weird issue with graphics and wifi/lan

coconup

1 post in this topic

so I upgraded to snow leopard without significant problems. I'm running retail 10.6.1 with pcefi 10.3 booting from the efi partition. the annoying issue I'm experiencing is I can't get my x3100 graphics to work at full res in 64bit mode since apple didn't include the drivers in the 64bit kernel while I can't get wifi (dell 1490 or bcm4312) and ethernet to work in 32bit..

the wifi card actually scans for networks and properly connects even getting the correct IP and appearing as 'connected' in system preferences, but then firefox and everything else just say 'cannot open page check your internet connection'. while booting in 64bit the wifi and ethernet just work as they used to work in leopard, and there's apparently no difference in system profiler or registry explorer between the card working in 64 and 32 bit..

btw I actually upgraded to 10.6, so I began installing it from leopard as you would on a mac without swapping usb keys, partitioning or anything like that, just plugged the cd and upgraded..

any suggestion?