• Please log in to reply
1730 replies to this topic

DarwinX

DarwinX

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Long time ago I made a guide for installing Leopard on XPS-M1330, since I got real Macs and Mountain Lion on them, I left the forum before Snow Leopard appeared, now I trying to have Snow Leopard on my XPS, everithing works except audio and I am kind of lost. I tried VoodooHDA with no success, I am confused with the

HDEF patch, how do I make the patch or what do I need to install besides VoodooHDA?

Thanks, and excelent effort with the DSDT.

macgirl

Welcome back Macgirl! I am glad to see that you are still around the hackintosh scene. Your guide was always very helpful and well received by our community, and I'm sure that it is still remembered and appreciated by many, including myself.

The Dell XPS remains quite compatible and stable under the latest versions of the OS X provided the AppleACPIPlatform.kext is regressed to an earlier 10.6 - 1.3.6 version.
As far as the sound goes, the only thing which appears to consistently work on our rigs is the VoodooHDA.kext. I believe that the AppleHDA.kext is no longer patchable or viable on our systems.
The previous versions of the VoodooHDA.kext were indeed viable under the OS X 10.6. The VoodooHDA.kext v2.8.2 does work very well under the OS X 10.7 - 10.8 and possibly 10.6.
Ensure to install it along with the latest VoodooHDA.prefPane v1.2 as well as with the AppleHDADisabler.kext if the original native AppleHDA remains installed.

Attached File  VoodooHDA10.7v2.8.2.zip   155.94KB   3 downloads Attached File  VoodooHDA10.8v2.8.2.zip   77.38KB   18 downloads

Attached File  VoodooHDAv1.2.prefPane.zip   43.17KB   19 downloads Attached File  AppleHDADisabler.kext.zip   14.34KB   11 downloads

Reference: http://www.projectos...p?showtopic=355

macgirl

macgirl

Stargate's Pharaoh

• Retired
  • 7,612 posts
  • Interests:Techie gadgets

Welcome back Macgirl! I am glad to see that you are still around the hackintosh scene. Your guide was always very helpful and well received by our community, and I'm sure that it is still remembered and appreciated by many, including myself.

Thanks, I am trying with several versions, all I got is sound on the headphone jacks but nothing on the speakers :(

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,784 posts

I got real Macs and Mountain Lion on them

Hola, macgirl!

Out of curiosity, won't you try Mountain Lion also on your XPS? We now have a legacy kernel that runs very stable on "legacy" Intel CPUs (such as the Pentium Dual-Core) who haven't modern SIMD instructions support, thanks to Sinetek's new ssse3 (yes, three "s") emulator (which also supports sse4 and 4.2 btw). If you're willing to try it in the future, the kernel is in thi first post of this topic: http://www.insanelym...the-help-topic/

All the best!

macgirl

macgirl

Stargate's Pharaoh

• Retired
  • 7,612 posts

Hola, macgirl!

Out of curiosity, won't you try Mountain Lion also on your XPS? We now have a legacy kernel that runs very stable on "legacy" Intel CPUs (such as the Pentium Dual-Core) who haven't modern SIMD instructions support, thanks to Sinetek's new ssse3 (yes, three "s") emulator (which also supports sse4 and 4.2 btw). If you're willing to try it in the future, the kernel is in thi first post of this topic: http://www.insanelym...the-help-topic/

All the best!

I did not try Lion or Mountain Lion since I have a real mac with them. My XPS had Leoprad but some apps I tried need Snow Leopard at least, the reason that I don't want Lion on the XPS is the memory it has, I got one real Mac Pro with 2 GB of Memory and Lion is very slow in it. Sorry for the bad news :(

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,784 posts
Hi!

Mountain Lion runs like a champ with my tiny Asus 1201n (Atom CPU, Ion graphics) and 2GB of DDR2 RAM (800Mhz, if i'm not wrong). Of course, it will depend on what kind of work will you do with the machine, so i got your point (i only do basic coding, gaming and music recording with it).

Anyway - as you know already - Mountain Lion is not Lion and manages the RAM even better than Snow Leopard, if that's what's worrying you. Snow Leopard will start/shut down faster in any machine, but in every other task, it would lag behind Mountain Lion. That's it.

All the best!

P.S.: out of curiosity, why won't you upgrade your MacPro's RAM? Using a beast of a machine like the MacPro (even the 2006 model) with that little amount of RAM is kinda heartbreaking. :P

macgirl

macgirl

Stargate's Pharaoh

• Retired
  • 7,612 posts

P.S.: out of curiosity, why won't you upgrade your MacPro's RAM? Using a beast of a machine like the MacPro (even the 2006 model) with that little amount of RAM is kinda heartbreaking. :P

Well is not of my property, it's office's, also is a Mac Pro Gen 1 so there is no Mountainl Lion for that Mac Pro.

Also the XPS is from office, so I dont want to spend money on them.

:D

macgirl

macgirl

Stargate's Pharaoh

• Retired
  • 7,612 posts
Now I am trying to bring Mountain Lion to the XPS-M1330, I lost faith in getting sound on Snow Leopard.

Right now is booting in Safe Mode, I got some incompatible Kexts

edit:

It appears that USB kects are not loading

Generating Extensions.mkext says:

[CODEBOX]IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext - no compatible dependency found for com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily.
AppleUSBXHCI.kext - no compatible dependency found for com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily.
IOUSBAttachedSCSI.kext - no compatible dependency found for com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily.
AppleWWANSupport1.kext - no compatible dependency found for com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily.
IOBluetoothUSBDFU.kext - no compatible dependency found for com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily.
AppleUSBAudio.kext - no compatible dependency found for com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily.
UFIWriteProtectedMediaDriver.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
NVinject.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
AppleUSBVideoSupport.kext - no dependency found for com.apple.kernel.iokit.
AppleUSBVideoSupport.kext - no dependency found for com.apple.kernel.libkern.
AppleUSBVideoSupport.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
AppleUSBCDCWCM.kext does not declare a kernel dependency; using com.apple.kernel.6.0.
AppleUSBCDCWCM.kext - no dependency found for com.apple.kernel.6.0.
AppleUSBCDCECMControl.kext does not declare a kernel dependency; using com.apple.kernel.6.0.
AppleUSBCDCECMControl.kext - no dependency found for com.apple.kernel.6.0.
AppleUSBCDCDMM.kext does not declare a kernel dependency; using com.apple.kernel.6.0.
AppleUSBCDCDMM.kext - no dependency found for com.apple.kernel.6.0.
AppleUSBCDCACMData.kext - no dependency found for com.apple.kernel.6.0.
AppleUSBCDCACMControl.kext does not declare a kernel dependency; using com.apple.kernel.6.0.
AppleUSBCDCACMControl.kext - no dependency found for com.apple.kernel.6.0.
AppleUSBCDC.kext does not declare a kernel dependency; using com.apple.kernel.6.0.
AppleUSBCDC.kext - no dependency found for com.apple.kernel.6.0.[/CODEBOX]

EDIT2:

Made some kexts replacements and now is booting, lets see if I can get Speakers sound

EDIT3:

Still have some kexts with conflict:

IOUSBAttachedSCSI.kext - no compatible dependency found for com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily.
IOBluetoothUSBDFU.kext - no compatible dependency found for com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily.

BJUSBLoad.kext - no dependency found for com.apple.kernel.libkern.
AppleUSBAudio.kext - no compatible dependency found for com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily.

DarwinX

DarwinX

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Now I am trying to bring Mountain Lion to the XPS-M1330, I lost faith in getting sound on Snow Leopard.

Right now is booting in Safe Mode, I got some incompatible Kexts

edit:

It appears that USB kects are not loading

Generating Extensions.mkext says:

IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext - no compatible dependency found for com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily.AppleUSBXHCI.kext - no compatible dependency found for com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily.IOUSBAttachedSCSI.kext - no compatible dependency found for com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily.AppleWWANSupport1.kext - no compatible dependency found for com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily.IOBluetoothUSBDFU.kext - no compatible dependency found for com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily.AppleUSBAudio.kext - no compatible dependency found for com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily.UFIWriteProtectedMediaDriver.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)NVinject.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)AppleUSBVideoSupport.kext - no dependency found for com.apple.kernel.iokit.AppleUSBVideoSupport.kext - no dependency found for com.apple.kernel.libkern.AppleUSBVideoSupport.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)AppleUSBCDCWCM.kext does not declare a kernel dependency; using com.apple.kernel.6.0.AppleUSBCDCWCM.kext - no dependency found for com.apple.kernel.6.0.AppleUSBCDCECMControl.kext does not declare a kernel dependency; using com.apple.kernel.6.0.AppleUSBCDCECMControl.kext - no dependency found for com.apple.kernel.6.0.AppleUSBCDCDMM.kext does not declare a kernel dependency; using com.apple.kernel.6.0.AppleUSBCDCDMM.kext - no dependency found for com.apple.kernel.6.0.AppleUSBCDCACMData.kext - no dependency found for com.apple.kernel.6.0.AppleUSBCDCACMControl.kext does not declare a kernel dependency; using com.apple.kernel.6.0.AppleUSBCDCACMControl.kext - no dependency found for com.apple.kernel.6.0.AppleUSBCDC.kext does not declare a kernel dependency; using com.apple.kernel.6.0.AppleUSBCDC.kext - no dependency found for com.apple.kernel.6.0.

EDIT2:

Made some kexts replacements and now is booting, lets see if I can get Speakers sound

EDIT3:

Still have some kexts with conflict:

BJUSBLoad.kext - no dependency found for com.apple.kernel.libkern.

The Exensions.mkext is now obsolete as it has been replaced by the kernelcache beginning with the OS X 10.7.

/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache

macgirl

macgirl

Stargate's Pharaoh

• Retired
  • 7,612 posts

The Exensions.mkext is now obsolete as it has been replaced by the kernelcache beginning with the OS X 10.7.

/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache

Ok I see, I got the IOBluetoothFamily.Kext from my Original Snow Leopard Disk and replaced it, now bluetooth is working.

What I cant get working is sound from speakers, I only get it from headphone Jacks, I dont want to use AppleHDA :(

DarwinX

DarwinX

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Ok I see, I got the IOBluetoothFamily.Kext from my Original Snow Leopard Disk and replaced it, now bluetooth is working.

What I cant get working is sound from speakers, I only get it from headphone Jacks, I dont want to use AppleHDA :(

The sound is fully operational with the recently uploaded (top of the page) VoodooHDA.kext v2.8.2 along with the new VoodooHDA.prefPane v1.2.

macgirl

macgirl

Stargate's Pharaoh

• Retired
  • 7,612 posts

The sound is fully operational with the recently uploaded (top of the page) VoodooHDA.kext v2.8.2 along with the new VoodooHDA.prefPane v1.2.

I downloaded those and even with help of Slice I can not make it work.

The thing with AppleHDA is that the Microphone is not working at all, so I can get sound from AppleHDA or Mic with VodooHDA.

DarwinX

DarwinX

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

I downloaded those and even with help of Slice I can not make it work.

The thing with AppleHDA is that the Microphone is not working at all, so I can get sound from AppleHDA or Mic with VodooHDA.

Perplexing. I suppose that we do have different sound cards after all.... :wallbash:

macgirl

macgirl

Stargate's Pharaoh

• Retired
  • 7,612 posts

Perplexing. I suppose that we do have different sound cards after all.... :wallbash:

I dont know if the cards are different or configurations are diferent, since I got 2 WLAN cards, one is the Intel that came with the laptop and the other one is a Broadcom that I purchased on eBay to have "Airport" in Mac OS X,

Althoug the cards are the same in M1330 and M1530 I saw differences in Pinconfigs and dumps from other operating systems.

Yesterday I need to replace/remove several kexts linked to IOUSBFamily and IUBluetoothFamily becoause som installation packages fail becaus kextcache report failures with those kexts, so far the XPS is working fine in Mountain Lion.

DarwinX

DarwinX

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

I dont know if the cards are different or configurations are diferent, since I got 2 WLAN cards, one is the Intel that came with the laptop and the other one is a Broadcom that I purchased on eBay to have "Airport" in Mac OS X,

Althoug the cards are the same in M1330 and M1530 I saw differences in Pinconfigs and dumps from other operating systems.

Yesterday I need to replace/remove several kexts linked to IOUSBFamily and IUBluetoothFamily becoause som installation packages fail becaus kextcache report failures with those kexts, so far the XPS is working fine in Mountain Lion.

I see. I have your exact same network card configuration - original worthless Intel 4965AGN in the WLAN slot and additional Dell TrueMobile 1505 (Broadcom) in the WWAN slot! :star_sunglasses:

macgirl

macgirl

Stargate's Pharaoh

• Retired
  • 7,612 posts

I see. I have your exact same network card configuration - original worthless Intel 4965AGN in the WLAN slot and additional Dell TrueMobile 1505 (Broadcom) in the WWAN slot! :star_sunglasses:

My Intel card is the 3945ABG, but I dont think that is a problem or conflict fot the sound card, I will try enabling the loggin in VoodooHDA an see if I can catch something.

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
umm whats the point to have 2 wireless cards ?? the broadcom works fine in windows.

DarwinX

DarwinX

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

umm whats the point to have 2 wireless cards ?? the broadcom works fine in windows.

There is no point, except as a backup under Windows. Also, I'm way too frugal to throw anything away; perhaps that's the real reason.... :wink2:

immo

immo

Insanely Looking for Time to Hack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Long time ago I made a guide for installing Leopard on XPS-M1330, since I got real Macs and Mountain Lion on them, I left the forum before Snow Leopard appeared, now I trying to have Snow Leopard on my XPS, everithing works except audio and I am kind of lost. I tried VoodooHDA with no success, I am confused with the

HDEF patch, how do I make the patch or what do I need to install besides VoodooHDA?

Thanks, and excelent effort with the DSDT.

macgirl

--

Well I got sound but only in the Hearphone Jacks, speakers doesn't produce any sound at all.

Nice to see you back MacGirl!

Your guide was the first guide I read and used when I entered the scene years back ;) Thank you.

Not great news about the sound card. There are at least two variations of sound on the M1330, and on one of them sound does not work from the speakers. This is a problem that a number of M1330 users have reported, and to the best of my knowledge nobody has figured out how to solve it :(

Immo

macgirl

macgirl

Stargate's Pharaoh

• Retired
  • 7,612 posts

Nice to see you back MacGirl!

Your guide was the first guide I read and used when I entered the scene years back ;) Thank you.

Not great news about the sound card. There are at least two variations of sound on the M1330, and on one of them sound does not work from the speakers. This is a problem that a number of M1330 users have reported, and to the best of my knowledge nobody has figured out how to solve it :(

Immo

Right now I'm getting crazy and mad because other things thna the sound card, I have Mountain Lion on a MBR Disk because Window XP can't boot ona a GUID Disk, I'm using a boot-132 partition with SYSLINUX and it helps booting the ML, without it crashes with a Kernel Panic but it is very difficult to change configurations because the /Extra files, it appaers somehow thet any change you do in kexts yo also need to rebuild the Extensions.mkext also.

I am confused, ML doesnt need Extensions.mkext anymore but if I dont rebuild the one in /Extra folder changes aren't made.

About the sound card I will use the VoodooHDA since headphonesan Mics works, with AppleHDA I get speakers only.

DarwinX

DarwinX

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Right now I'm getting crazy and mad because other things thna the sound card, I have Mountain Lion on a MBR Disk because Window XP can't boot ona a GUID Disk, I'm using a boot-132 partition with SYSLINUX and it helps booting the ML, without it crashes with a Kernel Panic but it is very difficult to change configurations because the /Extra files, it appaers somehow thet any change you do in kexts yo also need to rebuild the Extensions.mkext also.

I am confused, ML doesnt need Extensions.mkext anymore but if I dont rebuild the one in /Extra folder changes aren't made.

Following a kext installation, repair permissions then simply delete the obsolete Extensions.mkext along with the kernelcache in the /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup directory then reboot.
The kernelcache will be automatically regenerated by the system upon reboot.

Just for reference, here are all the latest files (kexts, plists and DSDT) needed to viably boot and operate the XPS M1530 under the OS X 10.8.x

Attached File  XPS M1530 - 10.8.x.zip   887.83KB   49 downloads

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy