DSDT fixes for Gigabyte boards

iSoprano

1,909 posts in this topic

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext, I would advise against the ESB patch.

I've tried adapting your DSDT with no improvement. I'm thinking the auto-sleep issue might be the one of a few things in order of likelihood.

1. Possibly one or both of the USB hubs I have plugged into my motherboard headers.

2. One of the add-on cards, WLAN or GFX.

3. One of the DSDT device injector patches.

I've trying to nail this down since SL came out.

I posted a little discovery about the idle sleep problem in another thread, maybe its not relevant and in that case just ignore my post :)

Old post:

"Nov 26 2009, 11:54 AM

Maybe its the "Power off" not being supported that causes this?

A real macbook with nvidia chipset has the following (I found it on the internet):

MAT{censored}ADVD-R UJ-868:

Model: MAT{censored}ADVD-R UJ-868

Revision: KA14

Native Command Queuing: No

Detachable Drive: No

Power Off: Yes

Async Notification: No

On my hackintosh with a LG drive I have the following:

HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NS40:

Model: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NS40

Revision: NL01

Native Command Queuing: No

Detachable Drive: No

Power Off: No

Async Notification: No

Bay Name: Bay 3"

Maybe when the computer is going to auto sleep the SATA controller sends a command to the dvd writer to power down, the dvd writer does not support this command, blinks a little and returns something back that causes mac os x to not sleep the computer?

You think this "Power Off" feature can be turned on somehow?

CS

OK I just unplugged the two USB hubs from the motherboard headers and all unnecessary USB devices, both DVD drives, removed my WLAN card as well as removed the firewire and WLAN patches from DSDT. Still no auto-sleep.

As far as the DVD Power off feature I have:

Optiarc DVD RW AD-7241S:

Model:	Optiarc DVD RW AD-7241S				 
 Revision:	1.01	
 Native Command Queuing:	No
 Detachable Drive:	No
 Power Off:	No
 Async Notification:	No

for the record:

doesn't seem to matter what device id i use for SATA - always get shockingly poor drive performance (I've been using ICH10 device ID for me ICH9-R and yello icon fix for sometime.)

post-275122-1261921091_thumb.png

I hope everyone had a great Christmas ..

D

What bluetooth adapter do you have? Are you able to select the "Allow Bluetooth devices to wake computer" option?

Hi there Kdawg,

i have this same problem, are there any other usb bleu-tooth devices that will have the wake from sleep capability (other the the D-link dbt-120)

thnx

T.

btw also have this original device from a powermac, but can't find any pinout

post-157612-1261923047_thumb.jpg

post-157612-1261923061_thumb.jpg

for the record:

doesn't seem to matter what device id i use for SATA - always get shockingly poor drive performance (I've been using ICH10 device ID for me ICH9-R and yello icon fix for sometime.)

post-275122-1261921091_thumb.png

I hope everyone had a great Christmas ..

D

I'll jump on that record and say mine aren't much better. A while back I tried The King's suggestions. Couldn't get it to work. I counld't get the IRQ to register 14, mine is 13.

I have this:

post-309087-1261923260_thumb.jpg

And I have sleep working fine.

I don't know what you've done but I can't simulate it. Now I'm thinking it's the overclocking/speedstepping. I still have to post my BIOS settings. Do you feel like posting yours? I know it's a pain in the a$#%$#@. I'm running out of ideas. I might try and revering back to the original DSDT since I've basically stripped my rig down to the bare bones.

I did notice you were using fakesmc v2.1. I have 2.5 and you're using a AppleUpstreamUserClientDisabler. A few of the remaining differences.

Hi there Kdawg,

i have this same problem, are there any other usb bleu-tooth devices that will have the wake from sleep capability (other the the D-link dbt-120)

thnx

T.

I've read the the Belkin F8T016 works.

I'll jump on that record and say mine aren't much better. A while back I tried The King's suggestions. Couldn't get it to work. I counld't get the IRQ to register 14, mine is 13.

I don't know what you've done but I can't simulate it. Now I'm thinking it's the overclocking/speedstepping. I still have to post my BIOS settings. Do you feel like posting yours? I know it's a pain in the a$#%$#@. I'm running out of ideas. I might try and revering back to the original DSDT since I've basically stripped my rig down to the bare bones.

I did notice you were using fakesmc v2.1. I have 2.5 and you're using a AppleUpstreamUserClientDisabler. A few of the remaining differences.

I've read the the Belkin F8T016 works.

I'd tried his suggestions back in September and that fix has carried over but as you say it's not working for my GB P35 board.

DSDT03_09_09.dsl.zip

EDit** athough I'd clearly not followed his guide properly as there are stil IRQNoFlag's under PIC and TMR lol!

mm67 - do you see this problem with your MSI board?

D.

Hi there Kdawg,

thnx

T.

Hi

I have 4 BT dongles but currently find the Trust 2400p to be the most reliable (Broadcom 2045, thought there are

a couple of 2046 versions). By hacking the Bluetooth family kexts you can activate wake from BT. But as stated

earlier this seems to affect the ability to idle (auto) sleep. Without the wake feature my auto sleep has always

worked perfectly on SL

I posted before christmas on the BT subject and received some feedback from kDawg etc

Following a modified DSDT which I left installed I find that if I leave my computer running all day with wake from BT

on then it will sleep regularly after about 1.5 to 2 hours of idle-ness. This is with idle sleep set to 10 mins

Don't know why it suddenly decides to sleep then and not other times, although I noticed in BT packet logger

BT packets seem to drop off before sleeping

On another point I was curious as to why some people suggest switching off the 'put disks to sleep' feature, this

sounds counter-intuitive in setting up sleep???

steve

I have this:

post-309087-1261923260_thumb.jpg

And I have sleep working fine.

Any chance you could disconnect your dvd writer and see if your idle sleep still works? That can help in understanding if idle sleep has something to do with the dvd writer or not.

Do you have "Generic Drive Support" or is it recognized as "Apple Shipping Drive"?

You have a GA-EX38-DS4 mobo that has ICH9R which is not supported natively by OS X so I use the closest match that is supported that is ICH10. Yes you are doing the right thing. Don't use the ESB patch.

Thanks kdawg!

Using your SATA/ICH10 DSDT data with my motherboard is it more a cosmetic issue, or does this improve performance and/or compatibility with the rest of the system?

Using iSoprono's #6 DSDT stock SATA data produces "Intell ESB2 AHCI" in the System Profiler.

Using your SATA data produces "Intel ICH10 AHCI" in the System Profiler.

Which one is "more better"!

... Don't use the ESB patch.

I'm not sure what that is. Thanks!

Hi

I have 4 BT dongles but currently find the Trust 2400p to be the most reliable (Broadcom 2045, thought there are

a couple of 2046 versions). By hacking the Bluetooth family kexts you can activate wake from BT. But as stated

earlier this seems to affect the ability to idle (auto) sleep. Without the wake feature my auto sleep has always

worked perfectly on SL

I posted before christmas on the BT subject and received some feedback from kDawg etc

Following a modified DSDT which I left installed I find that if I leave my computer running all day with wake from BT

on then it will sleep regularly after about 1.5 to 2 hours of idle-ness. This is with idle sleep set to 10 mins

Don't know why it suddenly decides to sleep then and not other times, although I noticed in BT packet logger

BT packets seem to drop off before sleeping

On another point I was curious as to why some people suggest switching off the 'put disks to sleep' feature, this

sounds counter-intuitive in setting up sleep???

steve

Thnx Steve & Kdawg, will check some different devices to see what works.

T.

@Johnny V as kdawg said ICH10 is better.

Based on what? The history of failing Seagate drives? One drive out of four failing? Come on people. I mean it can't change the Intel ICHn into anything else. Neither will it change the BIOS code or have any influence on performance. Pure speculation.

So tell me something. Why do people use this, and for quite some time already, without any problems? So my drives will fail, just because I change a name in the registry? Sorry but I am not buying any of this. But if you do, then please enlighten me after reading all this. Just like I did. Thank you.

@Johnny V as kdawg said ICH10 is better.

Based on Master Chief's comment I decided to compare the two and it looks like the only difference is the device ID (name) is different.

//#6 My Best DSDT reads as "Intel ESB2 AHCI"

Device (SATA)
           {
               Name (_ADR, 0x001F0002)
               Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
               {
                   Store (Package (0x02)
                       {
                           "device-id", Buffer (0x04)[b]{0x81, 0x26, 0x00, 0x00}[/b]
                       }, Local0)
                   DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                   Return (Local0)
               }
           }

//DSDT for GA-EP35-DS4 ICH9R Chipset - reads as "Intel ICH10 AHCI"

Device (SATA) //<--Renamed from IDE1 (removed IDE2)
           {
               Name (_ADR, 0x001F0002)
               Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
               {
                   Store (Package (0x02)
                       {
                           "device-id", Buffer (0x04)[b]{0x22, 0x3A, 0x00, 0x00}[/b],
                       }, Local0)
                   DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                   Return (Local0)
               }
           }

I was hoping for a super speed increase going to ICH10! LOL

So I guess this is just a cosmetic fix?

Thanks!

Any chance you could disconnect your dvd writer and see if your idle sleep still works? That can help in understanding if idle sleep has something to do with the dvd writer or not.

Do you have "Generic Drive Support" or is it recognized as "Apple Shipping Drive"?

My test system, the only one I let sleep, has generic supported the auto, menu and power button put it to sleep the dvd drive is of course connected while this happens.