I can't even get to the Install-Screen of OS X 86!

Cillit Bang

5 posts in this topic

Hi there...

I have a Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo M3438G Notebook and I downloaded the patched OS X 10.4.4-DVD.

I burned it on a DVD and when I try to boot from it i get the grey apple screen for a mom and then it says that i should restart my computer.

I also tried to install it via VMWare - which actually worked. But I can't boot OS X. Theres only a black screen and a white crusor that doesnt move.

I dont understand why i dont even get to the installation screen, when i try to install it natively. :sorcerer:

I have an Intel Alviso i915PM-Chipset and SSE2.

I hope you can help me guys because ive been trying that for hours now.

• 6 months later...
Hi there...

I have a Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo M3438G Notebook and I downloaded the patched OS X 10.4.4-DVD.

I burned it on a DVD and when I try to boot from it i get the grey apple screen for a mom and then it says that i should restart my computer.

I also tried to install it via VMWare - which actually worked. But I can't boot OS X. Theres only a black screen and a white crusor that doesnt move.

I dont understand why i dont even get to the installation screen, when i try to install it natively. :star_smile:

I have an Intel Alviso i915PM-Chipset and SSE2.

I have completely same problem. Did you solve your problem with it? And if yes - how? (: I spent for it many hours, but didn't find somebody, who started on this chipset (I have same).. (:

• 2 years later...

hey I got the same Chipset 915PM on my HP NX8220 notebook. the latest iPC version installs fine, but I am having trouble selecting the correct drivers and I couldn´t make it boot after installing... not much help but maybe you want to try their distro, since you seem to have trouble installing it at all.

let me know when you find something out. thanks