• Please log in to reply
1780 replies to this topic

arkwik

arkwik

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Check previous page and 1199 post of this topic. There is a link to guide how to install lion on our xps m1330/1530.

immo

immo

Insanely Looking for Time to Hack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts
Stripped out HDEF from the latest DSDTs and upgraded to 10.8.2. Worked with no KP using the same VoodooHDA I've always used just like LatinMcG said! I did have to downgrade AppleACPIPlatform.kext again. Attached are the most recent DSDTs with the HDEF stripped out. As always I cannot test the M1530 one so let me know if it works or not. Someday I will update the first post to acknowledge Mountain Lion exists...

Immo

EDIT: Removed the attachments from this post because they are now on the first post.

CryzHiss

CryzHiss

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
I can confirm that your DSDT works on M1530. Thank you!

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts

m1330 on m1530 ? pcie bus is in different address.

immo

immo

Insanely Looking for Time to Hack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Thanks for the feedback!

m1330 on m1530 ? pcie bus is in different address.

Don't worry LatinMcG. The M1530 DSDT I post was originally done by Brett Whinnen who owned an M1530, and I've been patching his DSDT with any new found patches at the same time I patch my M1330 one for a while now (your HDEF recommendation being the most recent). I just ask for feedback because I can't actually test it myself.
Immo

ruslan61

ruslan61

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
the first opening I'm getting random kernel panic.renewing the normal opening for the second time???

raimdal

raimdal

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
what it means? "agpm controller unknown platform", this message on the boot is located after the error about the c-state...I've also inserted my nvidia device id in NVhal50 as I'vre read in some topics but the message is always there....Do you have it? or do you know what it depend?

raimdal

raimdal

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
up

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • 2,509 posts
unknown platform= what model is it faking MacBook??
graphic controls trying to control unknown type of macbook/video

raimdal

raimdal

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
mbpro 5,1

I also tested with my old smbios.plist mbpro 5,3 that I've posted some times ago...always the same

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • 2,509 posts
then u have to patch agpm or downgrade acpiplatform kext

try macbook61 or macbook5,1 not pro.

not sure anymore i wiped laptop .. only on desktop now so i cant test.

raimdal

raimdal

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
if for patching agpm you mean insert the gpu id into nvdanv50hal I've done it but it's the same....can be I've to downgrade...Darwin do you ever had this message on your m1530? thanks a lot to everyone for your answers

acpi 1.3.5 ....always agpm error....!? everyone use mbp 5,1 and only to me agpm error?

what smbios plist I have to use now?

DarwinX

DarwinX

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

if for patching agpm you mean insert the gpu id into nvdanv50hal I've done it but it's the same....can be I've to downgrade...Darwin do you ever had this message on your m1530? thanks a lot to everyone for your answers

acpi 1.3.5 ....always agpm error....!? everyone use mbp 5,1 and only to me agpm error?

what smbios plist I have to use now?

I too experience those errors under both 10.7.5 and 10.8.2 It is resolved by adding your video card to the actual AGPM plist. Alternately, you could simply delete the worthless kext like I did.

raimdal

raimdal

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
I've just put this line into nvdanv50hal info.plist into the kext and reinstalled it with voodookext
<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
<string>
0x019010de&amp;0xfff0ffff
0x040010de&amp;0xfff0ffff
0x040710de&amp;0xfff0ffff
0x041010de&amp;0xfff0ffff
0x041010de&amp;0xfff0ffff
0x042010de&amp;0xfff0ffff
0x043010de&amp;0xfff0ffff
0x046010de&amp;0xfff0ffff
0x052010de&amp;0xfff0ffff
0x05c010de&amp;0xffe0ffff
0x05e010de&amp;0xffe0ffff
0x060010de&amp;0xffe0ffff
0x062010de&amp;0xffe0ffff
0x064010de&amp;0xffe0ffff
0x086010de&amp;0xffe0ffff
0x08a010de&amp;0xffe0ffff
0x0a0010de&amp;0xffe0ffff
0x0a2010de&amp;0xffe0ffff
0x0a6010de&amp;0xffe0ffff
0x0ca010de&amp;0xffe0ffff
0x0d4010de&amp;0xffe0ffff
0x10c010de&amp;0xffe0ffff
</string>

do you mean this about adding my video card into actual agpm? or where ? what kext I had to delete? I don't think nvdanvl50hal....how do you solved the problem? i don't understand...

another strange thing is that reading the topic "nVidia Sub-Vendor & Sub-Device Injection for Chameleon" and looking at DarwinX graphis info I read "PCIe lane Width x16".....yesterday mornig looking at mine it was "1" and now that I'm writing it show me "8".....what is this value and it can change? or the changes are because of the differents smbios.plist I'm trying now? so if I use the same configuration of darwinx I will see "x16" and no more agpm error? there is some post ago your configuration but into the smbios.plist there were really few informations ...that is your complete smbios.plist? do you use it exactly?

I've just tryed and I've used that one you posted and again tha value is "1".....I've used org.chameleon.boot.plist too from your zip....

raimdal

raimdal

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
ok the kext to edit is AppleGraphicsPowerManagement info.plist and in the section mbp5,1 where obviously I don't know how to edit it with my id :( .... I only know that this error is due to the gpu powermanagement...in fact I think no one of us, looking in ioregistry explorer can read in acpismcplatformplugin the gpuplimit 0x0 but only cpuplimit 0x0 if speedsteep is working.... this gpu it's really annoying...for christmas make me a gift: a real macbook pro ;))) no, I like my hack but sometimes it make me crazy

the thing that really make me crazy is that using macbook pro 3,1and 4,1
gpuplimit 0x0 it's there but not speedstep and that using others smbios we can have cpuplimit 0x0 but not gpu...one of the two powermanagement always isn't there...... :wallbash:

I'm not an expert and could be that your nvidia works very well and mine are only bad interpretations of what I read....I suppose the question is like I think but I'm not sure because I am not the best in these things...can you explain to me better this questions?

DarwinX

DarwinX

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

do you mean this about adding my video card into actual agpm? or where ? what kext I had to delete? I don't think nvdanvl50hal....how do you solved the problem? i don't understand...

another strange thing is that reading the topic "nVidia Sub-Vendor & Sub-Device Injection for Chameleon" and looking at DarwinX graphis info I read "PCIe lane Width x16".....yesterday mornig looking at mine it was "1" and now that I'm writing it show me "8".....what is this value and it can change? or the changes are because of the differents smbios.plist I'm trying now? so if I use the same configuration of darwinx I will see "x16" and no more agpm error? there is some post ago your configuration but into the smbios.plist there were really few informations ...that is your complete smbios.plist? do you use it exactly?

I've just tryed and I've used that one you posted and again tha value is "1".....I've used org.chameleon.boot.plist too from your zip....

I've only ever patched the AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext and never the NVDANV50Hal.kext. I am uncertain as to the reason for your incomplete and inconsistent Graphics read out, but I do not believe that it's related to the AGPM error. Are you using a fairly recent Chameleon revision?
I don't know if it's of any help, but here is my current org.chameleon.Boot.plist:

*Note: This org.chameleon.Boot.plist is a continuously evolving work in progress and as such it may be incomplete or contain unnecessary entries. Use at your own risk.

<key>CSTUsingSystemIO</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Default Partition</key>
<string>hd(0,2)</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateTStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1680x1050x32</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-v panic_restart_timeout=1</string>
<key>RebootOnPanic</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>ShowInfo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>SystemType</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>Theme</key>
<string>Default</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Note: This SMBios.plist has been automatically generated by the Chameleon Wizard based on the MacBookPro5,1:

<key>SMbiosdate</key>
<string>05/05/09</string>
<key>SMbiosvendor</key>
<string>Apple Inc.</string>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>MBP51.88Z.007E.B05.0905051508</string>
<key>SMboardmanufacturer</key>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-F42D86C8</string>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>MacBook Pro</string>
<key>SMmanufacturer</key>
<key>SMmemmanufacturer</key>
<string>Apple Computer Inc.</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>MacBookPro5,1</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>XA81995S1G0</string>
<key>SMsystemversion</key>
<string>1.33f8</string>

raimdal

raimdal

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
thanks a lot, really...and can you also give me your
patched AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext?

about chameleon yes it's recent I've upgrated it with chameleon wizard yesterday

mmmm PCIe lane Width x1 again and agpm error.... so I think I need your modded kext...can you send me it? sorry for all the time that you spent. thanks a lot

DarwinX

DarwinX

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

thanks a lot, really...and can you also give me your
patched AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext?

about chameleon yes it's recent I've upgrated it with chameleon wizard yesterday

mmmm PCIe lane Width x1 again and agpm error.... so I think I need your modded kext...can you send me it? sorry for all the time that you spent. thanks a lot

Indiandragon has recently provided the following AGPM patch in one of his posts: #1208

<key>MacBookPro7,1</key>
<dict>
<key>LogControl</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>Vendor10deDevice0407</key>
<dict>
<key>BoostPState</key>
<array>
<integer>0</integer>
<integer>1</integer>
<integer>2</integer>
<integer>3</integer>
</array>
<key>BoostTime</key>
<array>
<integer>3</integer>
<integer>3</integer>
<integer>3</integer>
<integer>3</integer>
</array>
<key>Heuristic</key>
<dict>
<key>ID</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>IdleInterval</key>
<integer>250</integer>
<key>SensorOption</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>SensorSampleRate</key>
<integer>4</integer>
<key>TargetCount</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>Threshold_High</key>
<array>
<integer>57</integer>
<integer>70</integer>
<integer>88</integer>
<integer>100</integer>
</array>
<key>Threshold_Low</key>
<array>
<integer>0</integer>
<integer>68</integer>
<integer>75</integer>
<integer>100</integer>
</array>
</dict>
<key>control-id</key>
<integer>17</integer>

While the above patch does eliminate the AGPM error, I chose to simply delete that kext as I personally find it quite useless.

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • 2,509 posts
tip: copy then paste to text editor then click up top Format, make plain text . then recopy all text and paste to your plist.
(so it doesnt copy color codes)

raimdal

raimdal

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
thanks a lot everyone of you are really gentle...now I will try all the solution. Thank you

3 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy