• Please log in to reply
1709 replies to this topic

fusion71au

fusion71au

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

I used a brute force method to restore fully functioning sleep on my XPSm1530 for 10.9.2.

1. Renamed mach_kernel in root ----> OG.mach_kernel
  2. Renamed /System/Library/Extensions ----> System/Library/OG.Extensions
  3. Copied 10.9.1 mach_kernel to the root directory
  4. Copied S/L/E from a working 10.9.1 install on USB hard drive to System/Library folder (this included regressed AppleACPIPlatform.kext 1.1MB size)
  5. Repaired permissions with Disk Utility
  6. Booted into Mavericks without caches with Clover

About This Mac still shows system as 10.9.2 and system as up to date

Attached File  Screen Shot 2014-03-16 at 8.44.02 pm.png   816.81KB   4 downloads

System still fixed with regard to the "gotofail" bug like "proper" 10.9.2

Attached File  Screen Shot 2014-03-16 at 9.27.10 pm.png   136.53KB   4 downloads

Sleep returned to 100% normal and all applications, iMessage, iCloud etc still work.  Thank god for backups :D.

If you don't have a backup copy of 10.9.1 S/L/E and mach_kernel from a working install or backup, you could use Pacifist to extract these files and folders from a copy of 10.9.0 or 10.9.1 Install OS X Mavericks.app as shown below....

Attached File  Screen Shot 2014-03-16 at 9.41.32 pm.png   195.39KB   3 downloads

indiandragon

indiandragon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Interests:Developer, Hacker, Researcher

Thanks Mirko :).

Unfortunately the XPS m1530 looks like the odd one out here...from previous reports, the m1330 and Inspiron 1520, 1720 etc all have working sleep with the native Mavericks AppleACPIPlatform.kext.  For the m1530, you only get one successful sleep-wake cycle.

Anyway on the bright side, the XPSm1530 does have working shutdown compared to its siblings :P .

As you said going to sleep has never been a issue in Inspiron 1520, but shutdown and occasional wake up yes  :blush: . Can’t deny, shutting down the machine with power button like IBM cyrix time’s are bit tedious. If we forget to hard power off the system, the system goes into  what I call the 'heater mode ‘ with display ‘off’ and processor halted  :P  (But what actually is generating heat ?) But I never actually tried to dive deep into the shutdown issue. If anyone else is interested let me know.

Wake up from sleep breaks occasionally and the system goes into heater mode or the system tries to wake up from sleep by itself on quite few occasions and goes into heater mode again. So I’ve decided not to use sleep again in order to prevent hardware damage.

Please find the updated AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext for 10.9.2 

AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext Version - 100.14.15 (8600mGT, probably 8400mGT also)

Attached File  AGPM_Patched_100.14.15_8600mGT.zip   52.4KB   7 downloads

---------x-----------------------------------------------------------------------x

Tried Clover at last !

At last got a chance to try Clover on my Friend’s Lenovo G580 . Had some trouble initially with getting used to EFI, so used legacy mode (our mode :P) to install Mavericks. But later cleared the issues and might probably run well under EFI too. Chameleon might be good for any system pre windows 8 but clover seems indispensable for any machine after that.

Btw, guys MBR is dead :( Gosh I felt very old when dealing with EFI :lol: .

indiandragon

indiandragon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Interests:Developer, Hacker, Researcher

we don't use shutdown anyway    :P

:hysterical:

edit:

@fusion

bought surface pro 2 few mins ago on ebay.de for 1000usd 128gb  :afro:

please take a quick peek  :wub:

This is Mavericks on Surface Pro 1! with old touch drivers(one pressure sensitivity only...new wacom driver works perfect but couldn't find that vid) 

And this is...you will see hahahha

Sketching on surface!!

:D

:hyper:

:guitar:

Amazing, - http://www.insanelym...dows-multiboot/

This makes Surface pro the best tablet out there ! I had been scoffing at anyone who bought a Surface :D It’s time to buy them some pizzas :P

lulighttec

lulighttec

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:Lasers, Hackintoshes, Macs, Windows

I used a brute force method to restore fully functioning sleep on my XPSm1530 for 10.9.2.

1. Renamed mach_kernel in root ----> OG.mach_kernel
  2. Renamed /System/Library/Extensions ----> System/Library/OG.Extensions
  3. Copied 10.9.1 mach_kernel to the root directory
  4. Copied S/L/E from a working 10.9.1 install on USB hard drive to System/Library folder (this included regressed AppleACPIPlatform.kext 1.1MB size)
  5. Repaired permissions with Disk Utility
  6. Booted into Mavericks without caches with Clover

About This Mac still shows system as 10.9.2 and system as up to date

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-03-16 at 8.44.02 pm.png

System still fixed with regard to the "gotofail" bug like "proper" 10.9.2

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-03-16 at 9.27.10 pm.png

Sleep returned to 100% normal and all applications, iMessage, iCloud etc still work.  Thank god for backups :D.

If you don't have a backup copy of 10.9.1 S/L/E and mach_kernel from a working install or backup, you could use Pacifist to extract these files and folders from a copy of 10.9.0 or 10.9.1 Install OS X Mavericks.app as shown below....

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-03-16 at 9.41.32 pm.png

Uhh, doesn't replacing the mach_kernel with an older version make it not 10.9.2 anymore?  besides, the 10.9.2 kernel was working fine until I tried to use clover from a thumbdrive...  I think you missed that part.

fusion71au

fusion71au

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

@lulighttec,

Strictly speaking, the only machines running 100% vanilla OSX 10.9.2 are real macs :).  By definition, all hackintoshes require modifications to the OSX install in order to make them work - it is only a question of degree and semantics here.

Ideally, I would prefer to use the native 10.9.2 kexts and kernel but they are incompatible with the regressed AppleACPIPlatform.kext that provides for fully functional sleep in the XPS m1530.  Essentially my solution is a hybrid install -10.9.1 kexts&kernel/10.9.2 applications and frameworks.  It is important to note that the 10.9.2 kernel & kexts provide no additional functionality for our aging machines - the changes are mainly to take advantage of the newer Haswell processors and motherboards.  I can also easily revert back to the original 10.9.2 kexts & kernel by renaming the respective folder and file.

If you look back at your earlier posts, you started complaining about sleep problems in Jan when your machine was on 10.9.1 (10.9.2 only came out in late Feb) so I doubt "the 10.9.2 kernel was working fine until I tried to use clover from a thumbdrive".  Everyone else reported fully functional sleep in 10.9.1 with the regressed AppleACPIPlatform.kext.

To date you have not provided me convincing proof that the sleep problems were caused by using Clover on a thumb drive....much more likely a hardware issue or an operator error causing corruption to your Mavericks HD install eg your different mail prefpane you mentioned a few posts back implies an incomplete install or even a failed attempt to restore from timemachine backup....

fusion71au

fusion71au

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Hi Guys,

I was playing around with the latest Hackintosh Vietnam Tool (an excellent collection of hackintosh utilities compiled by @pokenguyen) and installed the new Alps Touchpad driver aka VoodooPS2Controller.kext ver 1.8.9 from the rehabman/master into bpedman_merge.

Attached File  Hackintosh Vietnam Tool.png   82.33KB   1 downloads

It has support for multi-touch gestures, is fully integrated with the native trackpad prefpane (in settings) and seems quite stable.  I recommend other XPSm1530 users try it out :).

Attached Files

DarwinX

DarwinX

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Hi Guys,

I was playing around with the latest Hackintosh Vietnam Tool (an excellent collection of hackintosh utilities compiled by @pokenguyen) and installed the new Alps Touchpad driver aka VoodooPS2Controller.kext ver 1.8.9 from the rehabman/master into bpedman_merge.

It has support for multi-touch gestures, is fully integrated with the native trackpad prefpane (in settings) and seems quite stable.  I recommend other XPSm1530 users try it out :).

Quite nice, Thank You. Do you happen to have the native TrackPad.prefPane for either 10.8 or 10.9 or both? If so, would you mind sharing it as I have long ago deleted mine.

fusion71au

fusion71au

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

@DarwinX 10.9.2 Trackpad.prefPane.  Don't have the one for 10.8.

DarwinX

DarwinX

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

@DarwinX 10.9.2 Trackpad.prefPane.  Don't have the one for 10.8.

This Trackpad.prefPane is working beautifully with the provided VoodooPS2Controller.ketx version 1.8.9 under both the 10.8 and the 10.9.

However, the tracking and scrolling speeds are extremely slow despite my adjusting them all the way up in the Trackpad.prefPane.

Any ideas?

fusion71au

fusion71au

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

TBH the default speed for tracking and scrolling seem OK to me....with a light touch, the pointer seems to move quite fast (slower if you press the trackpad harder).

Check that you have deleted all traces of the old VoodooPS2Controller.kext, repair permissions and rebuild caches with Kext Utility (someone reported kext wizard being flaky in 10.9)?  I actually installed the new kext directly with the Hackintosh Vietnam Tool (after first deleting the old VoodooPS2Controller.kext in S/L/E).

Discussion about the driver is happening @OSXLatitude.  To make sure the right kext is loading, @sontrg in post #373 suggests typing

kextstat | grep rehabman

29    2 0xffffff7f80cc3000 0xb000     0xb000     org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller (1.8.9) <10 7 5 4 3 1>
   49    0 0xffffff7f82248000 0x6000     0x6000     org.rehabman.driver.AppleSmartBatteryManager (1.40) <10 4 3>
   60    0 0xffffff7f80ce6000 0x5000     0x5000     org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Keyboard (1.8.9) <45 29 7 6 5 4 3 1>
   61    0 0xffffff7f80cd1000 0xf000     0xf000     org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Trackpad (1.8.9) <45 29 7 6 5 4 3 1>

in terminal and see if 'org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Trackpad' is present (if you can't find that, the kext is not loaded).

If it is loading, type

cat /var/log/system.log | grep ALPS

and see if there is output like

ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint::identify: Found ALPS Device with ID E7=0x73 0x02 0x0a, EC=0x10 0x00 0x64

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy