IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext

IOAudioFamily.kext

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

OpenHaltRestart.kext

OSvKernDSPLib.kext

PlatformUUID.kext

SuperNForceATA.kext

VoodooHDA.kext

If you want i could send them too you ;)

This is my dsdt:

dsdt.aml.zip

No sorry i'm not sure...

You could try SleepEnabler.kext and see if that works?

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

Im using these kexts in my folder,

AppleVIAATA.kext

Disabler.kext

fakesmc.kext

IOAudioFamily.kext

OpenHaltRestart.kext

OSvKernDSPLib.kext

PlatformUUID.kext

SuperNForceATA.kext

VoodooHDA.kext

If you want i could send them too you :P

Can you please send them to me? there are a few in there I''d like to try instead

Who said amd dosnt have sse3? Just older ones dont

Also AMD was the first to adopt 64 bit.........

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_AMD_processors Look at the middle of k8 and on.

Please re-read my post. I specifically said that it doesn't support SSSE3 which is what is available in the Intel processors and allows full 64-bit functionality. I was hoping for an emulator for this so that AMD users could have full 64-bit including drivers eventually.

I find it unusual that you brought up the fact that AMD was the first to adopt 64-bit. First of all, it's not true. Intel had the Itanium in 2001, where AMD had it's first Opteron 64-bit in 2003. Second, the fact doesn't even apply to my post. AMD was the first with a x86 processor with 64-bit extensions though, whereas Intel's Itanium was purely 64-bit and was unable to run 32-bit applications.

Please re-read my post. I specifically said that it doesn't support SSSE3 which is what is available in the Intel processors and allows full 64-bit functionality. I was hoping for an emulator for this so that AMD users could have full 64-bit including drivers eventually.

I find it unusual that you brought up the fact that AMD was the first to adopt 64-bit. First of all, it's not true. Intel had the Itanium in 2001, where AMD had it's first Opteron 64-bit in 2003. Second, the fact doesn't even apply to my post. AMD was the first with a x86 processor with 64-bit extensions though, whereas Intel's Itanium was purely 64-bit and was unable to run 32-bit applications.

It also used IA-64 and not x86-64 that AMD did. So yes Intel was first to the 64bit BUT AMD was the first to make it mainstream.

"The term x86-64 is the original naming of a 64-bit extension to the x86 instruction set specified by Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) and implemented by AMD, Intel, VIA, and others. It extends the virtual and physical address spaces, doubles the width of the integer registers from 32 to 64 bits, increases the number of integer registers, and provides other enhancements. It is fully backwards compatible with 32-bit code without any performance loss. The generic term x86-64 is sometimes shortened to x64 as another vendor-neutral term for x86-64 processors from any company. AMD K8 was the first family of processors implementing the architecture (the first significant addition to the x86 architecture outside Intel). Intel was forced to follow suit and introduced a modified NetBurst family which was fully software-compatible with AMD's design and specification, despite some minor differences; this extended programming model and instruction set was initially referred to as IA-32e or EM64T in Intel's manuals and marketing. VIA Technologies introduced x86-64 in their VIA Isaiah architecture, first used in VIA Nano.

AMD later introduced the name AMD64 for marketing purposes; Intel introduced its Intel64 naming soon thereafter.

The x86-64 specification is distinct from the Intel Itanium (formerly IA-64) architecture, which is not compatible on the native instruction set level with either the x86 or x86-64 architectures."

Tried the 10.6.2 in my mach, runs good and fixed some random KPs i was having.

Im using these kexts in my folder,

AppleVIAATA.kext

Disabler.kext

fakesmc.kext

IOAudioFamily.kext

OpenHaltRestart.kext

OSvKernDSPLib.kext

PlatformUUID.kext

SuperNForceATA.kext

VoodooHDA.kext

If you want i could send them too you :)

Can you please send them to me? there are a few in there I''d like to try instead

Me too please mate, struggling to find kexts for a board similar to spalek83's. Where did you install them to? /S/L/E or /E/E?

wanted to report my results for this

works great on my D945GCLF, installed it before downloading and installing 10.6.2 for snow leopard and was able to update with no problems.

I've send a PM :)

Me too please mate, struggling to find kexts for a board similar to spalek83's. Where did you install them to? /S/L/E or /E/E?

I've send you a PM also!

I installed them in /E/E ;)

wanted to report my results for this

works great on my D945GCLF, installed it before downloading and installing 10.6.2 for snow leopard and was able to update with no problems.

please help i tried this on my d945gclf and i get a kernel panic when i restart heres what it looks like:

i also tried booting with -x and -f to no avail :thumbsup_anim:

post-167829-1259440940_thumb.jpg

post-167829-1259441331_thumb.jpg

please help i tried this on my d945gclf and i get a kernel panic when i restart heres what it looks like:

i also tried booting with -x and -f to no avail :)

That error looks like it's related to the sleepenabler kext file.

did you use the installer package that has the updated sleep enabler kext file with the new kernel?

that's what I used. I can upload you a copy of my current kext files if that would help?

That error looks like it's related to the sleepenabler kext file.

did you use the installer package that has the updated sleep enabler kext file with the new kernel?

that's what I used. I can upload you a copy of my current kext files if that would help?

yea i ran the one on your blog then downloaded and installed the update from apple.com.. not to sure how to fix this :)

yea i ran the one on your blog then downloaded and installed the update from apple.com.. not to sure how to fix this :)

I'm not sure how much help it will be but here are the extensions from my /extra folder

let me know if this helps, I feel bad that you had problems

Extensions.zip

I'm not sure how much help it will be but here are the extensions from my /extra folder

let me know if this helps, I feel bad that you had problems

well i just ended up reinstalling SL and am back on 10.6.1 i had tried it again and made sure to use the one with sleep enabler kext... i download the official one from the site..would it make any difference if i had uses software update? got same KP. i may try teas kernel or just wait it out since i just reinstalled all my stuff on my 10.6.1 but ty for the response!

It also used IA-64 and not x86-64 that AMD did. So yes Intel was first to the 64bit BUT AMD was the first to make it mainstream.

You got it completely wrong. IA-64 (aka Itanium) had little to do with x86 and it certainly WAS NOT the first (nor best) 64bit CPU. AMD made the necessary extensions to the old and {censored} but popular x86 platform that lead to AMD64 and then x86_64 (after Intel's unsucesssful try to forcing 64bit x86 as their achievement via Intel64).

you can get to it at this link.

http://nawcom.com/osx86/files/10.6/Kernels/10.2.0/

it looks like the site may have been changed to stop direct linking to the file

quick question.... i was running this prior to running the 10.6.2 combo updater on my atom....could this be why i was gettin the kp on reboot.. am i supposed to run it after the update/would it matter???

You can't use a custom kernel (what this is) and use the standard Apple update.

yes you can, with chameleon you have a com.apple.boot.plist in your extra folder and put the kernel in the root directory and make sure its a different name than mach_kernel and chameleon will boot that kernel everytime even with an update

• 2 weeks later...

Here's what I get when booting verbose after installing the 10.6.2 PKG after installation of SL 10.6.2 combo update.

after this error, the PC powers-off...

image602a.jpg

FYI:

- i have repaired permissions and the disk to no avail.

- i have tried running fsck repairs and it say's cannot read some sectors of the disk.