• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

MAC IN TOSH

MAC IN TOSH

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
Does Mac 10.6.6 update work on Lenovo G550 Model: 20023?........... Coz when I updated it, there was a kernel Panic
and the second thing, My hackb00k sleeps but doesn't wake up. is there a way to solve this issue?

Is there a kext or something for the display? I think it is GeForce 105M or X4500

Sylima

Sylima

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

After over a month.... 8) i finaly made it ...

Here is my package for G550 with nvidia 210m GFX.
I found that Lenovo Y550 is similar with G550 and on one Chinese forum (PCBETA) i find modified DSDT for Y550 (don't ask me for hell with chinese fonts and google trnslations ;).
I edited that DSDT (removed GFX, and AUDIO section) and now works on G550 including sleep, hibernate. (USE IT AT YOUR OWN!)
In package is included original Y550 DSDT - so if someone is want to look at it with more attention to make more precise DSDT for G550 Go FOR IT!
Also included is tools that are you need for modifications and first help.

Network... not tested ... included is modified kext for my AirLIVE USB wifidongle.

All is on 10.6.3 - next step 64bt.

Regards!

Happy G550 ;)

LINK ...

Give me DSDT and all kexts for this laptop - sleep not working only((( I know, that my english is very bad, but i hope that you understand me) Thank you! Link is unavailable :)(

Hacktrix2006

Hacktrix2006

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
Head over to http://ilenovo-g550....hostinguk.co.uk i hear the downloads page is hot stuff!

Sylima

Sylima

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Head over to http://ilenovo-g550....hostinguk.co.uk i hear the downloads page is hot stuff!

thank you! Sleep work? On Lid close and wake on Lid Open?

Hacktrix2006

Hacktrix2006

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

thank you! Sleep work? On Lid close and wake on Lid Open?

For me yes they do work. Also it mkaes you breakfast in the morning too.... :')

MAC IN TOSH

MAC IN TOSH

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
I fond a thread which explains how to enable QE/CI on G105M, I'm not sure if that works or not. but Here is what the thread says:

G105M enabled with QE/CI.
leopard 10.5.8
I followed this thread:
http://www.projectos...php?showtopic=4
did as: geForce GTX 200 series
I used nvinject 0.20 instead.
when reboot, boot did NOT stop, and got right resolution(BIG STEP), but still no QE/CI.
then, I removed nvinject.kext from /S/L/E, then to reboot, with chameleon RC3 I used
-v GgraphicsEnabler=y
then QE/CI enabled.

Can anyone please confirm this one of this method enables QE/CI on Nvidia 105M? I would have tried for myself but, it's my brother's laptop, he won't let me try

Sylima

Sylima

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

sleep work with DSDT but batterry forever on AC not show the time of charge and uncharge.

Hacktrix2006

Hacktrix2006

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
Use voodoobattery.kext the latest will sort this issue. If only i could contact NewCom i could make something better then i have compiled with the work from the dev's

Sylima

Sylima

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Use voodoobattery.kext the latest will sort this issue. If only i could contact NewCom i could make something better then i have compiled with the work from the dev's

latest voodoobatterry is 1.3.2? Not work for me...... You can write video 210M in DSDT? In Lion work all kext, but DSDT is a best variant, because with kexts sometimes KP on the Lion`s boot.

Hacktrix2006

Hacktrix2006

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
Latest VoodooBattery is 1.3.3, Have you installed lion on the lenovo. if so please could you tell me how you did it as i'm going to try on my external drive and need pointers on how you did it.

Sylima

Sylima

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
INSTALL LION 10.7 DEVELOPER PREVIEW 2 (A419) on Lenovo G550
1. Format flashdrive FAT32 (MBR) NOT GUID because you will see black screen

2. Prepare flashdrive for boot with this utility XPC Boot Prepare Tool (flashdrive can be is empty)

3. Copy on flashdrive ##### or XPC (i am use ##### because booting is not longer that with XPC)

4. Download this DMG http://inmac.org/for...pic.php?t=11106 (in folder i put my torrentfile) - this is installing DMG. You can copy this on harddrive or flashdrive or usbHDD use the disk utility. (i can give invite in this tracker)

5. Copy kexts for video on /System/Library/Extensions

6. Move folder extensions on the icon of this programm mkextMaker.v1.1.app

7. Then extensions.mkext move to the /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup (all files in this folder may be delete before step

8) Boot from the prepared flashdrive, and boot from usb HDD or harddrive with LION (boot is frozen on "pci conf. begin"), but you may wait 1-2 minute and you will see 10,7 LION on your iLenovo. If you choose the ##### on menu press key "M" and write boot flag (-v -f arch=i386) on a first boot (you will see log of the booting and boot ignore cache.

All files and utility which i did used here http://dl.dropbox.co.....ta.pp.ua].zip

P.S. I am not sure that you understand me my native language is Russian, english very bad.... If you have questions - i hope that i can answered on it. Write from iLenovo and LION 10.7 - very nice OS! And i hope that Hacktrix2006 help us with DSDT!

Hacktrix2006

Hacktrix2006

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
Hi all has anyone got the G450 DSDT from this site

http://translate.goo...l...8&prmd=ivns

Might help me more with a more native DSDT.aml and as the G450 and the G550 share the same bios and board it would be better.

weizh126

weizh126

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
@Hacktrix2006
How about your sound card cx20561? What kext do you use?The AppleHDA or the VoodooHDA?
I have patched an AppleHDA from 10.6.2, and it works great, no sound assertion anymore in snow leopard. But now I use the Lion, the old 10.6.2 AppleHDA can run on the Lion, but I prefer a new version, I mean the new AppleHDA in lion. I can get it work after patching, but lots of sound assertion.Do you have some good news on this issue?
BTW, you may ask me some question about the DSDT, I mean, I have an account in the PCBETA forum you provided in the link.
sorry for my poor english ;)

Hacktrix2006

Hacktrix2006

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

@Hacktrix2006
How about your sound card cx20561? What kext do you use?The AppleHDA or the VoodooHDA?
I have patched an AppleHDA from 10.6.2, and it works great, no sound assertion anymore in snow leopard. But now I use the Lion, the old 10.6.2 AppleHDA can run on the Lion, but I prefer a new version, I mean the new AppleHDA in lion. I can get it work after patching, but lots of sound assertion.Do you have some good news on this issue?
BTW, you may ask me some question about the DSDT, I mean, I have an account in the PCBETA forum you provided in the link.
sorry for my poor english :(

Currently i use VoodooHDA i also would like the appleHDA but we need to find a Perl script to bin patch for use.

I was giving the xml files to use but hell i don't know how to use them LOL

Attached Files

Raj Arayan

Raj Arayan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
thanx to insanelymac and osx86 proj i have successfully installed leopard 10.6.8 on lenovo g550 every thing is working fine. just stuck on network drivers and power management. i have used nvdia latest patch for graphic drives and voodooo hda pactch for sound in postinstallation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy