SL install on 780iFTW / GTX260SSC(216) both EVGA

Tockets

1 post in this topic

Been working on and off on an OSx86 machine for a very long time with no luck in the graphics department. (Had a 7950GT when tiger was out and a 260 when Leopard was out)

I'm dying to get SL to work. I held off work on 10.5 in hopes 10.6 would support my card easier.

Here are full system specs. Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 (@3.8ghz) 4 gigabytes of mushkin DDR2 ram @ 5-5-5-15, Two seagate sata 320gig 7200.10 hard drives, 1x sata lite-on DL DVD-RW, EVGA GTX 260 SSC Core 216, EVGA 780i FTW edition. Antec power supply. At the moment I have windows 7 on the first drive, planning on dropping it. I want this to be a pure OS X machine.

With Leopard I got a complete install via IATKOS V7 however I was unable to get my graphics to work properly.

With Snow Leopard I've been told I could install and using Chameleon RC 2 with the graphicsenabler on and it would auto detect and install everything I needed. (True/false?)

My problem is, I've found snow leopard OS X 86 torrents / I own a copy of Snow Leopard. How do I use the Chameleon RC 2? I've been unable to find an .iso for x86 that is using it with snow leopard, and I have no idea how to make an ISO out of my retail SL CD with Cham RC 2 on it.

I do not have acess to a mac computer. I owned a Mac Prob but a few months ago my motherboard failed me, hence my urgency to get my x86 machine up and running. Any help and walk throughs or PMs would be absolutely amazing. Consider me an OSx86 newb however if its to involved in command line. I'd need a step by step. If anyone knows of a torrent or link where I could just DL a copy of SL pre slipstreamed with all the OSX86 things and whatever version of Chameleon I need that would be amazing.

Thanks in advance for any help, Foster. (ps. Monetary compensation in small amounts can be provided if needed. Im pretty much at my wits end here.