I used a brute force method to restore fully functioning sleep on my XPSm1530 for 10.9.2.
- Renamed mach_kernel in root ----> OG.mach_kernel
- Renamed /System/Library/Extensions ----> System/Library/OG.Extensions
- Copied 10.9.1 mach_kernel to the root directory
- Copied S/L/E from a working 10.9.1 install on USB hard drive to System/Library folder (this included regressed AppleACPIPlatform.kext 1.1MB size)
- Repaired permissions with Disk Utility
- Booted into Mavericks without caches with Clover
About This Mac still shows system as 10.9.2 and system as up to date
Screen Shot 2014-03-16 at 8.44.02 pm.png 816.81KB 4 downloads
System still fixed with regard to the "gotofail" bug like "proper" 10.9.2
Screen Shot 2014-03-16 at 9.27.10 pm.png 136.53KB 4 downloads
Sleep returned to 100% normal and all applications, iMessage, iCloud etc still work. Thank god for backups .
If you don't have a backup copy of 10.9.1 S/L/E and mach_kernel from a working install or backup, you could use Pacifist to extract these files and folders from a copy of 10.9.0 or 10.9.1 Install OS X Mavericks.app as shown below....
Screen Shot 2014-03-16 at 9.41.32 pm.png 195.39KB 3 downloads