Dell Optiplex GX520

TheSnuke

136 posts in this topic

update: i installed using retail dvd 10a432 on an 8gb usb and myhack 1.1, but it still hangs on the apple logo. i think it is a problem with bios settings. what settings are recommended?

edit=

TRANSFER TO OPTIPLEX -- Plug in USB "Install" to your Dell Optiplex. Boot dell and enter Bios (tap F2 key while starting) Under Drives/Sata operation choose Combination, save and exit bios now Tap F12 to enter boot options, choose USB device. When you see the Chameleon Boot loader screen tap the space bar and type -v If the boot hangs this will help. Be patient the first boot always take time.

You should get to the OS X setup screen, you will not have sound or ethernet or accelerated graphics yet, will fix that later.

FINALLY booted from usb through f12 but how much time it will take to boot and go into setup screen? it seems stuck at jnl: disk0s10: journal replay done. (through -v)

logs=kernel.txtsystem.txt

update: i installed using retail dvd 10a432 on an 8gb usb and myhack 1.1, but it still hangs on the apple logo. i think it is a problem with bios settings. what settings are recommended?

edit=

FINALLY booted from usb through f12 but how much time it will take to boot and go into setup screen? it seems stuck at jnl: disk0s10: journal replay done. (through -v)

logs=kernel.txtsystem.txt

Not sure what your problem is. Seeing it stuck on disk0s10, try turning the internal drive off in bios. Should boot to set up screen within a few minutes, give it ten minuets I guess, if it has not booted then it is probably not going to. Bios options are default in all sections.

Do you have anything in the PCI ports or anything in serial and parallel ports? Or anything else in USB ports apart from mouse, keyboard and External drive?

Not sure what your problem is. Seeing it stuck on disk0s10, try turning the internal drive off in bios. Should boot to set up screen within a few minutes, give it ten minuets I guess, if it has not booted then it is probably not going to. Bios options are default in all sections.

Do you have anything in the PCI ports or anything in serial and parallel ports? Or anything else in USB ports apart from mouse, keyboard and External drive?

Hey, finally booted from usb !!!! in snow leopard 10.6.0 ! Thanks for the method. :glare:

I cloned usb to internal sata through disk utility but easybcd chameleon doesnt boot to sl.

- Now i am finding a way to directly boot into SL partition so i see the myhack chemeleon

Hey, finally booted from usb !!!! in snow leopard 10.6.0 ! Thanks for the method. :(

I cloned usb to internal sata through disk utility but easybcd chameleon doesnt boot to sl.

- Now i am finding a way to directly boot into SL partition so i see the myhack chemeleon

Cloning doesn't copy the boot loader (Chameleon)

i reinstalled chameleon to sl drive but after reboot there is a black screen only. so i fixed the mbr through win 7 repair disc. however i can boot into sl through usb myhack chameleon but not from easybcd chameleon. i want a way so that mbr is pointed to myhack on my internal sata!

i reinstalled chameleon to sl drive but after reboot there is a black screen only. so i fixed the mbr through win 7 repair disc. however i can boot into sl through usb myhack chameleon but not from easybcd chameleon. i want a way so that mbr is pointed to myhack on my internal sata!

Sorry, I don't use EasyBCD. Somebody else may be able to help.