Hfs error has me stopped.

1 post in this topic

Hey there first off I would just like to say i've been trying to get hackint0sh for about a month now with no luck. I've done pages and pages of research with no answer, so i've come to here, and I apologize if this is the wrong place to post!

My spec's are:

Hp Pavillion dv6000, AMD turion64x2, nvidia graphics, 3gigs of ram.

Here's the story..

I tried ipc, iatkos, you name it. I finally came across kalyway and it worked for the most part.

I started out with vista and made a 20gb partition for os-x.

So i burnt the cd and for the first time got to the installer. After that I did everything in disk util and finished off the install. I was so happy because i thought after all of the troubles i had finally gotten it. Then i rebooted and got the HFS+ partition error and that is where i am stuck now. I've looked at guides and how to fix it but just can't get around it. Here's the step by step. I would boot from CD and type -s in darwin. When everything is done loading I open up terminal and type: fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0. I then get.. ' The signature for this MBR is invalid' what i've read thats normal.. I also get '' would you like to initialize the partition table? (y) '' So i pressed 'y' and got ' Enter help for information' but the new line being with 'fdisk:*1>'

After that I type 'flag 1' and my 1st partition is marked active. Next i update, no problems yet. The next step say's to type 'write' after doing so i get '' /dev/rdisk0: Permission denied and it goes back to bash 3.2#. :thumbsup_anim:

That's where im left off and it sure is killing me, i can't even boot into my vista partition. If i choose boot from hardrive it goes straight to the hfs error.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!