Netkas PC EFI v10.5

Onixs

33 posts in this topic

PC EFI v10.5

New in release:

• Automatic detection of pci root uid value(for GraphicsEnabler and ethernetbuiltin options) based on parsing DSDT.aml file (if you dont use custom DSDT.aml, you will need to use -pci1 flag in case you have uid=1) . If booter fails to detect it or you dont have _UID property in pci root(in dsdt) then UID=0 used by default, but, if you have UID=1 and booter fails to detect it, use -pci1 boot flag. Uid detection works really well in most cases.

• Added aserebln's patch for better cpu type detection, for example I dont need to add SMcputype key anymore

• Better handling of pci slot names if nvidia card present

PC_EFIv10.5.zip

Any suggestions for a newbie to perform the update to PC EFI v10.5?

My SL is working great on my two year old build. I used this guide:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...186065&st=0

The guide was so good and automatic, I have no idea how to upgrade.

Thanks for considering.

use the app from Blackosx's guide to reveal the "boot" file. Save it as a back up just in case. Then, with Finder just drop the new "boot" file, copy over it.

I just updated to this from PC EFI 10.4, and now it says (in about this mac/system profiler) that I have a quad-core Xeon, is this a big deal and how can I fix it?

That's actually a good thing. Apple never built a Mac with a "Core 2 Quad", but they did build Mac Pro models with the very similar "Quad core Xeon". So as far as any software installers are concerned, you're on a real Mac Pro! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
PC EFI v10.5

New in release:

• Automatic detection of pci root uid value(for GraphicsEnabler and ethernetbuiltin options) based on parsing DSDT.aml file (if you dont use custom DSDT.aml, you will need to use -pci1 flag in case you have uid=1) . If booter fails to detect it or you dont have _UID property in pci root(in dsdt) then UID=0 used by default, but, if you have UID=1 and booter fails to detect it, use -pci1 boot flag. Uid detection works really well in most cases.
  • Added aserebln's patch for better cpu type detection, for example I dont need to add SMcputype key anymore
  • Better handling of pci slot names if nvidia card present

PC_EFIv10.5.zip

Hi,

I have an Asus P5 W dh and would like to update the bios to be able to install snow leopard.

Can someone tell me how to update the bios? I just dowloaded PC_EFIv10.5, but I don't know how to work after this... Just for info, my computer has no floppy...

Thanks in advance,

F

That's actually a good thing. Apple never built a Mac with a "Core 2 Quad", but they did build Mac Pro models with the very similar "Quad core Xeon". So as far as any software installers are concerned, you're on a real Mac Pro! :)

Would you please tell me how to install this boot to my hacintosh, I try to use terminal but no go. thanks in advance.

Would you please tell me how to install this boot to my hacintosh, I try to use terminal but no go. thanks in advance.

As long you have the latest chameleon allready installed all you have to do is:

1. open terminal

2. navigate to the directory where you unpacked the zip file

3. sudo cp boot / (This copies the boot file to the root directory)

4. Reboot.

As long you have the latest chameleon allready installed all you have to do is:

1. open terminal

2. navigate to the directory where you unpacked the zip file

3. sudo cp boot / (This copies the boot file to the root directory)

4. Reboot.

Thank you for your quick respond, but how do i navigate ?. let say i have it unpack to my desktop for example. sorry for being so ignorant.

Type "sudo cp " first, then drag "boot" from desktop to the terminal. Finally, add "/"

easyiest way to navigate in terminal is to type cd (for change directory) and then drag and drop the directory on terminal.

works with files too, i always use this to install kexts

Thank you so much for both Bruce and eject for your hint.

@frenchinmunic

it sounds you are a little new here,

updating the bios isnt necessairy for running SL, but a patched DSDT Table can be helpful, but even this is not said to be a must.

In all cases a DSDT.aml file is necessairy for running PCEfi v 10, which offers the most uptodate way to run SL.

Updating the bios is done from the Winowsside, Asus has a tool therefore on their website.