• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

marinn

marinn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Ok, can you please attach that DSDT here?

I have the same notebook :(

nomaj

nomaj

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Ok, can you please attach that DSDT here?

I have the same notebook :D

i will... but i discovered that lid open close works only when lenovo is on power plug.... =(

need more DSDT research =( Can somebody help with this i will provide decompiled DSDT...

g550 DSDT / original and modified for lid wakeup

People let's make this work... G550 need's correct DSDT :D

nomaj

nomaj

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
After over a month.... 8) i finaly made it ...

Here is my package for G550 with nvidia 210m GFX.
I found that Lenovo Y550 is similar with G550 and on one Chinese forum (PCBETA) i find modified DSDT for Y550 (don't ask me for hell with chinese fonts and google trnslations :).
I edited that DSDT (removed GFX, and AUDIO section) and now works on G550 including sleep, hibernate. (USE IT AT YOUR OWN!)
In package is included original Y550 DSDT - so if someone is want to look at it with more attention to make more precise DSDT for G550 Go FOR IT!
Also included is tools that are you need for modifications and first help.

Network... not tested ... included is modified kext for my AirLIVE USB wifidongle.

All is on 10.6.3 - next step 64bt.

Regards!

Happy G550 :)

LINK ...

nomaj

nomaj

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
Update!

new version of DSDT now supports VoodooHDA (now is more compatibile to g550)
also included new VoodooHDA.

LINK

az786

az786

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
hi evry1 i just want to ask you guys which hackintosh wrkz best on lenovo g550. becz i hv downloaded ideneb v14 apple 10.5.6 bt itz nt workng on dis laptop. any1 wuld lyk to tel me n plz who evr replies me.. do put da link frm whr i cn download da hackintosh file
thanks
ayyaz

I installed 10.5.5 using a msiwindosx.iso file I found online. I used the combined update to patch it to 10.5.8 after installing a few kext files. I am just having trouble with the intel gmax4500 video card as I can't get it to run at the native resolution without losing the cursor.

nomaj

nomaj

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

hi evry1 i just want to ask you guys which hackintosh wrkz best on lenovo g550. becz i hv downloaded ideneb v14 apple 10.5.6 bt itz nt workng on dis laptop. any1 wuld lyk to tel me n plz who evr replies me.. do put da link frm whr i cn download da hackintosh file
thanks
ayyaz

10.6.31 works superb...
no links here...

iVan-Vanya

iVan-Vanya

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

After over a month.... 8) i finaly made it ...

Here is my package for G550 with nvidia 210m GFX.
I found that Lenovo Y550 is similar with G550 and on one Chinese forum (PCBETA) i find modified DSDT for Y550 (don't ask me for hell with chinese fonts and google trnslations :) .
I edited that DSDT (removed GFX, and AUDIO section) and now works on G550 including sleep, hibernate. (USE IT AT YOUR OWN!)
In package is included original Y550 DSDT - so if someone is want to look at it with more attention to make more precise DSDT for G550 Go FOR IT!
Also included is tools that are you need for modifications and first help.

Network... not tested ... included is modified kext for my AirLIVE USB wifidongle.

All is on 10.6.3 - next step 64bt.

Regards!

Happy G550 ;)

LINK ...

Can you send me please your DSDT me and configuration of your laptop?

Thanks

backdash

backdash

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Hi, (sry. about my (school) english)

everyone who want's to install unauthorized network card's look here:

http://forums.mydigi...g450#post275703

Works fine on my G550. I've install a BCM4321MC .....native Apple Airport

:D

backdash

backdash

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
can you upload the DSDT again please?

stefan90

stefan90

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi! I'm trying too to install OS X on lenovo g550, i've tried with SnowOSX universal v3.6 I've installed it as I saw in many tutorials...but after the instalation it never boots, after I  hit Restart buton (on final step) in stead of booting in osX it starts Windows 7

Can anyone help me with "configuring" the dual boot

THX in advance

psphunt

psphunt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
does this laptop work with Final Cut Pro?

mdjv

mdjv

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
hey fellas!

not entirely sure if this belongs here, but i managed to acquire the y550 dsdt which according to the folk a few posts before mine claims to be modifiable for g550's.

in case any of yall wants to grab it, ive mirrored it here http://www.2shared.c...9JH_y/Y550.html

good luck !

hrzr

hrzr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Works fine for me...
The WiFi too :)

But my trackpad and keyboard didnt work

gektor

gektor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Has anybody successfully installed sleepenabler on 10.6.5?

hp27

hp27

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Dear Lenovo G550 user,

I am facing a mysterious problem with my G550 and have exhausted the LEnovo forum to find answers.
May be one of you can help?
I used my G550 to check emails at night then I did a proper shut down and left it by my bedside. It never started the next morning. When I try to turn it on, the little lights (indicating its powered up, volume up, down, mute, etc) come on but the hard drive doesnt make any noise and the screen doesnt come on.
Num lock and Caps lock lights dont work. When I insert a CD/DVD in the drive, it takes it and spins but then nothing more. I have tried to plug it with an external monitor but it was not registered :)

Unfortunately, I ran out of warranty less than a month ago. So Lenovo wants to charge me $80 even to talk about my system. Any suggestions?

Jaykob

Jaykob

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Could somebody please upload the newest DSDT? Almost all of the posted links are down. I would be especially interested in the G210M version.
Could you also please tell me which kexts I should use together with the DSDT file? The update to 10.6.5 isn't working yet, right?

skeezicks

skeezicks

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Just add some things I came across.

10.6.6 works fine....just make sure to delete sleepenabler.kext first and then run pfix.

Also I don't know if anyone has experienced this. But after a system update, google chrome will start to hang on flash or heavy javascript sites. Reinstalling flash, chrome, deleting the settings doesn't work. This was driving me mad. Finally found the solution. I had to run the nvidia video enabler package again. Why that works I have no clue. But chrome stopped hanging after rebooting.

This has happened twice already (upon updating to 10.6.5 and 10.6.6) so I'm pretty sure they are related. Thanks!

MAC IN TOSH

MAC IN TOSH

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Just add some things I came across.

10.6.6 works fine....just make sure to delete sleepenabler.kext first and then run pfix.

Also I don't know if anyone has experienced this. But after a system update, google chrome will start to hang on flash or heavy javascript sites. Reinstalling flash, chrome, deleting the settings doesn't work. This was driving me mad. Finally found the solution. I had to run the nvidia video enabler package again. Why that works I have no clue. But chrome stopped hanging after rebooting.

This has happened twice already (upon updating to 10.6.5 and 10.6.6) so I'm pretty sure they are related. Thanks!

Hi,

I have the same laptop, updating it to 10.6.6, it gives a Kernal panic error. How did you get it to work

skeezicks

skeezicks

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Hi,

I have the same laptop, updating it to 10.6.6, it gives a Kernal panic error. How did you get it to work

Did you disable the sleepenabler.kext before you upgraded? They are not compatible between versions.

Hacktrix2006

Hacktrix2006

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
Hi all if you want to stay updated with this laptop hit my blog site http://www.ilenovo-g...hostinguk.co.uk as most are aware i have topic on insanelymac for the same laptop and now a dedicated blog site and a forum for it to come. On my topic i have a how to for install and on blog site the downloads required to get mac running. It even has a native DSDT from lenovo G550 bios and bios fixes for Wifi 1082 error.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy