ATI 4670

br492

48 posts in this topic

Maybe there is good news for those with the above graphics card.

Just read (macrumors) something about new imac with these specs(?) : MC413LL/A - IMAC 21.5"/3.06/2x2GB/1TB/4670-256MB-USA

Let us see if there is indeed good news

Can it be that that driver also can support the 47xx Chipset, i would perfer over 48xx and 46xx chipset ?

ATI 4750 / 4770 reaches near 48xx speeds but has much less power consumption. Also would be much, mich faster than low end 46xx gpu.

Well ATI Radeon HD is not dead as some claim it to be lol 4670 will bring some interesting things like if they still use the crapped out {censored} that stops mobility from work or if it allows us to use more Radeon HD low end cards etc...

Well ATI Radeon HD is not dead as some claim it to be lol 4670 will bring some interesting things like if they still use the crapped out {censored} that stops mobility from work or if it allows us to use more Radeon HD low end cards etc...

Well it's very likely a Mobility Radeon just like the 4850, but I think the chips are similar enough to make things work on the desktop 4650 and 4670. And yes it would be very nice if it brought support to the 4770; but these are very different beasts. Any chance it could work on 10.5 Leopard?

Well that will be another option (this one very cheap!) while I'm shopping for an upgrade to my 2600XT and I'm frustrated I can't get the new 57xx's...

Many months ago... I bought a 4770, thinking that Apple might or might not bypass that card option and instead go straight to 5850. The horror of this recession is that instead they went with... a 4670. I'm just itching to downgrade!

On the other hand... it's about about Snow Leopard, right? The release candidate of Windows 7 crashed when I was dragging and dropping six gigabytes of files - the screen flashed a milky white and... all six gigs were perma deleated; I tried many data rescue programs over a two week period and nothing rescued the document files that I needed. So, you know, who is the bigger fool, the person who uses flawed software (albeit, in fairness to Microsoft, only a release candidate which usually means a pretty stable beta) or the person who uses sub cutting edge hardware with a rock solid operating system? Bit of a no brainer, unless Windows 7 RTM is anywhere near as stable as Snow Leopard. Why do I doubt it? I remember Vista RTM! Also, Windows 7 beta worked on my Asus P5VD2-MX/Geforce7300 but the subsequent Release candidate wouldn't install unless you hacked some of the files over from the beta version, a known issue. Not encouraging.

Still, 4670? Disappointed, here.

Believe it or not, Windows 7 RTM works better on my MacbookPro2,2 than Snow Leopard does as far as reliability goes. I haven't had a single problem with Win 7, but Snow Leopard has caused programs like VLC, iPhoto, iTunes, and others to crash upon opening when they worked perfectly in Leopard. I feel more like Snow Leopard is worth the $29 it charged where Win 7 will be more worth the ~$100+ that it will be. I haven't yet tried to install SL cleanly, but neither have I with Win 7, so that shouldn't be a reason.

Anyways, sorry for the hijack. I do have a 4670 that I would like to use and hope this pans out.

My laptop has the ATI HD 4570 card, do you guys think it will be supported?

Its completely different thing with mobility cards.If and only if the 4670 card is a mobility version then we will see.

JUST A THOUGHT:

there is almost no other card with 4670 chip and only 256 ram.Almost all are with 512 MB or 1GB

Believe it or not, Windows 7 RTM works better on my MacbookPro2,2 than Snow Leopard does as far as reliability goes. I haven't had a single problem with Win 7, but Snow Leopard has caused programs like VLC, iPhoto, iTunes, and others to crash upon opening when they worked perfectly in Leopard. I feel more like Snow Leopard is worth the $29 it charged where Win 7 will be more worth the ~$100+ that it will be. I haven't yet tried to install SL cleanly, but neither have I with Win 7, so that shouldn't be a reason.

Anyways, sorry for the hijack. I do have a 4670 that I would like to use and hope this pans out.

Always clean install as the saying goes! Sounds as though SL will be all it should be with 10.6.2. I will hold off buying Win 7 until RC expiries, use for games, won't buy RTM if I have to hack files from the beta to get 7 to work on the P5VD2-MX/gefore7300, should know from the forums soon enough.

Rather than a buy a 4670 I might go for a used Saphire 4850 as a stopgap, until 5850 is supported and I can afford to get a beefier PSU for it. I am not looking forward to the 4850's increased heat and noise over my 4770 but I can't bear the thought of dual booting into Windows using a 4670 which would is slower than my 4770.

The 4670 in the iMac is a mobile version. I hope it works with the Desktop version. I can't wait to purchase this card. I'm so sick with my 7300LE. Low pro!

Hope the driver will work with Desktop version of 4670. I also feeling sick with the crappy 7500LE!!

I'm new to the OSX community, so forgive my ignorance :P

I've been following this topic since day 1 and I have been very interested in a dual monitor OSX enviornment for a long time. Where exactly are these drivers going to appear for download if they do come out?