Flip4mac universal binary beta now released...

cyberheater

25 posts in this topic

Unfortunately, i'm not on the beta but if some kind soul who is can tell me how it performs on wmv-hd material I would be greatfull.

Ta.

its about time they came out with a beta! (even if it is only for subscribers) i normally play non qt supported files in vlc but its dead slow with no opengl acceleration and qt is much faster.. only problem is in order to use flip4mac, i previously had to use rosetta which made qt take a huge performance hit.

so far it's been working pretty crappy. Every site i load with WMV with the exception of cnn.com isn't working and crashes safari.

FYI I just got a B on my Con Law final. Yes. I'm thrilled.

technobob, does it work even on windowsmedia.com?

No problems with windowsmedia.com no crashes, the only site I found it does not work well with is aol.com but who cares about aol.com anyways.

i have problems to load gametrailers.com (when chose wmv to play, the browser just crashes)

also runs like a chewbaca too here in QT (no qe or ci)

my QT is 7.0.0 and i didn't install new bomb version since it messup with my whole system

tomorow i will update again to 10.4.6 and QT from software update, so i see if it could run wmv files fine under QT.

You have to remove the popwire components from the quicktime directory to stop safari from crashing.

You have to remove just the PopwireWMV-9Import.component from Library/Quicktime. You don't need to remove the Popwire Export component.

btw my Firefox still doesn't work with any embedded media, like I hadn't installed Flip4Mac.

I'll let you know if I solve this problem

Anyone have a non-rapidshare link for it? I'm getting an error saying that the rapidshare download server that it is on is down for maintenance.

You can find it on Demonoid and BrokenStones

works great on my new fresh 10.4.6 install

firefox didn't crashes anymore, quicktime runs videos fine

but to work like that i didn't install popwire

it do conflicts with flip4mac.

I had popwire installed and installed flip4mac over it. No problems. I can view wmvs in safari just fine. The only thing I see is that when the safari window is not selected the video gets slow and jumpy. That's probably normal.