Install from a Mac system with only a single 8gb usb flash drive or SD card.
1. Open Disk Utility and format a flash drive (min. 8gb) with 2 partitions, both Mac OS Journaled. one 200mb, and the other to fill the rest of the drive. Make sure to click the Options button and set it to Master Boot Record and not GPT. name the first 200mb partition BOOTLOADER, and leave the other unnamed.
2. In Disk Utility Click on the Restore tab. Set the unnamed partition as the Destination. Mount the Snow ISO, and on the left column right click the mounted Snow image and click "Set as Source". Now click restore and wait for it to finish.
3. After it finishes close Disk Utility and run my modified Chameleon 2 RC3.pkg. When it asks for the Destination point it to the BOOTLOADER partition.
4. Reboot, hit F11, and begin installing. When it is finished it will say "Install Failed". Ignore that. It only says that because there is no bootloader on the hard drive yet.
Chameleon_2_RC3.zip 818.09KB 3470 downloads
Thanks to Dr. Hurt. Only by modifying his installer could I make the process this easy.
This tutorial was written by 18seven from the msiwind.net forums. Credit to Munky for pioneering this process. With the forums down I decided to post it here in case it is needed. First off you need to download this: Vanilla.zip 864.2KB 2508 downloads This should only be performed on a fresh retail install on a GUID partition scheme with no bootloader installed. You also need to download the Chameleon 2 RC3 binaries here: http://staticanime.n...r658-bin.tar.gz
1. Check to see what disk number your internal hard drive is. (With GPT it can change)
sudo -s diskutil list
2. Format the EFI partition. From here on the capital X will be the disk number of the internal drive(Usually 0).:
newfs_hfs -v EFI /dev/diskXs1
3. Mount EFI partition:
mkdir /Volumes/EFI mount_hfs /dev/diskXs1 /Volumes/EFI
4. Create file structure:
mkdir -p /Volumes/EFI/Extra/Extensions mkdir /Volumes/EFI/Extra/Themes
5. Install Chameleon 2 RC3:
cd ~/Downloads/Chameleon-2.0-RC3-r658-bin/i386 fdisk -f boot0 -u -y /dev/rdiskX sudo dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdiskXs1 sudo cp boot /Volumes/EFI cd ~/Downloads/Chameleon-2.0-RC3-r658-bin/Optional\ Extras cp -R Themes smbios.plist /Volumes/EFI/Extra/
6. Unmount EFI partition:
umount -f /Volumes/EFI rm -rf /Volumes/EFI
7. Mark EFI partition active:
fdisk -e /dev/diskX p f 1 w y q
8. Load kexts:
cd ~/Downloads/Vanilla/EFIkext ./27ae.sh ./update.sh
9. Load com.apple.Boot.plist:
cd ~/Downloads/Vanilla/boot.plist ./update.sh
If you want Sleep on Lid Close you have two choices. One is DSDT patching. The other is ClamshellDisplay,kext. For ClamshellDisplay.kext open terminal and type:
mv *.kext ~/Downloads/Vanilla/SLEkext/