[GUIDE] Making a DSDT.aml for Dell XPS M1330, XPS M1530, and XPS M1730

immo

2,030 posts in this topic

[/code]

What do you make of that?  It keeps displaying the same values regardless of the status of the power adapter or the actual battery charge, etc.

Indicates problem in DSDT code. Make sure your DSDT is derived from your own native DSDT.

Most of the XPS m1530 owners in this thread have successfully used immo/DarwinX's DSDT from the first post in this thread for multiple iterations of OSX from SL--->Yosemite. 

Using a DSDT from another computer is a bad idea.

For that last bit... do you mean it needs something like:

If (_OSI ("Darwin"))
                {
                    Store (0x30, MIS3)
                }
inserted into that larger conditional statement?  Not a coder, but recognize some things...

Probably should emulate the same as with WLG ("Windows 2006")...

Method (OSID, 0, NotSerialized)
    {
        If (LEqual (MIS3, Zero))
        {
            Store (One, MIS3)
            If (CondRefOf (\_OSI, Local0))
            {
                If (_OSI (WXP))
                {
                    Store (0x10, MIS3)
                }

If (LOr(_OSI("Darwin"), _OSI (WLG)))
                {
                    Store (0x20, MIS3)
                }
            }
            Else
            {
                If (STRE (_OS, W98S))
                {
                    Store (0x02, MIS3)
                }

If (STRE (_OS, NT5S))
                {
                    Store (0x08, MIS3)
                }

If (STRE (_OS, WINM))
                {
                    Store (0x04, MIS3)
                }
            }
        }

Return (MIS3)
    }

Thanks @Rehabman.

I appreciate that DSDTs should ideally be patched from the native state and I have done so for my particular machine as well (manually patched with DSDT Editor or MaciASL with the patches described in the first post and yours in post#1771) ---> no difference to using DarwinX's DSDT.

Points to note

• DarwinX and I have identical specced machines
  • immo's DSDTs in the first post are also non CPU specific
  • Owners of the XPSm1330 report no problems with sleep in Mavericks despite having very similar specs and using immo's non CPU specific DSDT for the XPSm1330 (same patches applied to XPSm1330 as applied to XPSm1530)
  • Funnily enough, only the XPSm1530 has working shutdown but has the problematic reboot on second sleep problem...could the shutdown fix for the XPSm1530 from post#1 be the cause?

"Above method PTS, add the following:
OperationRegion (PMRS, SystemIO, 0x1030, One)Field (PMRS, ByteAcc, NoLock, Preserve){ , 4, SLPE, 1}

and then replace the PTS method with the following:
Method (_PTS, 1, NotSerialized) { If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x05)) { Store (Zero, SLPE) Sleep (0x10) } }"

Obviously there is an issue with the current DSDT patches we use and the latest AppleACPIPlatform.kext but not being a coder, I don't know the actual cause (I am quite able to patch DSDTs once I'm told which patches to apply :)).

Regards

Update: I just finished patching my native DSDT instead of DarwinX's, and wouldn't you know it, my battery states started working right.  Well, mostly right.  If I unplug the adapter, the battery starts to show that it's losing charge, which is good, but as soon as I plug the adapter back in, it jumps to 100%, which obviously is impossible.  All things considered, though, it's a lot better than doing nothing at all.  Hooray for that.  And, thank you, RehabMan, for pushing me to try again something I once found too overwhelming.  (By the way, Immo's original post at the start of this thread is a mess because somehow all the code formatting has been lost.  It's next to unreadable.)

However, much to my chagrin, there is something about this DSDT with RehabMan's Last three recommended patches (Mutex, IRQ, and fix _WAK) that completely screws up my bluetooth multitouch functions.  Most of them don't work.  The silliest thing is, earlier today they were all working.  I rebooted into Linux on an external drive momentarily to do my ACPI dump, and when I booted back into OS X to work on it, the multitouch was gone.  I tried going back to my DSDT before I had applied those three patches, as well as regressing my multitouch kexts to 10.9 (yet again) and most (not all) of the multitouch gestures came back.  As soon as I put the patched DSDT back in, they went away again.  It's driving me [censored] crazy.  

That's the last piece of my puzzle that I need to fix.

EDIT: There is one other thing I forgot to add.  The three aforementioned patches (or one of them, anyway) prevents my SD card slot from working at all.  I doublechecked, and the VoodooSDHC driver is loaded, but OS X still doesn't see the card slot.  As soon as I went back to my old DSDT (the same time as I did for the multitouch) the SD slot reappeared, and when I used the patched DSDT it went away again.  :-S  So I have two remaining puzzle pieces, and I think somehow they are related.

EDIT 2:  Oh Yeah.  And sleep!!!  Now, instead of working the first time and rebooting the second, it just goes into this blackened state where the fans are still running, and I can't wake it up, so I have to hard-reset it.  And speaking of sleep, I really needed it last night, so I went to bed and added this edit this morning.

EDIT 3:  So I mentioned that the sleep gets stuck in this in-between state, and that I have to hard reset, and I mentioned being tired and going to sleep - last night I hard-shut down and went to bed.  This morning, when I booted back up, some (not all) of my multitouch gestures had returned.  I'm only missing the pinch to zoom and rotate gestures...  This is mind-boggling.

EDIT 2:  Oh Yeah.  And sleep!!!  Now, instead of working the first time and rebooting the second, it just goes into this blackened state where the fans are still running, and I can't wake it up, so I have to hard-reset it.  And speaking of sleep, I really needed it last night, so I went to bed and added this edit this morning.

Sounds like instant wake.

For instant wake: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

Apply: "7-series/8-series USB"

Also, install GenericUSBXCHI.kext, and use kernel flag -gux_defer_usb2

RehabMan

Posted Today, 10:45 AM

lulighttec, on 05 Sept 2014 - 01:04 AM, said:snapback.png

EDIT 2:  Oh Yeah.  And sleep!!!  Now, instead of working the first time and rebooting the second, it just goes into this blackened state where the fans are still running, and I can't wake it up, so I have to hard-reset it.  And speaking of sleep, I really needed it last night, so I went to bed and added this edit this morning.

Sounds like instant wake.

For instant wake: https://github.com/R...ptop-DSDT-Patch

Apply: "7-series/8-series USB"

Also, install GenericUSBXCHI.kext, and use kernel flag -gux_defer_usb2

I gave this a shot.  It didn't do anything to improve the problem with sleep; in fact, it shut down instead of sleeping.

I gave this a shot.  It didn't do anything to improve the problem with sleep; in fact, it shut down instead of sleeping.

You probably have some other issue (could be DSDT/SSDT issue, HPET, _WAK, etc)... If you're using USB WiFi, make sure to disconnect it prior to testing sleep.

Check to make sure you're not dropping OEM SSDTs that are required.

• 4 weeks later...

@fusion71au,

I was looking over your Clover config, the one you would use if you have a custom DSDT.  Under ACPI, New Way section shouldn't NewWay and FixRegions be ticked?  Slice mentioned to me for any custom DSDT these two should be enabled?

Also under boot, legacy field should that be left blank or PBR for legacy boot?  Can we still put clover into the EFI partition for legacy boot?   I also have a laptop that has an EFI bios and boots EFI but under the Legacy field it has PBR will this be ignored if Clover was installed as EFI and not legacy?

Also what kext files will we need besides voodooHDA/FakeSMC and PS2?   I am wondering why we never attempted to patch our own AppleHDA?  Is our device not supported with the Guide to Patch AppleHDA with codec?

Thanks

@oSxFr33k,

TBH, I haven't tried the "FixRegions" patch (introduced in Clover r2563) on any my machines with manually patched DSDTs and haven't experienced any problems omitting it.  AFAIK the legacy BIOS on the XPSm1530 doesn't have any "floating regions" that need correcting but I maybe wrong.  If Slice recommends it, it probably does no harm so you can try it out and report back :).

Re Boot section of config.plist:  I think Clover's legacy default is PBR so I don't think it makes a difference if you just leave it blank.

Re Clover Installation:  I always install Clover into the FAT32 EFI partition even for my legacy BIOS machines.  

• If you installed Clover for UEFI booting only, the legacy boot files are omitted so it would be impossible to boot via the legacy pathway --->  the PBR setting is ignored anyway.
  • If you allow the installation of Clover's legacy boot files (boot0af, CloverEFI boot), then you can boot EITHER pathway - UEFI or legacy.

Re Kexts.  The only "essential" kexts for booting into OSX and keyboard/trackpad are FakeSMC.kext and VoodooPS2Controller.kext.  Since most users are happy with VoodooHDA for audio, I think interest in patching AppleHDA.kext for Sigmatel STAC 9228 codec) has waned ...the original thread is here.

• Like 1

Hi!

I cant get working my internal speakers on my M1330 (T7250, Nvidia 8400M GS 128MB, SSD 120GB, 2GB Ram 667Mhz). I have tried many kext from voodoohda or applehda, but neither works with my internal speakers. The output jack works and mic too..

Re Kexts.  The only "essential" kexts for booting into OSX and keyboard/trackpad are FakeSMC.kext and VoodooPS2Controller.kext.  Since most users are happy with VoodooHDA for audio, I think interest in patching AppleHDA.kext for Sigmatel STAC 9228 codec) has waned ...the original thread is here.

Is this working on 10.9?

Please, i am out of ideas :S

DSDT patched, AppleHDA kext replaced = Sound on speakers with Mavericks :D

Thanks guys.

How i patch this?

@laostia,

I have the XPSm1530 and my laptop speakers work with VoodooHDA from 10.6 ---> Yosemite GM_RC1/Beta4.  From what I've read, this is different on your machine:

From @bisk's post #1546, for the XPSm1330

"VoodooHDA.kext will get the internal mic working but no internal speakers while a modified AppleHDA.kext does exactly the opposite".

There is a patched AppleHDA.kext ver 1.7.4a1 attached to his post as well as a brief instruction "DSDT-mod.txt" to patch your DSDT.  If you use @immo's DSDT for the XPSm1330 from the first post dated 10/29/2011 (DSDT_M1330_NVIDIA_ANYCPU_20111029) there is a HDEF patch already included.  Make sure to first remove VoodooHDA and any HDADisabler kext from /S/L/E if you want to try the patched AppleHDA.kext....

post-846696-0-88302800-1412720847_thumb.png

• Like 1

I have an XPS M1530 and I have been using OS X trouble free since 10.5 .

I had installed Mavericks sometime when it released last year and was on 10.9.2 for a looong time, without any problems (this thread is usually my source of info - I am using the DSDT from the first post).

Last week, I decided to upgrade to 10.9.5 . I used the combo update. Everything went fine.

But ever since then, my computer has been extremely sluggish. It takes a solid 2m30s+ to boot. And after typing the password on the login screen, it takes another 30s just for the desktop to appear (before it even starts loading the startup items).

That's the general pattern. Everything is slow. There is heavy HDD access throughout the boot process and login / startup. The HDD light doesn't even flicker, it is just ON.

I have seen the verbose boot and I don't see anything very obvious slowing it down. Although, I have noticed that the filesystem check runs almost on every boot ("almost" being the keyword).

It must be some updated kext(s) which is causing this. Could anybody give me some ideas on how to troubleshoot this?

@laostia,

I have the XPSm1530 and my laptop speakers work with VoodooHDA from 10.6 ---> Yosemite GM_RC1/Beta4.  From what I've read, this is different on your machine:

From @bisk's post #1546, for the XPSm1330

"VoodooHDA.kext will get the internal mic working but no internal speakers while a modified AppleHDA.kext does exactly the opposite".

There is a patched AppleHDA.kext ver 1.7.4a1 attached to his post as well as a brief instruction "DSDT-mod.txt" to patch your DSDT.  If you use @immo's DSDT for the XPSm1330 from the first post dated 10/29/2011 (DSDT_M1330_NVIDIA_ANYCPU_20111029) there is a HDEF patch already included.  Make sure to first remove VoodooHDA and any HDADisabler kext from /S/L/E if you want to try the patched AppleHDA.kext....

attachicon.gifHDEF section DSDT.png

Wow! Thank you very much!

Anyway i am having troubles:

- DSDT (10/29/2011) + AppleHDA (attached) + Removed all VoodooHDA and HDADisabler: No sounds devices detected.

Do I need to patch this DSDT(@immo's 10/29/2011)? I am trying to patch.. but i dont know how :S. I try to use chameleon wizzard

- DSDT (10/29/2011) + AppleHDA (attached) + Removed all VoodooHDA and HDADisabler: No sounds devices detected.

Do I need to patch this DSDT(@immo's 10/29/2011)? I am trying to patch.. but i dont know how :S. I try to use chameleon wizzard

Perhaps, you would have more success with this latest iteration of the VoodooHDA.kext version 2.8.6:

VoodooHDA.kext-v2.8.6.zip

VoodooHDA_V286_MAV.pkg.zip

• Like 1

Yeah!

With this kext i have sound device, but my internal speakers dont work :S. Works the jacks and mic.

Did you try that specific kext posted above? The newer, updated version of the kext may just add the functionality which you are currently missing. Also, do try the actual package installer…..

Yep, I have tried again:

- DSDT (10/29/2011) + AppleHDA (attached) + Removed all VoodooHDA and HDADisabler + Rebuild Cache/Fix permissions: No sounds devices detected.

- DSDT (10/29/2011) + Removed all AppleHDA + VoodooHDA_V286_MAV.pkg.zip + Rebuild Cache/Fix permissions: Again, only sound in the jack + mic.

- DSDT (10/29/2011) + Overwrite VoodooHDA with (VoodooHDA.kext-v2.8.6.zip)+ Rebuild Cache/Fix permissions: Again, only sound in the jack + mic.

Maybe i lost something?

EDIT: Thank you very much for trying to help me :)

Yep, I have tried again:

- DSDT (10/29/2011) + AppleHDA (attached) + Removed all VoodooHDA and HDADisabler + Rebuild Cache/Fix permissions: No sounds devices detected.

- DSDT (10/29/2011) + Removed all AppleHDA + VoodooHDA_V286_MAV.pkg.zip + Rebuild Cache/Fix permissions: Again, only sound in the jack + mic.

- DSDT (10/29/2011) + Overwrite VoodooHDA with (VoodooHDA.kext-v2.8.6.zip)+ Rebuild Cache/Fix permissions: Again, only sound in the jack + mic.

Maybe i lost something?

No, it seems to me that you have done all that you could, but I suppose that it was still worth a try. 

EDIT: Thank you very much for trying to help me :)

Of course, mate. That is what we are here for, after all. I simply regret that I have been of no help to you in this matter.

Perhaps, our resident research guru fusion71au could offer you some more insight on your issue.

There are four things that as far as I know cannot be corrected on M1330 with current knowledge:

1. Some revisions - sound from the speakers and internal mic. It happens to work on some M1330s including mine, which is why I'm pretty sure it's a hardware revision thing.

2. HDMI out - causes a crash (it used to work with much older versions of OS-X but with no sound). Reportedly it works if you connect it with an adapter to a DVI monitor, but I don't have one to test with.

3. Shutdown.

4. C-States.

Please correct me if I'm wrong!

On mine I have not been able to get GPU power states working in recent revisions, but I did have it working in the past. Does anyone have this working on M1330 under Mavericks?

Immo

• Like 2

There are three things that as far as I know cannot be corrected on M1330 with current knowledge:

1. Some revisions - sound from the speakers and internal mic. It happens to work on some M1330s including mine, which is why I'm pretty sure it's a hardware revision thing.

2. HDMI out - causes a crash (it used to work with much older versions of OS-X but with no sound).

3. Shutdown.

On mine I have not been able to get GPU power states working in recent revisions, but I did have it working in the past. Does anyone have this working on M1330 under Mavericks?

Immo

You are wrong, ha ha ha, partly.

1. I got Sound with AppleHDA but no internal Mic working. On weekend I will attach my kext

2. HDMI Out works only with Monitors, anytime I connect a TV it crashes

3. Shutdown no go :(

There are four things that as far as I know cannot be corrected on M1330 with current knowledge:

2. HDMI out - causes a crash (it used to work with much older versions of OS-X but with no sound). Reportedly it works if you connect it with an adapter to a DVI monitor, but I don't have one to test with.

3. Shutdown.

4. C-States.

Immo

For me:

1. Internal speakers.

2. HDMI = crash (TV and monitors).

3. Shutdown.

4. C-States.

5. Recover from sleep.

I get G-States working with your DSDT and SMBIOS on mavericks. (NVIDIA 8400M GS). I didnt discover this, i read it from this thread for M1530 AGPM and i used it for M1330. (I dont remember the person who did it, but thx! :D ).

Here we go:

- sudo nano /System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Info.plist

- On section:

<key>MacBookPro5,1</key>

<dict>

<key>IGPU</key>

<dict>

- Remove next line:

<key>IGPU</key>

- And add:

<key>LogControl</key>

<integer>0<integer>

<key>Vendor10deDevice0427</key>

- Result:

<key>MacBookPro5,1</key>

<dict>

<key>LogControl</key>

<integer>0<integer>

<dict>

- Check what system you have, mine (smbios from immo) is MacBookPro5,1 (take care about MacBook or MacBookPro.. i get confused with this at first time)

- If u wanna more output log for check, change 0 to 1

- Check your Vendor 10de and Device 0427 of your GPU (this is from my M1330 Nvidia 8400M GS 128MB)

- Save file , rebuild cache and fix permissions (every time u modify the file).

- If all is ok you must see (with logcontrol set 0):

sudo dmesg | grep AGPM

[AGPM Controller] build GPUDict by Vendor10deDevice0427

If u activated 1 on LogControl, u will see more info on dmesg | grep AGPM, how the GPU change states. My frequency on my GPU are correct, only got 2 jump of Gstates (Core from 275 to 400, Memory 550 to 850).

I hope it works for u :)

• Like 1

Better to edit your DSDT with DSDT Editor or MacIASL than chameleon wizard.

The HDEF patch recommended by @bisk was slightly different to immo's so I have edited DSDT_M1330_NVIDIA_ANYCPU_20111029.aml and made changes to the HDEF section as shown below...

post-846696-0-44775800-1412934832_thumb.png

If the edited DSDT.aml (attached below) doesn't work, there are alternative methods of injecting Audio Layout ID:

• install HDAEnabler.kext in S/L/E or
  • add bootloader injection of HDEF and layout-id 12 in your boot.plist for Chameleon/Clover

post-846696-0-20103700-1413188184_thumb.png

Check which kexts are loading by running the kextstat command in OSX terminal eg

kextstat | grep AppleHDA ---> see if AppleHDA.kext is loading

kextstat | grep -v com.apple ---> see which third party (non Apple) kexts are loading

Good Luck!

EDIT 1 10/12/14

Some further suggestions

1.  Check your codec with "getdump" when VoodooHDA is loaded- do you get the same output as @VMonHeros & @bisk or @immo or something else altogether?  The patched AppleHDA with DSDT edit was reported as fixing sound through internal speakers on the XPSm1330 by @VMonHeros, @bisk & @macgirl.  Possibly you have a different version, in which case the provided AppleHDA.kext may not work?

2.  Check after you have installed the patched AppleHDA in S/L/E that it does infact load

3.  Make sure you use only ONE method to inject HDEF properties - EITHER DSDT or HDAEnabler or Bootloader plist.  If you use multiple methods at the same time, they may conflict.

4.  Check the HDEF section using the IORegistryExplorer.app to confirm that layout-id is set to 12 (0c in hex = 12 in decimal)

Eg

post-846696-0-05921200-1413185479_thumb.png

Edit 2 10/13/14

1.  getdump needs VoodooHDA loaded to dump codec data to a text file

2.  Your ioreg looks OK and your DSDT is injecting HDEF & layout-id 12 correctly - delete HDAEnabler kext from S/L/E (it is 32bit so not working in Mavericks anyway) and remove any layout-id injection from bootloader.plist

3.  Remove VoodooHDA & AppleHDADisabler from /S/L/E, then try reinstalling the patched AppleHDA.kext ver 1.7.4a1 with Kext Utility --->repair permissions, rebuild caches --->boot into Mavericks without caches (-v -f) and see if AppleHDA.kext is loaded, sound output shows in system preferences etc

###$ kextstat | grep AppleHDA
   89    0 0xffffff7f80de8000 0x14000    0x14000    com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController (1.7.4a1) <88 11 5 4 3 1>
   99    0 0xffffff7f80fca000 0x83000    0x83000    com.apple.driver.AppleHDA (1.7.4a1) <98 97 88 5 4 3 1>
  109    0 0xffffff7f81706000 0x3000     0x3000     com.apple.driver.AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver (1.7.4a1) <4 3>
  113    0 0xffffff7f81726000 0x3000     0x3000     com.apple.driver.AppleHDAPlatformDriver (1.7.4a1) <4 3>

post-846696-0-13291500-1413187055_thumb.png

4. Kext verification/diagnostics: kextutil -tn eg

###$ kextutil -tn /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext
Diagnostics for /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext:
Code Signing Failure: code signature is invalid
/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext appears to be loadable (including linkage for on-disk libraries).

Note: it is normal for patched kexts to have an invalid signature but the important thing is whether the kext is "loadable" in your system...

Dell_XPSm1330_audio.zip

Tools_getdump_ioregistryexplorer.zip

• Like 1

No luck :(

1.- Removed all VoodooHDA and AppleHDAdisabler ("find / -name *HDA*" and "find / | grep -i hda")

2.- Update cache and fix permisions with KextWizard

3.- Copy&paste DSDT edited from you, and double checked all lines with your image on /Extra/DSDT.aml

4.- Reboot

5.- Install AppleHDA on /S/L/E/, update cache and fix permissions with KextWirzard

6.- Reboot

7.- No sound device detected

8.- Install HDAEnabler on /S/L/E/, update cache and fix permissions with KextWirzard

9.- Modify with Chameleon Wizzard the org.chameleon.Boot.plist, HDEF LauoutID =12

10.- Reboot

11.- No sound devide detected

Thank you anyway :)

EDIT: 12/10/2014

My AppleHDA dont load. I dont see any messages on dmesg or on "kextstat | grep -i hda". What kind of messages should i see on dmesg?

Captura_de_pantalla_2014_10_12_a_la_s_20

Getdump give me a error "sudo ./getdump":

error: IORegistryEntryGetPath returned 0x10000003

sh-3.2# kextstat | grep -i HDA
sh-3.2# getdump
Hello, World!
sh-3.2# ./getdump
error: IORegistryEntryGetPath returned 0x10000003
sh-3.2# cd /System/Library/Extensions/
sh-3.2# kextload AppleHDA.kext/
sh-3.2#
  114    1 0xffffff7f822bf000 0xc000     0xc000     com.apple.iokit.IOHDAFamily (1.7.4a1) <5 4 3 1>
  116    0 0xffffff7f82361000 0x83000    0x83000    com.apple.driver.AppleHDA (1.7.4a1) <115 114 113 5 4 3 1>
sh-3.2# dmesg | tail
en1: 802.11d country code set to 'ES '.
en1: Supported channels 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
en1: BSSID changed to a0:f3:c1:b4:4e:bb
AirPort: Link Up on en1
19.738932: apple80211Request[10514] Unsupported ioctl 181
en1: BSSID changed to a0:f3:c1:b4:4e:bb
AirPort: RSN handshake complete on en1
flow_divert_kctl_disconnect (0): disconnecting group 1
AppleKeyStore:Sending lock change 0
**** [IOBluetoothHCIController][SearchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] -- Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!
sh-3.2#
sh-3.2#
  114    1 0xffffff7f822bf000 0xc000     0xc000     com.apple.iokit.IOHDAFamily (1.7.4a1) <5 4 3 1>
  116    0 0xffffff7f82361000 0x83000    0x83000    com.apple.driver.AppleHDA (1.7.4a1) <115 114 113 5 4 3 1>
sh-3.2# kextload HDAEnabler.kext/
/System/Library/Extensions/HDAEnabler.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) requested architecture/executable not found; check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8).
sh-3.2# kextutil HDAEnabler.kext/
/System/Library/Extensions/HDAEnabler.kext - no dependency found for com.apple.kernel.iokit.
/System/Library/Extensions/HDAEnabler.kext - no dependency found for com.apple.kernel.iokit.
Diagnostics for /System/Library/Extensions/HDAEnabler.kext:
Warnings:
    Executable does not contain code for architecture:
        x86_64

Dependency Resolution Failures:
    No kexts found for these libraries:
        com.apple.kernel.iokit

Code Signing Failure: not code signed
sh-3.2#

EDIT: 13/10/2014

I am trying all posibilites. I still dont finish of trying all but i report here the test realized (Always i delete all HDA before next test):

- TEST 1: All kext deleted (HDA), repair cache and fix, use DSDT and applehda of macgirl -> No devices found (I dont see loaded the appleHDA)

- TEST 2: DSDT Immo HDEF, VoodooHDA installed + getdump. The output its the same as @VMonHeros , @bisk and @immo. This make me think that i am doing something wrong if @bisk can use the internal speakers with applehda. Maybe he is on Mountain Lion and me on Mavericks?

Found a device of class VoodooHDADevice: IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0/AppleACPIPCI/HDEF@1B/VoodooHDADevice

Probing codec #0...
 HDA Codec #0: Sigmatel STAC9228X
 HDA Codec ID: 0x83847616
       Vendor: 0x8384
       Device: 0x7616
     Revision: 0x02
     Stepping: 0x01
PCI Subvendor: 0x02091028
    startNode=1 endNode=2
    Found audio FG nid=1 startNode=2 endNode=37 total=35

Processing audio FG cad=0 nid=1...
Powering up...
Parsing audio FG...
GPIO: 0xc0000003 NumGPIO=3 NumGPO=0 NumGPI=0 GPIWake=1 GPIUnsol=1
 nid 10 0x0221101f as  1 seq 15 Headphones    Jack  1/8     Front   External Black   misc 0
 nid 11 0x40f000f0 as 15 seq  0 Other         None  Unknown N/A     External Unknown misc 0
 nid 12 0x40f000f1 as 15 seq  1 Other         None  Unknown N/A     External Unknown misc 0
 nid 13 0x90170110 as  1 seq  0 Speaker       Fixed Analog  N/A     Internal Unknown misc 0 NoPresenceDetect
 nid 14 0x02a11030 as  3 seq  0 Microphone    Jack  1/8     Front   External Black   misc 0
 nid 15 0x02011020 as  2 seq  0 Line-out      Jack  1/8     Front   External Black   misc 0
 nid 16 0x40f000f2 as 15 seq  2 Other         None  Unknown N/A     External Unknown misc 0
 nid 17 0x40f000f3 as 15 seq  3 Other         None  Unknown N/A     External Unknown misc 0
 nid 18 0x40f000f4 as 15 seq  4 Other         None  Unknown N/A     External Unknown misc 0
 nid 19 0x90a60040 as  4 seq  0 Microphone    Fixed Digital N/A     Internal Unknown misc 0
 nid 20 0x40f000f5 as 15 seq  5 Other         None  Unknown N/A     External Unknown misc 0
 nid 33 0x185610a0 as 10 seq  0 Digital-out   Jack  Digital Special Internal Black   misc 0
 nid 34 0x40f000f6 as 15 seq  6 Other         None  Unknown N/A     External Unknown misc 0
Parsing vendor patch...

I am thinking that my problem is that AppleHDA dont load and thus there is no device :S. But i dont have any errors on dmesg. For sure i am doing something wrong :S.

Only load "com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController (1.7.4a1) <85 11 5 4 3 1>"

macbookemosh182:~ mosh182$ sudo kextutil -nt /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/
Diagnostics for /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext:
Warnings:
    The booter does not recognize symbolic links; confirm these files/directories aren't needed for startup:
        /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/CodeDirectory
        /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/CodeRequirements
        /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/CodeResources
        /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/CodeSignature

Code Signing Failure: code signature is invalid
Warnings:
    The booter does not recognize symbolic links; confirm these files/directories aren't needed for startup:
        /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/CodeDirectory
        /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/CodeRequirements
        /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/CodeResources
        /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/CodeSignature

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext appears to be loadable (including linkage for on-disk libraries).

I follow trying things. :) Thank you all!

For me:

1. Internal speakers.

2. HDMI = crash (TV and monitors).

3. Shutdown.

4. C-States.

5. Recover from sleep.

I get G-States working with your DSDT and SMBIOS on mavericks. (NVIDIA 8400M GS). I didnt discover this, i read it from this thread for M1530 AGPM and i used it for M1330. (I dont remember the person who did it, but thx! :D ).

Here we go:

- sudo nano /System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Info.plist

- On section:

<key>MacBookPro5,1</key>

<dict>

<key>IGPU</key>

<dict>

- Remove next line:

<key>IGPU</key>

- And add:

<key>LogControl</key>

<integer>0<integer>

- Result:

<key>MacBookPro5,1</key>

<dict>

<key>LogControl</key>

<integer>0<integer>

<dict>

- Check what system you have, mine (smbios from immo) is MacBookPro5,1 (take care about MacBook or MacBookPro.. i get confused with this at first time)

- If u wanna more output log for check, change 0 to 1

- Check your Vendor 10de and Device 0427 of your GPU (this is from my M1330 Nvidia 8400M GS 128MB)

- Save file , rebuild cache and fix permissions (every time u modify the file).

- If all is ok you must see (with logcontrol set 0):

sudo dmesg | grep AGPM

If u activated 1 on LogControl, u will see more info on dmesg | grep AGPM, how the GPU change states. My frequency on my GPU are correct, only got 2 jump of Gstates (Core from 275 to 400, Memory 550 to 850).

I hope it works for u :)

Thanks Iaostia. That got me a little closer than before but it's not quite working.

It gives me [AGPM Controller] build GPUDict by Vendor10deDevice0427, but the GPU state never leaves state 0. The console basically floods with switching to state zero when I have log mode set to 1. Can you please post your whole MacBookPro5,1 section?

Thanks,

Immo

• Like 1

<key>MacBookPro5,1</key>
                                <dict>
                                        <key>LogControl</key>
                                        <integer>0</integer>
                                        <dict>
                                                <key>BoostPState</key>
                                                <array>
                                                        <integer>0</integer>
                                                        <integer>1</integer>
                                                        <integer>2</integer>
                                                        <integer>3</integer>
                                                </array>
                                                <key>BoostTime</key>
                                                <array>
                                                        <integer>3</integer>
                                                        <integer>3</integer>
                                                        <integer>3</integer>
                                                        <integer>3</integer>
                                                </array>
                                                <key>Heuristic</key>
                                                <dict>
                                                        <key>ID</key>
                                                        <integer>0</integer>
                                                        <key>IdleInterval</key>
                                                        <integer>250</integer>
                                                        <key>SensorOption</key>
                                                        <integer>1</integer>
                                                        <key>SensorSampleRate</key>
                                                        <integer>4</integer>
                                                        <key>TargetCount</key>
                                                        <integer>1</integer>
                                                        <key>Threshold_High</key>
                                                        <array>
                                                                <integer>57</integer>
                                                                <integer>65</integer>
                                                                <integer>82</integer>
                                                                <integer>100</integer>
                                                        </array>
                                                        <key>Threshold_Low</key>
                                                        <array>
                                                                <integer>0</integer>
                                                                <integer>68</integer>
                                                                <integer>75</integer>
                                                                <integer>95</integer>
                                                        </array>
                                                </dict>
                                                <key>control-id</key>
                                                <integer>17</integer>
                                        </dict>
                                </dict>
                                <key>MacBookPro5,2</key>
macbookemosh182:~ mosh182$ sudo dmesg | grep AGPM
AGPM: GPU = VID Initialized, Control ID 17
AGPM: updateGPUHwPstate(3, 0): fHwPstate = 3 fFB = 0xffffff8008708800
AGPM: updateGPUHwPstate(): state = 3. Calling fFB->setAggressiveness()...
AGPM: GPU = VID G-state set to 3 from 3, ControlID = 17. SW occupancy updated.
AGPM: updateGPUHwPstate(0, 0): fHwPstate = 3 fFB = 0xffffff8008708800
AGPM: updateGPUHwPstate(): state = 0. Calling fFB->setAggressiveness()...
AGPM: GPU = VID G-state set to 0 from 3, ControlID = 17. SW occupancy updated.
AGPM: updateGPUHwPstate(0, 0): fHwPstate = 0 fFB = 0xffffff8008708800
AGPM: updateGPUHwPstate(1, 0): fHwPstate = 0 fFB = 0xffffff8008708800
AGPM: updateGPUHwPstate(): state = 1. Calling fFB->setAggressiveness()...
AGPM: GPU = VID G-state set to 1 from 0, ControlID = 17. SW occupancy updated.
AGPM: updateGPUHwPstate(2, 0): fHwPstate = 1 fFB = 0xffffff8008708800
AGPM: updateGPUHwPstate(): state = 2. Calling fFB->setAggressiveness()...
AGPM: GPU = VID G-state set to 2 from 1, ControlID = 17. SW occupancy updated.
AGPM: updateGPUHwPstate(0, 0): fHwPstate = 2 fFB = 0xffffff8008708800
AGPM: GPU = VID G-state set to 0 from 2, ControlID = 17. SW occupancy updated.
AGPM: updateGPUHwPstate(1, 0): fHwPstate = 0 fFB = 0xffffff8008708800
AGPM: GPU = VID G-state set to 1 from 0, ControlID = 17. SW occupancy updated.
AGPM: updateGPUHwPstate(1, 0): fHwPstate = 2 fFB = 0xffffff8008708800
AGPM: GPU = VID G-state set to 1 from 2, ControlID = 17. SW occupancy updated.
AGPM: updateGPUHwPstate(0, 0): fHwPstate = 2 fFB = 0xffffff8008708800
AGPM: GPU = VID G-state set to 0 from 2, ControlID = 17. SW occupancy updated.

NOTE: For the dump on dmesg i activated just a moment the logcontrol.

• Like 1