Few minor problems...

zerohour

15 posts in this topic

Hi everyone

installed SL on my Fujitsu Siemens Li2727

Chameleon loader works fine

however I am obviously missing a few kexts as I have a few problems

1. Keyboard and synaptec touchpad not working (good job I have a USB iMac keyboard and mouse) -not vital but irritating

2. No sound -realtec AC97

3. No wireless -atheros driver required - this was terrible under leopard so not too worried as Ethernet working fine

surely there is some way of correcting this ...

Software update worked fine so currently using 10.6.1

cheers in advance

Hi everyone

installed SL on my Fujitsu Siemens Li2727

Chameleon loader works fine

however I am obviously missing a few kexts as I have a few problems

1. Keyboard and synaptec touchpad not working (good job I have a USB iMac keyboard and mouse) -not vital but irritating

2. No sound -realtec AC97

3. No wireless -atheros driver required - this was terrible under leopard so not too worried as Ethernet working fine

surely there is some way of correcting this ...

Software update worked fine so currently using 10.6.1

cheers in advance

hi

keyboard and touchpad, you need AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext & ApplePS2Controller.kext BUT i suggest using Voodoo_PS2_Controller (with 2 finger scroll etc.), find it here or google it, maybe there are newer kext's out there.

sound, use voodoohda in /S/L/E

wireless, atheros should work out of the box (in 32bit mode only)

:)

hi

keyboard and touchpad, you need AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext & ApplePS2Controller.kext BUT i suggest using Voodoo_PS2_Controller (with 2 finger scroll etc.), find it here or google it, maybe there are newer kext's out there.

sound, use voodoohda in /S/L/E

wireless, atheros should work out of the box (in 32bit mode only)

:(

cheers bertmannaustria

keyboard and mouse working as is sound

still can't get wireless working but it's the notorious 5007eg chipset... Someone said it works with Kismac but temperomental ... Can this work with SL ?

cheers bertmannaustria

keyboard and mouse working as is sound

still can't get wireless working but it's the notorious 5007eg chipset... Someone said it works with Kismac but temperomental ... Can this work with SL ?

hmm 5007eg and snow leopard won't work well together, the kismac method is very sloppy ;)

i'm sorry but i think, you should get another wlan card (mostly broadcom), if it's a mini pci express, you can look here

maybe the 5007eg will get support someday, but i think not ... :)

Just ordered apple broadcom card so when it arrives I should be able to go wireless ;)

ya it should run perfectly, but if it won't show up as airport you have to delete

• com.apple.airport.preferences.plist
  • com.apple.network.identification.plist
  • Networkinterfaces.plist

placed in /Library/Preferences/Systemconfiguration/

Once again you come up with the goods ... Well I admit I did have to upgrade Bios to get it to work but once that happened I did as you said and it turned on.

You are probably fed up of me but now it keeps timing out on connection when I enter my wireless password any suggestions ?

Once again you come up with the goods ... Well I admit I did have to upgrade Bios to get it to work but once that happened I did as you said and it turned on.

You are probably fed up of me but now it keeps timing out on connection when I enter my wireless password any suggestions ?

hmm there could be many reasons why you can't connect

first of all, try to change security preferences on your router

try to connect with WEP, WPA and without encrytion

Had it connected to the wrong antenna connector ... doh :wacko:

All working good now ... All i wait for now is 10.6.2 which should hopefully have the 64bit X3100 drivers (yeah they work fine in 32bit mode)

Cheers bertmannaustria you are a life saver

Had it connected to the wrong antenna connector ... doh :)

All working good now ... All i wait for now is 10.6.2 which should hopefully have the 64bit X3100 drivers (yeah they work fine in 32bit mode)

Cheers bertmannaustria you are a life saver

Oops :)

hmm i tought the vanilla snow leopard drivers for gma X3100 are already 64 bit

The driver works fine in 32 bit mode. The 64bit one was delayed apparently the 10.6.2 beta has a working driver (alledgedly) as several of the early MacBooks have the same problem.

okay, i don't know much about intel graphics and it's driver frameworks but i hope for you, that 10.6.2 will contain good working 64bit drivers