ATI X1300 Radeon Mobility, OpenGL?

itjstagame

2 posts in this topic

I have 10.6.1 installed on my T60 and video has been working good at native resolution right out of the box.

I think I have QE/CI too, because I can play chess (although choppy), watch all vids, etc.

But I cannot run any vids, even crappy mpegs, in full screen, nor can I run Hulu or Youtube in fullscreen, it gets way too choppy, drops half the frames. These tasks are no chore at all in Windows, so am I not fully accelerated somehow?

Also, my OpenGL seems to not be working. GLXGears crashes, VLC with OpenGL output is just a black box. If I run XBench during the OpenGL tests it successfully says a FPS number (that looks reasonable too), but shows me only a black box. So it's like it's rendering but not flushing to the screenbuffer or something.

I found this great link here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...=mobility+x1300

Which has tons of stuff, I don't know what all the bundles and plugins are, but they don't seem to help. Upon reboot I saw the message go by (using -v) that it was using NatitX1300, but using this I just get a black screen once Aqua starts.

Any thoughts, how do I get OpenGL working and should I use Natit and how do I fix it?

• 3 months later...

I too have T60 and experienced the same high-resolution but no acceleration on default Snow Leopard.

By installing the ATIRadionX.... kexts, NATIT, and Chameleon with "VideoEnabler" turned on I was able to get acceleration, but pretty heavy mouse tearing.

Still searching for better solution.

Still have no sleep working, when I've had it working good before on similar R60. Is there any special tricks for the T60? Does it just need the video drivers better set up?