I machine has been down the last couple days of a DATA hard drive failure. I just checked BT and "Allow to wake" is noto greyed out anymore... what the heck that's so weird...

Anyhow it's been working fine...

Yes it is strange. Out of curiosity did you do any software updates this week?

I just ask as my BT has been playing up for a couple of days with my BT dongle not waking up from sleep

I checked allow BT to wake and it slept and woke first time

Could be coincidence or fluke?

Yes it is strange. Out of curiosity did you do any software updates this week?

I just ask as my BT has been playing up for a couple of days with my BT dongle not waking up from sleep

I checked allow BT to wake and it slept and woke first time

Could be coincidence or fluke?

Hmmm you know I think I did do one update. I can't recall if I did more than one though. I had an update for Lexmark drivers showing, but I downloaded the update manually and installed it. Also now sure if I did that before or after tweaking the BT kext....

Sorry pretty vague I know!

BTW Wake from sleep is greyed out again in BT, I came home and started the computer.... Thats it.

Kdawg, No wake from sleep options for me with DBT-120 B4 and your legacy kext -- any ideas?
For some reason I get the same behavior. I can't this specific USB adapter to enable wake on bluetooth. I do know that the device should be using CSRUSBBluetoothHCIController.kext rather than the generic Apple one. Nothing I do will force this to happen. The D-Link one worked in Leopard 10.5 fine so it has to be something Apple did to the drivers.

I'm gonna buy Trust BT-2400P. Is it really supported and working with Magic Mouse? Which version should I buy?
I can't say that any USB adapter will provide full support. I'm waiting for 10.6.3 and a small miracle.

I can't say that any USB adapter will provide full support. I'm waiting for 10.6.3 and a small miracle.

Okay. Which one is best? Trust BT-2400P or D-Link DBT-120? I don't need to work sleep function, only works with Magic Mouse. I'm using 10.6.1

Okay. Which one is best? Trust BT-2400P or D-Link DBT-120? I don't need to work sleep function, only works with Magic Mouse. I'm using 10.6.1

How would you measure 'best'?

If you don't need wake from sleep then either work - this is the issue for most people here

virtually anything with a broadcom 2045 or 2046 chip seems to have basic working ability

I am hoping my BT will work as it does now in 10.6.3. Didn't these dongles get worse in 10.6 ...... compared to 10.5....

Hi all.

Well, I'm a happy owner of a Magic Mouse and an Apple Wireless Keyboard.

I gotta say that both are working so damn perfectly with my very generic bluetooth adapter. Everythings works, including sleep. Most of you can wake system up using keyboard, but I believe this is not possible using a BT one. Mine here doesn't work.

What I was asking myself is... my BT Adapter still blinking the light even when system is sleeping, what is a sign that it keeps powered even when sleeping, right? So, if it's powered, I should be able to wake system by the mouse or keyboard... what doesn't happen... so.. would anyone here have a clue on that?

My option in BT preferences are greyed too, so I can't set it up.

Here is my BT info from System Profiler.

post-223908-1264542800_thumb.png

post-223908-1264542827_thumb.png

Cheers,

bb.

I have an version of OSX running on my DELL laptop and it works with the internal bluetooth chip i have in it. Should this work fine with the magic mouse, or are there properties it needs that i dont know about.

Well, depends on what version of OSX you're using.

Here in my rig, I tried pairing my MM and Keyboard with Leopard 10.5.2 by Kalyway, and get error all the time. Of course, I didn't do any update to it... so I guess it's not that compatible...

I was reading in the box of the Keyboard, and there says that is better to use with 10.5.8 version.

I hope have helped you.

Cheers,

bb.

i am having problems and these have only been lately... had about a month of perfect working magic mouse with the trust dongle...

after roughly an hour the mouse sets itself to scroll right permanently any windows etc then screw up... vertical scroll doesn't work correctly or anything...

even if i disable the 2 finger scrolling to left and right it is still there...

would this be a problem with a faulty mouse or dongle??? or both...

if i put in my logitec mouse after the problem has started it continues....

has anyone got any idea what this could be???

i am having problems and these have only been lately... had about a month of perfect working magic mouse with the trust dongle...

after roughly an hour the mouse sets itself to scroll right permanently any windows etc then screw up... vertical scroll doesn't work correctly or anything...

even if i disable the 2 finger scrolling to left and right it is still there...

would this be a problem with a faulty mouse or dongle??? or both...

if i put in my logitec mouse after the problem has started it continues....

has anyone got any idea what this could be???

Well, I'm completely guessing, but maybe something related to any kexts you may used to put your logitech mouse to work.

Here, before I had to reinstall OSX I had installed the MS files for mouse and keyboard and I could realize that MM and Wireless Keyboard has a strange behave... it didn't left my MM and keyboard as it should... then, my system went down, had to reinstalll OSX, and this time, didn't install anything for the MS mouse and keyboard... installed the MM and Keyboard wireless from Apple and since this time, it's working correctly... no issues...

Try uninstalling any kexts or apps that could be related to your Logitech hardware. Could be this.

Cheers,

bb.

Well, I'm completely guessing, but maybe something related to any kexts you may used to put your logitech mouse to work.

Here, before I had to reinstall OSX I had installed the MS files for mouse and keyboard and I could realize that MM and Wireless Keyboard has a strange behave... it didn't left my MM and keyboard as it should... then, my system went down, had to reinstalll OSX, and this time, didn't install anything for the MS mouse and keyboard... installed the MM and Keyboard wireless from Apple and since this time, it's working correctly... no issues...

Try uninstalling any kexts or apps that could be related to your Logitech hardware. Could be this.

Cheers,

bb.

i have no kexts for mouse... only have 5 in total...

screencapture1.png

hmmm kept experimenting all day... attached the mm to my air and left it on for 10 hours or so... seems no problem there at all... had the logitech attached to the hackintosh all that time... reconnected the mm to the hackintosh and suddenly the problem appears again... so it seems that time of the hackintosh on is the problem... fine for a while when you reboot...

so its either a faulty dongle or some thing very weird since it worked fine for a about 2 months....

any ideas???

i have no kexts for mouse... only have 5 in total...

hmmm kept experimenting all day... attached the mm to my air and left it on for 10 hours or so... seems no problem there at all... had the logitech attached to the hackintosh all that time... reconnected the mm to the hackintosh and suddenly the problem appears again... so it seems that time of the hackintosh on is the problem... fine for a while when you reboot...

so its either a faulty dongle or some thing very weird since it worked fine for a about 2 months....

any ideas???

Occasionally but not often my MM loses its tracking (as seen in the log files). I just pull the dongle out, wait a minute

before putting it back. Usually OK after a minute or so. My money is on buggy drivers - well it is new!

Hi all.

Well, I'm a happy owner of a Magic Mouse and an Apple Wireless Keyboard.

I gotta say that both are working so damn perfectly with my very generic bluetooth adapter. Everythings works, including sleep. Most of you can wake system up using keyboard, but I believe this is not possible using a BT one. Mine here doesn't work.

What I was asking myself is... my BT Adapter still blinking the light even when system is sleeping, what is a sign that it keeps powered even when sleeping, right? So, if it's powered, I should be able to wake system by the mouse or keyboard... what doesn't happen... so.. would anyone here have a clue on that?

My option in BT preferences are greyed too, so I can't set it up.

Cheers,

bb.

I'd never really looked before so I just tried an expt. I'm sure my adapter also blinks when idle sleeping. Normally

I turn allow BT to wake off as I find that the computer wakes up straight away every time it tries to sleep.

I can use software sleep via the apple menu with BT wake ON, so when I manually send the computer to sleep

the adapter light is OFF, if I click the mouse then it wakes and the adapter starts to flash.

I do notice that when I do this that the mouse is useable straight after wake (with BT wake ON), but if I switch off

BT wake then I have to wait a few seconds to use the mouse after waking

Occasionally but not often my MM loses its tracking (as seen in the log files). I just pull the dongle out, wait a minute

before putting it back. Usually OK after a minute or so. My money is on buggy drivers - well it is new!

I'd never really looked before so I just tried an expt. I'm sure my adapter also blinks when idle sleeping. Normally

I turn allow BT to wake off as I find that the computer wakes up straight away every time it tries to sleep.

I can use software sleep via the apple menu with BT wake ON, so when I manually send the computer to sleep

the adapter light is OFF, if I click the mouse then it wakes and the adapter starts to flash.

I do notice that when I do this that the mouse is useable straight after wake (with BT wake ON), but if I switch off

BT wake then I have to wait a few seconds to use the mouse after waking

Hi mate.

Could you enable the BT option for allowing BT to wake the computer with the BT dongle by Trust?

My generic dongle here doesn't me allow to enable this option.

I already ordered my new dongle from Trust, but didn't arrive yet.

Maybe this dongle by Trust it's better then the others. Here with my generic I have all the functions working damn fine.

Cheers,

bb.

the pull of the dongle seems to make no difference at all... this is really beginning to annoy me... been on computer now for an hour and the problem jumps up...

hmmm can anyone help... it is using all the battery power in my mouse as it is essentially continually scrolling...

Hi mate.

Could you enable the BT option for allowing BT to wake the computer with the BT dongle by Trust?

My generic dongle here doesn't me allow to enable this option.

I already ordered my new dongle from Trust, but didn't arrive yet.

Maybe this dongle by Trust it's better then the others. Here with my generic I have all the functions working damn fine.

Cheers,

bb.

Yes the wake using BT works, unfortunately it also stops the computer sleeping properly

So, you either have to turn it off, sleep the computer manually, fix it somehow, or wait to see what 10.6.3 brings

the pull of the dongle seems to make no difference at all... this is really beginning to annoy me... been on computer now for an hour and the problem jumps up...

hmmm can anyone help... it is using all the battery power in my mouse as it is essentially continually scrolling...

Sorry, but no idea. I don't have that problem

Suppose you could try deleting it (using another mouse if necessary) and try finding, connecting/pairing afresh?

Take the batteries out of the mouse for a few mins?

Yes the wake using BT works, unfortunately it also stops the computer sleeping properly

So, you either have to turn it off, sleep the computer manually, fix it somehow, or wait to see what 10.6.3 brings

Well mate, here, with my generic BT dongle, the option that could allow waking up from bluetooth is grey, so, not enabled. It's really bad.

I already ordered the dongle from Trust, but will take sometime to arrive. :rolleyes: Just after that I'll be able to test if this option will be able to be checked in System Preferences.

EDIT - Entry 1

Does anyone here feels that battery from Magic Mouse is lowering charge a little bit fast? Mine here seems to consume battery a lot. I replaced the original energizer batteries for new Duracell Power pix and my mouse is already showing 64% of charge in less than 20 days of use. Is that right?

Cheers,

bb.

Well mate, here, with my generic BT dongle, the option that could allow waking up from bluetooth is grey, so, not enabled. It's really bad.

I already ordered the dongle from Trust, but will take sometime to arrive. -_- Just after that I'll be able to test if this option will be able to be checked in System Preferences.

EDIT - Entry 1

Does anyone here feels that battery from Magic Mouse is lowering charge a little bit fast? Mine here seems to consume battery a lot. I replaced the original energizer batteries for new Duracell Power pix and my mouse is already showing 64% of charge in less than 20 days of use. Is that right?

Cheers,

bb.

Yes my batteries drain faster than I would expect

Seems to be a common issue with a lot of people according to the internet

I also read somewhere that it lies, ie if you take the batteries out and replace them with others then take

the new ones out and replace them with the originals then the charge reading goes up.

I did try this by just taking the batteries out for a minute then putting them back, it seemed to hold

water but I could be mistaken

I just buy the very cheapest I can (about 4 for less than a £ - can't be bothered using re-chargeables)

Yes my batteries drain faster than I would expect

Seems to be a common issue with a lot of people according to the internet

I also read somewhere that it lies, ie if you take the batteries out and replace them with others then take

the new ones out and replace them with the originals then the charge reading goes up.

I did try this by just taking the batteries out for a minute then putting them back, it seemed to hold

water but I could be mistaken

I just buy the very cheapest I can (about 4 for less than a £ - can't be bothered using re-chargeables)

The solution I found to have batteries a little bit saver when not using the computer is to turn appliances off.

Maybe some rechargeable batteries with more than 4000 Mha works better.

What is stranger for me is that my Apple Wireless Keyboard is showing that batteries is 100% full. I believe this is a sign that keyboard is working perfectly.

Cheers,

bb.