M-Audio AudioPhile 2496, pci soundcard

johnnylemar

46 posts in this topic

Ok, I get that the internal audio card of your mac supports CoreAudio (thus low latency), but one can do the same with Asio4All drivers for Windows.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@De Sad:

I don't know what the question mark (?) you typed reffers to, but if it needs to be explained further, all i'm saying is that a driver is out now for the 2496 PCI. A member named audiodriverwriter has made a driver (now in version 0.1.0) which really works with 2496 at least in Leopard... (although no MIDI support yet)

I have to say a huge thank you to everyone who helped develope the drivers. Keeping great quality audio gear working into the future. Instead of ending up outdated and destitute.

I do though want to ask if anyone has managed to get these drivers to work with pro tools m-powered on 10.5.4 Kalway install.

Cheers.

Hi there,

great to see the pci audio drivers - unless of Apple marketing pci is still the best interface for serious audio work...

I just found the (maybe) cheapest way to get a envy24ht card - the SWISSONIC TS22PCI

is based on the Terratec Phase 22 and you can get it in germany for only 55 €.

http://www.thomann.de/de/swissonic_ts22pci.htm

With two analog IO, S/pdif and Midi I/O this could be an inexpensive start for a nice music studio software (Ableton Live, Logic Studio, Garageband) on your home low-end hackmac.

Someone already use this card on his hack?

884739_800.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

hello everyone,

i have a pci 2496 running osx 10.4.10. i have installed the latest m-audio drivers, and the Envy24 driver 2.0, and i cannot get the system to see the card at all. it doesnt show up under MIDI devices or audio devices, and I cannot even get the M-Audio Control Pane to open. any suggestions?

The Maudio drivers will not work since there´s no pci slots in Intelmacs. Maby it´s that driver that causes problems for the envy24. So I´m pretty sure you wount be able to get the Maudio controll pane to launch at all. I´m pretty sure the envy24 should work though, it does with my Maudio Delta 1010 and my Delta 44 Pci cards. I´m running Leo though but I doubt there´s any difference between the two oses if they work with the envy24 or not.

I haven´t read the latest news on the envy24 site but last time I checked there was no midisupport with this driver.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

WORKING DRIVERS HERE: M-AUDIO SERIES!

Hi to all, Just wanted to see if anyone has the M-AUDIO AUDIOPHILE 2496 pci soundcard, working.

If so can you give some tips on how you got it working.

Thanks.

WORKING DRIVER HERE FOR M-audio PCI:

• M-Audio Delta 44 (verified)

• M-Audio Delta 66 (verified)

• M-Audio Delta 410 (verified)

• M-Audio Delta 2496 (verified)

• M-Audio Delta 1010 (works for some)

• M-Audio Delta 1010LT (verified)

• Terratec Phase 88 / EWS88MT / TS88PCI (tested only on EWS88MT)

• Terratec EWX2496

I tested on my M-audio Delta 1010 with box today and everything incl. SPDIF is working great on my osx86 v_7 10.5.8 system! Im submitting file for the above sound cards! Dont Forget to donate some money to this guy!!!

http://www.audio-evolution.com/drivers/

Envy24.0.20.0.dmg

Does midi work now on the delta 1010?

No, midi currently NOT working. This is the only thing not working for me, everything else seem to work great on my Delta 1010. BTW I use M-Audio midisport 2x2 usb interface for midi instead.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Guys , im still messing with the instalation of m-audio , 2496. But can't get it to work. (using snow leopard 10.6.7)

I get the message No pci audio hardware found (or for some reason the drivers arn't loaded), or when i open it from system preferences it tells me it does't work on a intel based mac.

I did install the Driver envy24 , but seems not to work. I really need this for producing.

Would this be a pci detection problem ? or is it just my driver ? i cant find out.

Anny help would be great.