Which wireless cards (mini pci-e) can be best used for Snow Leopard?

oetkaa

37 posts in this topic

sorry,hope i'm not OT but... i have bcm94321mc on snow leopard but it doesn't work! i can see airport empty icon in menubar (next to the clock) but when i try to turn it ON nothing happens... please help!! :(

I Have the same card (non apple bcm94321) and get the same behaviour in Snow Leo.

I have since ordered official apple card same chipset to try.

Why this card is recognized in SL sucessfully loads kext yet won't power on I'll never know.

I Have the same card (non apple bcm94321) and get the same behaviour in Snow Leo.

I have since ordered official apple card same chipset to try.

Why this card is recognized in SL sucessfully loads kext yet won't power on I'll never know.

Here is method for always turn on wifi, no matter whats your Operating system...

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&p=510044

Here is method for always turn on wifi, no matter whats your Operating system...

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&p=510044

I can confirm that this has worked for me and a few others.

Thank you for pointing this method out !

Who would have thought the fix would have been sticky take and a razor blade !

We now have 1/2 height cards working native in SL !

• 1 month later...

Are any of these working in 10.6.2? I've been out of the loop for a while, but bought a AR5BXB6 a couple months back from suggestion here. Worked great with no editing for 10.6 and 10.6.1 and all other OS.

10.6.2 all I had to do was switch from dsmos to fakesmc and everything else seemed to keep working, but no wifi. During boot it won't mention it at all.

I've been attempting to make sense to this AtherosFix.kext and think I have it right but still nothing gets mentioned during boot and after boot in System Configuration it shows an AirPort as 'off' and hitting 'turn AirPort on' does nothing.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I see that there haven't been any posts on here for a week or so now, but I am looking specifically for a half-height card (to fit a Dell Mini 10v).

As far as I can see, none of those listed in the first post meet this criteria, so any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Edit: Sorry... I see that this question was actually asked earlier! I was wondering however whether or not the 'standard' Dell WLAN 1397 (802.11 b/g) card (which I believe is actually a rebadged Broadcom card) - or better still their 1510 card - might just be Snow Leopard 10.6.2 compatible!

Thanks for the help guys! I've bought a Broadcom BCM94321MC (not official apple mini pci-e) and I apparently their aren't many other mini pci-e cards that work under snow leopard (on this moment). I'll test the card when it's in and give the results in this topic.

In abouth a month I'll update the topic when their are more mini pci-e cards compatible with snow leopard. So if you find any please post so the list can be updated!

hey oetkaa, Just wondering how you went with your bcm94321mc. does it wor with 10.6.2?

ok im almost at an end with this thing.

i have purchased an ar5bxb6 from ebay in hope it will work.

loaded it up and nothing comes up! tried adding the string and repairing permissions etc no luck.

i have an aspire 6930g if that helps.

distro: SnowOSX Universal 10.6 v3.5 pc distro

wifi card: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT

if someone could help me it would be amazing!

• 3 months later...

purchased Broadcom BCM94321MC and installed it into my Acer Aspire One 531h (ZG8) with snow leopard 10.6.3 and it freezes up after the OS loads. i get to the main desktop but then nothing is clickable and nothing works, i do see the airport icon in the task bar sometimes, but other times it just freezes up. any suggestions?