Lenovo G550

rassha

75 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Dear Lenovo G550 user,

I am facing a mysterious problem with my G550 and have exhausted the LEnovo forum to find answers.

May be one of you can help?

I used my G550 to check emails at night then I did a proper shut down and left it by my bedside. It never started the next morning. When I try to turn it on, the little lights (indicating its powered up, volume up, down, mute, etc) come on but the hard drive doesnt make any noise and the screen doesnt come on.

Num lock and Caps lock lights dont work. When I insert a CD/DVD in the drive, it takes it and spins but then nothing more. I have tried to plug it with an external monitor but it was not registered :)

Unfortunately, I ran out of warranty less than a month ago. So Lenovo wants to charge me $80 even to talk about my system. Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

Could somebody please upload the newest DSDT? Almost all of the posted links are down. I would be especially interested in the G210M version.

Could you also please tell me which kexts I should use together with the DSDT file? The update to 10.6.5 isn't working yet, right?

• 2 weeks later...

Just add some things I came across.

10.6.6 works fine....just make sure to delete sleepenabler.kext first and then run pfix.

Also I don't know if anyone has experienced this. But after a system update, google chrome will start to hang on flash or heavy javascript sites. Reinstalling flash, chrome, deleting the settings doesn't work. This was driving me mad. Finally found the solution. I had to run the nvidia video enabler package again. Why that works I have no clue. But chrome stopped hanging after rebooting.

This has happened twice already (upon updating to 10.6.5 and 10.6.6) so I'm pretty sure they are related. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
Just add some things I came across.

10.6.6 works fine....just make sure to delete sleepenabler.kext first and then run pfix.

Also I don't know if anyone has experienced this. But after a system update, google chrome will start to hang on flash or heavy javascript sites. Reinstalling flash, chrome, deleting the settings doesn't work. This was driving me mad. Finally found the solution. I had to run the nvidia video enabler package again. Why that works I have no clue. But chrome stopped hanging after rebooting.

This has happened twice already (upon updating to 10.6.5 and 10.6.6) so I'm pretty sure they are related. Thanks!

Hi,

I have the same laptop, updating it to 10.6.6, it gives a Kernal panic error. How did you get it to work

Hi all if you want to stay updated with this laptop hit my blog site http://www.ilenovo-g550.ultrahostinguk.co.uk as most are aware i have topic on insanelymac for the same laptop and now a dedicated blog site and a forum for it to come. On my topic i have a how to for install and on blog site the downloads required to get mac running. It even has a native DSDT from lenovo G550 bios and bios fixes for Wifi 1082 error.

Does Mac 10.6.6 update work on Lenovo G550 Model: 20023?........... Coz when I updated it, there was a kernel Panic

and the second thing, My hackb00k sleeps but doesn't wake up. is there a way to solve this issue?

Is there a kext or something for the display? I think it is GeForce 105M or X4500

• 1 month later...
After over a month.... 8) i finaly made it ...

Here is my package for G550 with nvidia 210m GFX.

I found that Lenovo Y550 is similar with G550 and on one Chinese forum (PCBETA) i find modified DSDT for Y550 (don't ask me for hell with chinese fonts and google trnslations ;).

I edited that DSDT (removed GFX, and AUDIO section) and now works on G550 including sleep, hibernate. (USE IT AT YOUR OWN!)

In package is included original Y550 DSDT - so if someone is want to look at it with more attention to make more precise DSDT for G550 Go FOR IT!

Also included is tools that are you need for modifications and first help.

Network... not tested ... included is modified kext for my AirLIVE USB wifidongle.

All is on 10.6.3 - next step 64bt.

Regards!

Happy G550 ;)

LINK ...

Give me DSDT and all kexts for this laptop - sleep not working only((( I know, that my english is very bad, but i hope that you understand me) Thank you! Link is unavailable :)(

I fond a thread which explains how to enable QE/CI on G105M, I'm not sure if that works or not. but Here is what the thread says:

G105M enabled with QE/CI.

leopard 10.5.8

I followed this thread:

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=4

did as: geForce GTX 200 series

I used nvinject 0.20 instead.

when reboot, boot did NOT stop, and got right resolution(BIG STEP), but still no QE/CI.

then, I removed nvinject.kext from /S/L/E, then to reboot, with chameleon RC3 I used

-v GgraphicsEnabler=y

then QE/CI enabled.

Can anyone please confirm this one of this method enables QE/CI on Nvidia 105M? I would have tried for myself but, it's my brother's laptop, he won't let me try

Use voodoobattery.kext the latest will sort this issue. If only i could contact NewCom i could make something better then i have compiled with the work from the dev's

latest voodoobatterry is 1.3.2? Not work for me...... You can write video 210M in DSDT? In Lion work all kext, but DSDT is a best variant, because with kexts sometimes KP on the Lion`s boot.

INSTALL LION 10.7 DEVELOPER PREVIEW 2 (A419) on Lenovo G550

1. Format flashdrive FAT32 (MBR) NOT GUID because you will see black screen

2. Prepare flashdrive for boot with this utility XPC Boot Prepare Tool (flashdrive can be is empty)

3. Copy on flashdrive [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] or XPC (i am use [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] because booting is not longer that with XPC)

4. Download this DMG http://inmac.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11106 (in folder i put my torrentfile) - this is installing DMG. You can copy this on harddrive or flashdrive or usbHDD use the disk utility. (i can give invite in this tracker)

5. Copy kexts for video on /System/Library/Extensions

6. Move folder extensions on the icon of this programm mkextMaker.v1.1.app

7. Then extensions.mkext move to the /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup (all files in this folder may be delete before step

8) Boot from the prepared flashdrive, and boot from usb HDD or harddrive with LION (boot is frozen on "pci conf. begin"), but you may wait 1-2 minute and you will see 10,7 LION on your iLenovo. If you choose the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] on menu press key "M" and write boot flag (-v -f arch=i386) on a first boot (you will see log of the booting and boot ignore cache.

All files and utility which i did used here http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3920036/Lion%20on%...ta.pp.ua%5D.zip

P.S. I am not sure that you understand me my native language is Russian, english very bad.... If you have questions - i hope that i can answered on it. Write from iLenovo and LION 10.7 - very nice OS! And i hope that Hacktrix2006 help us with DSDT!

• 3 months later...

@Hacktrix2006

How about your sound card cx20561? What kext do you use?The AppleHDA or the VoodooHDA?

I have patched an AppleHDA from 10.6.2, and it works great, no sound assertion anymore in snow leopard. But now I use the Lion, the old 10.6.2 AppleHDA can run on the Lion, but I prefer a new version, I mean the new AppleHDA in lion. I can get it work after patching, but lots of sound assertion.Do you have some good news on this issue?

BTW, you may ask me some question about the DSDT, I mean, I have an account in the PCBETA forum you provided in the link.

sorry for my poor english ;)

• 5 weeks later...
@Hacktrix2006

How about your sound card cx20561? What kext do you use?The AppleHDA or the VoodooHDA?

I have patched an AppleHDA from 10.6.2, and it works great, no sound assertion anymore in snow leopard. But now I use the Lion, the old 10.6.2 AppleHDA can run on the Lion, but I prefer a new version, I mean the new AppleHDA in lion. I can get it work after patching, but lots of sound assertion.Do you have some good news on this issue?

BTW, you may ask me some question about the DSDT, I mean, I have an account in the PCBETA forum you provided in the link.

sorry for my poor english :(

Currently i use VoodooHDA i also would like the appleHDA but we need to find a Perl script to bin patch for use.

I was giving the xml files to use but hell i don't know how to use them LOL

ConexantCX20561XML.zip

• 1 month later...

thanx to insanelymac and osx86 proj i have successfully installed leopard 10.6.8 on lenovo g550 every thing is working fine. just stuck on network drivers and power management. i have used nvdia latest patch for graphic drives and voodooo hda pactch for sound in postinstallation.