Buggy Snow Leopard

dawiinci

4 posts in this topic

I have some minor problems with my Snow Leo.

1. When I press cmd+w to close a tab in Safari the system gives sometimes just a sound. When I have 10 tabs open I can close 4 then it doesn't work on the first try and the rest closes normal. Does anyone have this problem and how can I repair this?

I do use xGestures. The same problem is with the gestures. Sometimes they work sometimes not.

2. Sleep doesn't work. When I put the system to sleep it immediately wakes up by a request of the LAN. How can I disable wake-up on LAN?

3. When I boot SL it says almost everytime I boot it can't find the user folder. All settings then are on factory defaults. However, if I then restart the system finds the user folder. The folder is in both cases accessible. So it should find it. I have moved the user folder to an other Partition (same HDD). For this I edited the path in "user accounts".

Thank you for any help!

dawiinci

1. Things happen on a Hackintosh

2. have a look in the Systemconfiguration (Power)

3. just don't do that ... never move a User folder !

1. Yes things happen. It worked with Leopard so it could even be a problem of 10.6.1

2. There is nothing about LAN

3. Worked with Leopard. ;) Well I know that but I just need more Space!

1. Yes things happen. It worked with Leopard so it could even be a problem of 10.6.1

2. There is nothing about LAN

3. Worked with Leopard. :P Well I know that but I just need more Space!

2. I installed this File in /Extra. Standby works now!

com.apple.DumpPanic[36] DumpPanic[36:107] Error getting a reference to IODeviceTree:/options

KERNEL PANIC!

So this doesn't work either.