Vanilla Install on MSI Wind

238 posts in this topic

Hey appreciate the guide, I followed it from start to finish to a T yet i get this when I try to boot from the internal hd by itself, (without the USB installer).

Boot0: GPT

Boot0: testing

Boot0: done

Boot1: error

I dont have anything fancy going on, it's just OS X on this U100, AHCI enabled/disabled in BIOS didnt change a thing, set to enabled at the moment.

I CAN boot into my snow leopard desktop off the internal HD if I keep the USB installer plugged in, boot from it, and interrupt chameleon to pick my internal HD.

I can't understand what's wrong. If anyone here could help I'd really be thankful!

• 2 weeks later...
Hey appreciate the guide, I followed it from start to finish to a T yet i get this when I try to boot from the internal hd by itself, (without the USB installer).

Boot0: GPT

Boot0: testing

Boot0: done

Boot1: error

I dont have anything fancy going on, it's just OS X on this U100, AHCI enabled/disabled in BIOS didnt change a thing, set to enabled at the moment.

I CAN boot into my snow leopard desktop off the internal HD if I keep the USB installer plugged in, boot from it, and interrupt chameleon to pick my internal HD.

I can't understand what's wrong. If anyone here could help I'd really be thankful!

You haven't installed Chameleon fully onto your internal drive. This step is missing.

dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdiskXsX

where X is the disk and partition number respectively of where you want your bootloader to be; either your EFI partition or your SL partition. Basically wherever you have your Extra folder.

• 2 weeks later...

I was very interested in using dashboard widget "deep sleep", to be able to hibernate (like windows) my wind under snow leopard.

Below is the link to download the widget:

Download Deep Sleep

Unfortunately, after hiberting and restarting, I get the message: "Not enough space to restore image. Press any key to proceed with normal boot."...

I follow also this guide http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php?topic=562.0 and recompile la last Chameleon 2.0 RC4 sources.

Find below the binaries of Chameleon 2.0 RC4 with deepsleep fixed!

Chameleon_2.0_RC4_r684_deepsleep_bin.tar.gz

You can now use the below EFI tutorial from Dalton63841 with last Chameleon bootloader and deep sleep (hibernate mode) fixed:

EFI tutorial

Hope this will be useful for somebody!!

Joe.

Hi,

Tried on MSI U120. Everything appeared to install properly. When I reboot. The system appears to be loading. Then a screen pops up saying "You need to restart your computer. Hold down pwoer button". The machine keeps on doing this. I have powered off and on 5 times in a row? Any suggestions?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi! I had a perfectly working 10.6 installation on my MSI Wind U100 with Broadcom BCM4312.

I have now the effect that it doesn´t get acctivated anymore when i activate Airport.

The card gets recognized by the kernel and shows up in system profiler under Airport as Third-Party Wireless Card.

Does anyone what i can test or do to reanimate my wireless network?

I have no clue what went wrong. I did´t change anything for weeks.

Thanks in advance!

Try this and see if it helps: http://insanelywind.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1104

Hi! I had a perfectly working 10.6 installation on my MSI Wind U100 with Broadcom BCM4312.

I have now the effect that it doesn´t get acctivated anymore when i activate Airport.

The card gets recognized by the kernel and shows up in system profiler under Airport as Third-Party Wireless Card.

Does anyone what i can test or do to reanimate my wireless network?

I have no clue what went wrong. I did´t change anything for weeks.

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

I found a simple solution to my problems. I bootet into chameleon with "> mach_kernel -x"

That erased all cached blabla files. After rebooting without -x everything was fine again.

Can someone explain to me what really happened behind the scenes?

thx!

• 2 months later...
Am I the only one with a RALink WLAN card going for 10.6?

I'm trying too.. Ethernet works, but I cannot find any info about getting 10.6.1 to work with RALink.

If I do I will post.. For now hardwire will have to do...

• 3 months later...

Folks:

I *think* I've checked everywhere I should, but have found no solution to my problem. I've followed the guide step by step and have had no problem creating a properly-partitioned USB stick with a Leopard install on it (with one exception - Disk Utility won't let me create a partition without naming it).

On booting the MSI from the stick, the MSI goes through the grey Apple screen to the purple-stars OSX Leopard background, and then it hangs -- I see the "beachball", but never get anything else.

Any ideas about what is happening here?