Universal Requests?

ptaylor

228 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
Well... I've gotten as far as getting the mac OSX source code for Visual Boy Advance to compile as an Intel binary. Unfortunately when I load games I just get a blank screen.

Hrmn....

I don't know if you got it to work, yet, but I was able to solve the "blank screen" issue by getting info on the updated VBA build target and removing WORDS_BIGENDIAN=1 from the "Preprocessor Macros" line. (Makes sense, I suppose....)

Sorry if this got covered already in another thread or something; I'm too caught up in the joy of having it work!

[Edit: Maybe I spoke too soon; it works with some ROM images, but not all. Progress....]

[Edit 2: The ROMs I had that break it are GZip compressed; uncompressing them makes them work.]

May I ask where you found the source for VBA on their site? It seems pretty well hidden :P

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=63889

I used the 1.7.2 source (the latest non-beta version) for the non-OS X-specific parts. The 1.7.4 xcode project is under 1.7.1 for some reason (I'm assuming this is because 1.7.4 is an OS X-only version that used the platform-independent 1.7.1 source).

SDL (edit: and libpng) still needs to be installed and built, though, and you'll need to "upgrade" the VBA build target, remove the references to GCC 3.3, and make sure that the "Architectures" build setting is set to $(NATIVE_ARCH) (or "i386 ppc" if you want to build universal).

(Aside: This has got me totally motivated now, and I think I might spend some time cleaning up the UI a bit and seeing if I can fix some other issues. I might not have the patience or current skills to do this now, but I can sure try...).

Edit 2 (after the below post): I forgot this: You will also need to go to the "Rules" tab of the target's info window and delete all of the rules pointing to GCC 3.x.

I can't get it to compile.. "Command /Developer/Private/Jam failed with exit code 1" i fixed everything I believe, so I have no idea :/

EDIT: It won't compile openfile.mm.. no idea why.

EDIT 2: WTF? It keeps jumping between openfile.mm and flash.cpp..this is driving me insane!

Native Instruments Traktor DJ Studio/

this is only one program, what i now use in WIn, and because all my music an FAT partition ;)

but i have no another choice/

and nobody know how long NI will make a UB version.

DesktopManager please! I couldn't get it to compile on DarwinPorts and I know someone has made an x86 version of it but I can't find it anywhere...all the sites are down. If you could make that it would be super :D

i have desktop manager running fine on 10.4.5.. if you have QE supported on your card, youll get the spiffy effect.. if not, youll just get a screen change.

the 0.5.2 on the darwinports site does not work.. but the 0.5.3 version on the homepage does work.

http://desktopmanager.berlios.de/

also the 0.6 version works, but is a bit more flaky.

good luck and have fun.

I'd like DesktopManager ported too, but then again I'd like another feature added to it - starting up when the computer starts up. Virtue Desktops sucks compared to Desktop Manager... soo many features that make DesktopManager great are left out by Virtue desktop's dev.

• 2 weeks later...
I can't get it to compile.. "Command /Developer/Private/Jam failed with exit code 1" i fixed everything I believe, so I have no idea :/

EDIT: It won't compile openfile.mm.. no idea why.

EDIT 2: WTF? It keeps jumping between openfile.mm and flash.cpp..this is driving me insane!

Did you guys try the VBA port listed here on this page?

It seems this guy has been busy porting emulation type stuff to mactel.

• 2 months later...