• Please log in to reply
237 replies to this topic

Fac1

Fac1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
A new Wind was recently released, the U210, would this method work on it? The key difference is that it's using an AMD Neo now rather than an Intel Atom... I'm guessing not, but may as well get confirmation.

beland

beland

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:pc/mac hardware performance

I performed the update on my MSI Wind U100 in the following manner:

thanks. I'm now on 10.6.2 board. The only tiny annoying thing is it says now under Abt this mac - Intel Core Solo o_O ... is this value injected?

update: GOT clarification from teateam - this value IS hardcoded instead of being identified. so don't worry and try to find bugs. it's a feature!

Patch the AppleIntelGMA950.kext using the 27ae.sh script provided by the vanilla distribution (I am not sure this step is necessary).

for me it WAS necessary. booting after replacing sleepenabler and kexts update without 27ae repatch results 800x600 only

UPDATE: found tricky issue with sound under 10.6.2. randomly when putting smthing to trash 'jam'-sound becomes faltering and immediately then comes kp... weird... other than that found no problems till now... (using voodoohda 2.35 with pink/fixed mic switch taken earlier from msiwind.net with no issues till 10.6.2)

moses5407

moses5407

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

1. Yes you can.

2. Dont set it to automatically set date and time. Choose your time zone and google osx/Windows time sync.

You can install Windows 7 and Im pretty sure Vista in dual boot on GPT, just not XP.

The only virtualization that works halfway decent is Virtualbox.

Yes SnowyOSX will be able to install to MBR, so dual boot will work fine.

Wow! There's So much info under this topic and it's hard to find a clear path.
I have an Msi Wind currently dual booting Leopard and XP..and I need XP, unfortunately.

I see that SnowyOSX can handle this..but can't find it. Can you point me in teh right direction for the file and instructions?

pardon if I missed it rummaging thru the forum.

Thanks!

janusnori

janusnori

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

So I redid the whole thing and I'm stuck here again. Any ideas what would cause this?

Do I have to copy the files mentioned in the EFI Tutorial (the Vanilla folder & the Chameleon binaries) somewhere special? I'm wondering if trying to run the scripts off the USB is causing the issue.

I still don't see sudo or su anywhere. Is the BSD subsystem not installed by default? I'm using a retail version of SL 10.6.

Any ideas? I'm starting to regret getting rid of my MSI Wind distro w/ 10.5.8 now...help!! :thumbsup_anim:

I'm having the exact same problem and it's driving me crazy! I can't figure out what I am doing wrong that prevents me from loading the kexts that everyone else seems to be loading just fine.

dreamfreak

dreamfreak

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi Dalton,
will you post an upgrade guide with kext dl or installer for 10.6.2
is everything working well under 10.6.2 ?

thx a lot - you´re the best

silverh20

silverh20

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey appreciate the guide, I followed it from start to finish to a T yet i get this when I try to boot from the internal hd by itself, (without the USB installer).

Boot0: GPT
Boot0: testing
Boot0: done
Boot1: error

I dont have anything fancy going on, it's just OS X on this U100, AHCI enabled/disabled in BIOS didnt change a thing, set to enabled at the moment.

I CAN boot into my snow leopard desktop off the internal HD if I keep the USB installer plugged in, boot from it, and interrupt chameleon to pick my internal HD.

I can't understand what's wrong. If anyone here could help I'd really be thankful!

cremedelacremex8

cremedelacremex8

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
edit: ok, wifi works.
what's about the keyboard layout?

for ex., how can I write ~, <, >

splonk

splonk

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Hey appreciate the guide, I followed it from start to finish to a T yet i get this when I try to boot from the internal hd by itself, (without the USB installer).

Boot0: GPT
Boot0: testing
Boot0: done
Boot1: error

I dont have anything fancy going on, it's just OS X on this U100, AHCI enabled/disabled in BIOS didnt change a thing, set to enabled at the moment.

I CAN boot into my snow leopard desktop off the internal HD if I keep the USB installer plugged in, boot from it, and interrupt chameleon to pick my internal HD.

I can't understand what's wrong. If anyone here could help I'd really be thankful!

You haven't installed Chameleon fully onto your internal drive. This step is missing.

dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdiskXsX

where X is the disk and partition number respectively of where you want your bootloader to be; either your EFI partition or your SL partition. Basically wherever you have your Extra folder.

cremedelacremex8

cremedelacremex8

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
After the installation my touchpad worked. then I did the commands with my MX518 plugged in and now my touchpad doesn't work, only the MX518, if plugged in.

joedelabush

joedelabush

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Dalton63841, thanks for your very precise tuto!

Install SL without problems on my Wind u100.

Thank you for your great job.

Joe

joedelabush

joedelabush

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
I was very interested in using dashboard widget "deep sleep", to be able to hibernate (like windows) my wind under snow leopard.

Below is the link to download the widget:
Download Deep Sleep

Unfortunately, after hiberting and restarting, I get the message: "Not enough space to restore image. Press any key to proceed with normal boot."...

I follow also this guide http://forum.voodoop...php?topic=562.0 and recompile la last Chameleon 2.0 RC4 sources.

Find below the binaries of Chameleon 2.0 RC4 with deepsleep fixed!

Attached File  Chameleon_2.0_RC4_r684_deepsleep_bin.tar.gz   749.25KB   73 downloads

You can now use the below EFI tutorial from Dalton63841 with last Chameleon bootloader and deep sleep (hibernate mode) fixed:

EFI tutorial

Hope this will be useful for somebody!!

Joe.

argneka

argneka

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

Tried on MSI U120. Everything appeared to install properly. When I reboot. The system appears to be loading. Then a screen pops up saying "You need to restart your computer. Hold down pwoer button". The machine keeps on doing this. I have powered off and on 5 times in a row? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Dalton63841

Dalton63841

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts
For anything msiwind or msi wind clone related go here: www.insanelywind.com/forum

Nyarlat

Nyarlat

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi! I had a perfectly working 10.6 installation on my MSI Wind U100 with Broadcom BCM4312.
I have now the effect that it doesn´t get acctivated anymore when i activate Airport.
The card gets recognized by the kernel and shows up in system profiler under Airport as Third-Party Wireless Card.

Does anyone what i can test or do to reanimate my wireless network?
I have no clue what went wrong. I did´t change anything for weeks.

Thanks in advance!

Dalton63841

Dalton63841

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts
Try this and see if it helps: http://insanelywind....php?f=10&t=1104

Hi! I had a perfectly working 10.6 installation on my MSI Wind U100 with Broadcom BCM4312.
I have now the effect that it doesn´t get acctivated anymore when i activate Airport.
The card gets recognized by the kernel and shows up in system profiler under Airport as Third-Party Wireless Card.

Does anyone what i can test or do to reanimate my wireless network?
I have no clue what went wrong. I did´t change anything for weeks.

Thanks in advance!

Nyarlat

Nyarlat

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I found a simple solution to my problems. I bootet into chameleon with "> mach_kernel -x"
That erased all cached blabla files. After rebooting without -x everything was fine again.

Can someone explain to me what really happened behind the scenes?

thx!

redboy33

redboy33

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Am I the only one with a RALink WLAN card going for 10.6?

I'm trying too.. Ethernet works, but I cannot find any info about getting 10.6.1 to work with RALink.

If I do I will post.. For now hardwire will have to do...

tbruce0

tbruce0

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Folks:

I *think* I've checked everywhere I should, but have found no solution to my problem. I've followed the guide step by step and have had no problem creating a properly-partitioned USB stick with a Leopard install on it (with one exception - Disk Utility won't let me create a partition without naming it).

On booting the MSI from the stick, the MSI goes through the grey Apple screen to the purple-stars OSX Leopard background, and then it hangs -- I see the "beachball", but never get anything else.

Any ideas about what is happening here?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy