Laptop trade?

rmriggin

17 posts in this topic

Wondering if anyone out there would be interested in trading their g4 laptop for my hp zd8000 laptop.

p4 2.8GHz hyperthreaded

17" widescreen (1440x900@32)

1GB DDR pc3200

80GB Hard Drive

128MB dedicated ATI x600

DVD+/-RW dual layer

card reader

firewire

network

wireless

usb2.0

svideo out

svga out

harmon kardon speakers

xp home

padlock aluminum briefcase

Laptop is in excellent condition. I would have liked to just get osx86 working on it, which is completely possible, but I do not have the time or expirience to get everything working how it should in osx.

is there a case for either of them? I was putting a feeler out there. Reason I suggested cash was because my laptop includes a lockable aluminum case, extra power supply, dual layer DVD burner, more RAM, larger screen... See what I am getting at? 12" is nice and portable and all but not what I would of had in mind. Maybe I should keep plugging away with my laptop, or maybe I need more convincing. Not trying to be rude or anything though.

I will try and snap some shots of my laptop when I get my camera back.

I would be looking for a macbook but I doubt if I could get someone to trade a macbook for my laptop. If anyone wants to I am completely fine with it though! Maybe I will just put my laptop on ebay and save some extra money to get a macbook.

That is prolly the best route. You're not gonna find anyone to trade a Macbook for that without extra money involved and you're not going to find a powerbook that you'd take as an even swap... I'd sell the laptop and buy a macbook... that's what i'm planning on doing myself.

Anyone with a g4 laptop with a screen larger than 12"? I would be more willing to trade for a g4 powermac if it had at least the 15" screen. I am still contemplating the trade for a 12" g4 powerbook..

I have an ipod video 30gb black with nice sony earbuds, dock, sync cable, and belkin n2 leather case. It is in excellent condition. Anyone interested in trading my laptop and my ipod for a macbook I am up for that.

Come to think of it I basically want any mac machine. I would consider a desktop trade also so anyone interested in trading a mac desktop or mac mini or something let me know. I am sorry that I am being a pain in the ass about making up my mind. I would have jumped all over a 12" powerbook if I could get over the fact that it is a slower machine with a lot less screen real estate than my current machine.

Once again sorry about my decision making skills.

that laptop is worth WAAAAY more than a G4 laptop. you should be able to sell it and get youself a macbookpro. just cuz something has apples name on it doesnt make it automatically extremely expensive. id say a 12 inch power book is worth about 400 dollars.

yeah, ebay should be good.

but where'd you get $400 from? Searching recently finished auctions on ebay shows that only broken powerbooks go for $400. Good condition ones go from $800 - $1000. My search on zd8000's with the same specs shows them selling for $900-$1000, so... not that different.

craigslist link probably doesn't work any more. Digicide & Fireshark, can you send me some pics of your g4 powerbooks? I have OSX running on my laptop now but I am really wanting to be able to use OSX in all of its glory. Do either of you have any extras with your powerbooks? I am obvioulsy most likely to choose the faster and more featured of either of the powerbooks you guys offered.

PM me with details.

• 2 weeks later...