• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

msurtees

msurtees

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Times, as we all know, are tight. I can't afford $2000.00 to replace my MacBook Pro which is now three years old and showing it's age.

From what I've been reading, the Dell Mini 10v works great...pretty much 100% compatible. Is this correct?

What about any 13" laptops that are known to work great? Looking for suggestions.

Thanks everyone.

xp1700

xp1700

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
dell inspiron 1318 all work exept sleep

apple apple

apple apple

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
Your computer is faster than those options. I'd stick with the Apple. Have you gone with the latest Leopard? Any faster?

msurtees

msurtees

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Oh I realize that. The issue is my macbook pro (running 10.6) is on its last legs. It was dropped not to long ago...the display is beginning to flicker on occasion and even blank out. Until I can afford a new macbook, I was thinking of a cheaper pc that would be compatible.

Thanks again!

Your computer is faster than those options. I'd stick with the Apple. Have you gone with the latest Leopard? Any faster?

Thanks!

dell inspiron 1318 all work exept sleep

xp1700

xp1700

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
ok spec is
for install
voodoo hda
and dstt.aml
i run snow 10.6.1
and reconize macbook pro whit my smbiosAttached File  Capture_d_____cran_2009_10_12____17.46.21.png   671.52KB   99 downloads
Attached File  The_Dell_Online_Store__Build_Your_System.pdf   96.41KB   89 downloads

mattrb4

mattrb4

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

ok spec is
for install
voodoo hda
and dstt.aml
i run snow 10.6.1
and reconize macbook pro whit my smbiosAttached File  Capture_d_____cran_2009_10_12____17.46.21.png   671.52KB   99 downloads
Attached File  The_Dell_Online_Store__Build_Your_System.pdf   96.41KB   89 downloads

Dude i am pretty sure video does not work with x3100.

snackole

snackole

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
I'm pretty sure it does. Just look around brother.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy