Lenovo G550

rassha

75 posts in this topic

Hallo to all, Anyone sucessfully installed Mac OSX on this notebook?

Lenovo G550

• Lenovo G550 Model: Lenovo 20023
  • Intel Core2Duo T6500@2.1ghz CentrinoDuo
  • Chipset Legend PM45 ICH9 Nvidia Geforce G105M (NV98M)
  • Network wired: broadcom netlink gigabit ethernet adapter (ven_14E4/dev_1693)
  • Network wireless: Intel WiFi Link 5100 AGN
  • Audio: Legend HD Audio Controller Conexant High Definition (ven_14F1/dev_5051)

detailed specs: http://www.newtechnology.co.in/lenovo-idea...top-pricespecs/

I tried several times with iAtkos v7 but without success. Anyone have tips which component to select during installl?

lenovoideapadg550.jpg

I installed 10.5.5 using a msiwindosx.iso file I found online. I used the combined update to patch it to 10.5.8 after installing a few kext files. I am just having trouble with the intel gmax4500 video card as I can't get it to run at the native resolution without losing the cursor.

• 2 weeks later...

Rassha,

Any luck on getting it to work? I'm considering buying this myself.

Vinod

Hallo to all, Anyone sucessfully installed Mac OSX on this notebook?

Lenovo G550

• Lenovo G550 Model: Lenovo 20023
  • Intel Core2Duo T6500@2.1ghz CentrinoDuo
  • Chipset Legend PM45 ICH9 Nvidia Geforce G105M (NV98M)
  • Network wired: broadcom netlink gigabit ethernet adapter (ven_14E4/dev_1693)
  • Network wireless: Intel WiFi Link 5100 AGN
  • Audio: Legend HD Audio Controller Conexant High Definition (ven_14F1/dev_5051)

detailed specs: http://www.newtechnology.co.in/lenovo-idea...top-pricespecs/

I tried several times with iAtkos v7 but without success. Anyone have tips which component to select during installl?

lenovoideapadg550.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

WORKs .......> Great

Mac : Snow leopard universal 10.6 ver. 3.5 / with Dual boot with 7 Ultimate

I confirmed that my G550 Lenovo ... works good excpt ( Broadcom ethernet ) and ( Intel 5100 WiFi )

Sound works great ( Conexant ) By ====> AppleAzaliaAudio.pkg

Nvidia works great G 105M By ========> Latest Enabler_for_Nvidia_and_multiple_ATI_cards

and i gonna give u all I can as it is great forum :wacko:

AzaliaAudio.pkg.zip

Enabler_for_Nvidia_and_multiple_ATI_cards.rar

Just wanted to chime in and share my experience with installing osx on my g550 laptop. I have almost the exact same laptop as stated above. This post is a little long-winded and geared towards n00bs like myself :superman:.

Video: Nvidia 105m - this works flawlessly with the package provided by Moh_vista. I also have an external dell flat panel that osx detects automatically when plugging / unplugging it via hdmi.

Install method: I used the myhack installer method. Copied Snow Leopard to a usb stick via a vmware osx image. When installing initially choose ApplePS2Controller or your keyboard and trackpad won't work. After installing update the ApplePS2 kext to VoodooPS2 for better scrolling support for ALPS. If you have an external usb mouse and keyboard you don't have to worry about ApplePS2.

Upgrading to 10.6.2: Worked fine with no problems.

Installing kexts: You can install kexts in 2 different locations. 1) /Library/Extensions 2) /System/Library/Extensions. Make sure to run the pfix utility after installing kexts to make sure they are installed properly!

Audio: The audio works fine with VoodooHDA. At first I thought it wasn't working but then I had to go to sound preferences panel. Under the tab output it was defaulting to Digital Out. Change it to speakers. I could not get this to change automatically when plugging earphones in. Maybe another driver works better? Also the internal mic doesn't seem to work. Also the sound was only detected after I ran the pfix utility.

Power: With the supplied Voodoo kexts the battery and power management work fine. The battery icon in the bar correctly shows battery charge etc. However when closing the laptop lid osx hangs and only shows a black screen. Other than that osx has no trouble waking up etc.

Keyboard & Trackpad: This took me a while to figure out. I finally added an edited trackpad kext to the VoodooPS2Controller kext. Make sure that ApplePS2Controller is not in any of your extensions folders or it will act wonky. With the attached kext two finger scrolling, regular scrolling and tapping work fine. I could not get it to work with any other kexts. IMPORTANT: to get the trackpad to work first install the kext, run pfix then reboot. After that, replace the Trackpad prefPane in /System/Library/PreferencePanes with the supplied Trackpad.prefPane in the zip. After doing this Trackpad should show up in system preferences.

Internet: As stated wireless and wired does not work. I picked up this sweet mini adapter from ebay for only $18 + free shipping. It's wireless n capable and about the size of a penny.

Overall the g550 is a great hackintosh machine and running snow leopard on it is nearly flawless except the internet issues. I've included all the kexts mentioned in my post so you don't have to hunt them down. If you have any questions feel free to ask. If you have a better solution for the sound driver please tell! Thanks.

Download:

g550_osx_kexts.zip

I haven't had that problem. My only two complaints are

1) The alps touchpad. Synaptics is way more responsive.

2) The fn key being in the bottom left corner. As a programmer I use ctrl alot. I'm constantly pushing fn + key and wondering why it has no effect.

Other than that solid laptop.

can anyone help me...i've installed mac os 10.5.2 kalyway it worked just fine except i can't find Broadcom Netlink Driver,or some way to get the network adapter work.....my laptop is

lenovo g550,3gb ddr3, 320 gb ata hard disk,intel t4300 dual core processor 2.1 ghz.... :) ...i must tell you that i'm kind new in installing mac

I haven't had that problem. My only two complaints are

1) The alps touchpad. Synaptics is way more responsive.

2) The fn key being in the bottom left corner. As a programmer I use ctrl alot. I'm constantly pushing fn + key and wondering why it has no effect.

Other than that solid laptop.

Regarding your item #2 as a programmer you would benefit substantially from going to Systems Preferences, keyboard, modifier keys and remapping your caps lock key to be a ctrl key. If you use the terminal a lot this will make you 300% faster I promise. It takes some time to get used to like Sun Style 3 keyboards but I do this and it's much more productive. As a systems engineer/admin by remapping caps lock (useless key) to CTRL and using screen i am MUCH more efficient.

Just my .02 :)

I want to ask you, if you get the trackpad fully working. I can use it to move my cursor, but not to do the "left-click" with it. also the sound is not working yet.

But i must say, i got the wireless working :) after I finished with those 2 problems, I want to write a little guide how to use it as a real good hackbook

I think this too But i need to resolve the problems xD

I'm working 3 days with my Snow Leopard 10.6.2 Hackbook. There should be other people, who get Audio working. It can be also good if I start with my Blog-Post and then looking for the people :unsure:

I wanted to start a new topic for 10.6.2, but there was written, that i have not the right to do... Ok, so i wrote a guide in my personal block. I hope all want to help me to get this laptop fully working!

http://chems-chaos.de/2010/02/06/hackbook-...pard-dual-boot/ (only German)

http://chems-chaos.de/2010/02/06/hackbook-...6-0-auf-10-6-2/ (English and German)

Please contact me under the adress of my blog if you find bugs in my english language ;-)