Toshiba Satellite Pro L300 issues on SnowOSX Universal 10.6 v3.5 disto: USB, Audio & Webcam

charlyv

1 post in this topic

Hi,

I have just installed Snow Leopard version OSX Universal 10.6 pc disto (http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5092130/SnowOSX_Universal_10.6_v3.5_pc_distro) on my Toshiba Satellite Pro L300 PSLB9A-00L0 (can't find exact details of this model on the internet).

The installation went really smoothly and once I access the desktop, every thing I do within the OS is very responsive and seems to work very well.

However, my USB ports do not work, which makes it impossible for me to access the internet as I use a USB Key Mobile Broadband connection and therefore from trying to solve the other issues I have (Webcam and Audio mainly). I do switch with Vista but this makes everything I try take ages.

I have tried to install different kexts that I thought may solve this issue but all of them cause my boot to fail systematically once I have put them in the Extension/Kexts drivers folder. I have to reinstall everytime.

When I launch this OS in diagnostic mode, I get this message within its content: 'EHCI controller failed to take control', and 'USB port not recognized' next to it or something (can't remember exactly the wording for this bit).

Has anyone any idea of how I should take it from there to find a solution or even better, know how to solve any of those issues?

Thank you in anticipation for any help.

Cheers, Charly

Certain specs for this model that may be useful:

Intel Pention T3200 Dual Core (2 Ghz)

Intel ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller

Chicony USB 2.0 Integrated Webcam

Real Hightek Definition Audio 6.0