• Please log in to reply
1782 replies to this topic

DarwinX

DarwinX

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts

thank you,,,it's the same I have....I have another kext that give me only the line in and the voodoo that you use that give me the mic....I don't know how the switch works but I don't think it's so simply resolve this ....well the mic works great and I can record my guitar the same but if you want use vst amp emulations (amplitube, guitarrig etc...) there is always a bad quality...only direct recording are ok because the preamp is into my external guitar efx...not so bad but not the best...one friend of mine has a pc (4core...damn...) that have a working line in ..it's really better for the musicians..

I'm not a musician and I know nothing of the sound technology, but I do know that the VoodooHDA.kext version 2.7.4 is the latest and best available OS X hack sound solution for our hardware.

VoodooHDA Forum: http://www.projectos...p?showtopic=355
VoodooHDA Project: http://code.google.com/p/voodoohda/

Attached File  VoodooHDA.kext v2.7.4.zip   164.47KB   69 downloadsAttached File  VoodooHDA.prefPane v1.1.zip   58.57KB   48 downloadsAttached File  VoodooHDA-2.7.3.pkg.zip   244.94KB   26 downloads

raimdal

raimdal

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
I know, but on the Dell community forums someone said that the mic input could actually switch between mic and stereo line-in but it sounded as though this capability was only available with Windows software. Does anyone know how to flip this capability in OSX ?

raimdal

raimdal

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
actually we have voodoo hda (that from the upper post from MR. DarwinX ---always thanks for all yours helps) with:
output speaker, line out,digital out
input mic working (also the built in)

and
here we are applehda (I've founded it somewhere, it's not mine and I don't know who did it) with:
output speaker, line out, digital out
input line in working (the mic doesn't work, no one)

someone of you knows as to make a fusion of this informations and create a better driver for stac9228 audio chip? well, the two kexts can works alternatively (if you use the hack to rec music you can use applehda for bigger audio signal such as preamplificated signal (guitar amp; preamp mic; mixer etc with no Larsen effect created by a mic---so more noiseless; or you can use voodoohda if you use mic for chat, skype etc);

In the real use, when I rec the guitar, also the mic if well setted works great but I use a pedal board tha works also whit less volumes, teorically the difference is when you use a vst that process your sound and the input come from the mic (ex: connect the guitar in the mic) that is not good for a big signal....or also imagine to connect an Marshall or mesaboogie amp into the mic line: impossible!!!

Of course the m1530 make is job well with the voodoo but if someone of you know how to make something better help us.

Attached Files

raimdal

raimdal

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
ooppss sorry for my english I writed with some errors I hope it's not a problem for you

If I use voodoohda I see what DarwinX see...If I use AppleHDA the input is different how you can see (the language is italian but you can see the same)

Attached Files

raimdal

raimdal

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
nobody know how to combine this two plist information?

raimdal

raimdal

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
in this link you can see that the input is mic and line in too

http://support.dell..../HTML/specs.htm

and look this ....is the configuration of Donkey on osx86 forum...I've send him an email I hope he has that driver
He has mic and line in working togheter...Wow and also the output togheter.....
Do you know him?
Dell XPS M1530: 2.6GHz T9500 CPU (C-States/P-States) / 8GB SDRam / 500Gb 7200rpm HD | Win7 & OSX 10.6.4 Vanilla via Chameleon AnVaL Branch | OSX Boot time: 26 seconds with FakeSMC (Slice's Branch r218/ProjectOSX) | Audio: Sigmatel 9228 via VoodooHDA v2.6.2 (Slice's Branch/ProjectOSX): Speakers, Line-Out (Simultaneous 2x line-out port use), Internal Mic, Line-In Mic: Untested, HDMI Audio | Sleep: Quick-sleep: mode 0, Camshell: sleep on close, Hibernate: deep sleep w/out battery | Shutdown via Brett's DSDT | Restart via bootloader | Graphics: 256MB NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT (via Brett's DSDT) [QE/Q2DE/CI/OGL/OCL/HDMI Video | Bluetooth/Wireless/Ethernet: Dell Truemobile 355 Bluetootf / Dell Truemobile 1395 WLAN (via bcm43xx_enabler_0.5.3.sh) / Marvell Yukon 10/100 Ethernet (via DSDT & hex-edit for correct MAC address) | 8-in-1 Media Device via VoodooSDHC | Fingerprint Reader | Alps Trackpad: 2-Finger Scroll Vertical & Horizontal, Tap-to-Click | Web Cam: half-assed fps | Dell IR Remote | Accessories: Addonics Sil3132 Raid ExpressCard.

raimdal

raimdal

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
I don't know how to compare applehda and voodoohda to get all working....line in it's important but I prefer use voodoohda (really stable)...can someone help me?

immo

immo

Insanely Looking for Time to Hack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

I don't know how to compare applehda and voodoohda to get all working....line in it's important but I prefer use voodoohda (really stable)...can someone help me?

You can try here for help:
http://www.projectos...p?showtopic=355

I'm not an audio guy, but you might be served better by an external USB mixer with OS-X support. These built in sound cards are {censored} for recording.

Immo

raimdal

raimdal

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
thanks for the reply, I've read the topic some day ago but everyone had a different result...the best I've seen is the slice result but he only obtained that the two mic are displayed with different level controller...but it's not usefull because if you rec with the mic input I don't believe you want to use that orrible internal mic....well the external usb mixer is the solution but this notebook will become every day less portable....well thank you the same...

gadgetfr34k

gadgetfr34k

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi immo,

I had done vanilla install of 10.7.0 on my M1530 (T9500 2.5GHz, 4GB Ram, 8600 GT) and have upgraded it to 10.7.4 using combo update.

Removed AppleHDA.kext and swapped AppleACPIPlatform to 1.3.5 before restart.

It works wonderfully well. No other changes were required.

Thanks

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts

Hi immo,

I had done vanilla install of 10.7.0 on my M1530 (T9500 2.5GHz, 4GB Ram, 8600 GT) and have upgraded it to 10.7.4 using combo update.

Thanks

i imagine u used dsdt too :P

immo

immo

Insanely Looking for Time to Hack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback gadgetfr34k. Glad it worked for you. The majority of what's in the guide is from the work of others, including current posters DarwinX and LatinMcG.

Anyone brave enough to try the final release of Mountian Lion? Looks like DarwinX got a pre-release working here:
http://www.insanelym...dpost&p=1801161
I'd like to try it myself when I have the time.

raimdal

raimdal

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
about the audio driver I think the best audio driver is voodoohda 2.7.3 because 2.7.4 on the max volume make distortion on the bass, the 2.7.3 work well on m1530 and also on asus P5G41 MLX, so I think it's not only for our machine but for all, on the two hackintosh the same problem: on high volume the bass make distortion. Hear the difference, for example on "love foolosophy" jamiroquay or some song with a lot of bass. there is a great difference.

DarwinX

DarwinX

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Thanks for the feedback gadgetfr34k. Glad it worked for you. The majority of what's in the guide is from the work of others, including current posters DarwinX and LatinMcG.

Anyone brave enough to try the final release of Mountian Lion? Looks like DarwinX got a pre-release working here:
http://www.insanelym...dpost&p=1801161
I'd like to try it myself when I have the time.

The OS X 10.8 is verified to viably install and operate via the Extra directory files and kexts from the OS X 10.7
along with the following IOPCIFamily.kext v1.1.5 [v2.7] with the modified IO Map by Netkas:

Attached File  IOPCIFamily.kextNetkas10.8v2.zip   118.14KB   68 downloads

Reference: http://netkas.org/?p=1053 | http://netkas.org/?p=1072

EDIT: Despite the implementation of the patched IOPCIFamily.kext v1.1.5, the OS X 10.8 AppleACPIPlatform.kext v1.6 disables both the VoodooHDA and the AppleSmartBatteryManager kexts. Thus, the regression to the legacy AppleACPIPlatform.kext remains to be the best solution for the [PCI configuration begins] error in our systems. Fortunately, the AppleACPIPlatform.kext v1.3.5 retains its viability in the OS X 10.8. While its consequent reiterations may also be viable, I only have access to the fore mentioned version and therefore it is the only one that I have personally tested and verified to be compatible with the OS X 10.8.

Attached File  AppleACPIPlatformv1.3.5.zip   407.18KB   49 downloads

RN95

RN95

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

EDIT: Despite the implementation of the patched IOPCIFamily.kext v1.1.5, the OS X 10.8 AppleACPIPlatform.kext v1.6 disables both the VoodooHDA and the AppleSmartBatteryManager kexts. Thus, the regression to the legacy AppleACPIPlatform.kext remains to be the best solution for the [PCI configuration begins] error in our systems. Fortunately, the AppleACPIPlatform.kext v1.3.5 retains its viability in the OS X 10.8. While its consequent reiterations may also be viable, I only have access to the fore mentioned version and therefore it is the only one that I have personally tested and verified to be compatible with the OS X 10.8.

Hi Dx,

I wrote this before I saw your edit:

Battery Issue:

First Scenario: After Installing ML Retail, I did the usual steps involving AppleACPIplatform:
1- Replace Original ML AppleACPI with the one from 10.6.8 (version 1.3.6) and used the existing IOPCIfamily kext from 10.8 (Version 2.7).
2- After booting up, I noticed that the battery icon was not there and noticed that ML does not include the AppleACPIBatteryManager kext. So I installed the once from 10.7.4 (version 1.0). That seemed to work and got the battery icon back.

The second scenario involved the installation of netkas' modified IOPCIfamily kext (version 2.7) downloaded from his blog site.
1- I put back the original ML AppleACPIPlatform (v 1.6)
2- Installed netkas' IOPCIFamily kext
Result: not a dicky bird - [PCI config Begin…]

I repeated the second scenario but with Darwinx' version 2 of netkas' IOPCIFamily.
Result: that booted up OK but Battery icon showed up but an X in it. The battery status did not change.

The first scenario seemed to be OK with the unchanged IOPCI. However, the second scenario has screwed up the PCI port mapping somehow.

@Darwins ; do you have your battery status working with the modified IOPCI ?
Incidentally, what is the difference between the IOPCI you posted and the original one from Netkas' Blog site?

Regards

Edit-1:

@DX - I have been using version 1.3.6 from SL 10.6.8 with LION and Mountain LION for a while and it seems to be OK.

Edit-2: I didn't use AppleSmartBatteryManager which I thought had some complex changes to the DSDT and got updated for every release of Lion.

Attached Files

Paki83

Paki83

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
A Big Thank for your work, I have been able to Install SL 10.6.8 on my M1330.
I have extracted my dsdt under Linux and patched it according to your guide (GraphicEnabled=Yes).

My Dell XPX M1330 seems to be a bit different from others :
CPU : T7500 2.2 MHz
Graphics : Nvidia 8400M TS 256 MB

The last point may be an issue, because in System info, the Graphic Card is diplayed with only 128 MB of RAM :

========================================================
GeForce 8400M GS :

Jeu de composants : GeForce 8400M GS
Type : Processeur graphique (GPU)
Bus : PCIe
Logement : Slot-1
Longueur de la voie PCIe : x16
VRAM (totale) : 128 Mo
Fournisseur : NVIDIA (0x10de)
Identifiant du périphérique : 0x0427
Identifiant de révision : 0x00a1
Révision de la ROM : 60.86.45.00.40
Moniteurs :
Moniteur :
Résolution : 1280 x 800
Profondeur de pixels : Couleurs 32 bits (ARGB8888)
Moniteur principal : Oui
Miroir : Désactivé
Connecté : Oui
Intégré : Oui
Connecteur pour le moniteur :
état : Aucun moniteur branché
========================================================

In IORegistryExplorer, NVDA Display0, I can read this :
VRAM,memsize Data <00 00 00 08 00 00 00 08>
And in Display1 :
VRAM,memsize Data <00 00 00 00 00 00 00 08>

Do you think OSX uses indeed 256MB for graphics or only 128MB ?

Thank you for any advise
Patrick

DarwinX

DarwinX

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Hi Dx,

The first scenario seemed to be OK with the unchanged IOPCI. However, the second scenario has screwed up the PCI port mapping somehow.

@Darwins ; do you have your battery status working with the modified IOPCI ?
Incidentally, what is the difference between the IOPCI you posted and the original one from Netkas' Blog site?

Regards

Edit-1:

@DX - I have been using version 1.3.6 from SL 10.6.8 with LION and Mountain LION for a while and it seems to be OK.

Edit-2: I didn't use AppleSmartBatteryManager which I thought had some complex changes to the DSDT and got updated for every release of Lion.

The AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext fails to implement with Netkas' IO Remapped IOPCIFamily.kext version 2 which Netkas updated a few weeks following the initial release:

Updated IOPCIFamily for Mountain Lion

However, the AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext does successfully implement with the original 10.8 IOPCIFamily.kext v2.7 along with the legacy AppleACPIPlatform.kext [1.3.5 - 1.3.6].

Attached File  AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext.zip   39.11KB   32 downloads

RN95

RN95

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Updated IOPCIFamily for Mountain Lion

However, the AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext does successfully implement with the original 10.8 IOPCIFamily.kext v2.7 along with the legacy AppleACPIPlatform.kext [1.3.5 - 1.3.6].

Attached File  AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext.zip   39.11KB   32 downloads

Thanks for that. WiIl have a go sometime. Is it the Kext from this thread: http://www.insanelym...howtopic=272459
If yes, did you have to fiddle with the DSDT ?

Changing the topic a bit. My M1530 restarts at will. I am aware that this has been a problem but has it ever been resolved ?

Cheers

DarwinX

DarwinX

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Thanks for that. WiIl have a go sometime. Is it the Kext from this thread: http://www.insanelym...howtopic=272459
If yes, did you have to fiddle with the DSDT ?

The AppleSmartManager.kext is indeed from that thread. It fully functions without any battery specific DSDT modifications. If you do not want it overwritten by software updates with Apple's native AppleSmartManager.kext, you can modify its version number in the info.plist to be above of the Apple's current AppleSmartManager.kext version (161.0.0).

<key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key>
<string>161.0.0</string>

<key>CFBundleVersion</key>
<string>161.0.0</string>

Changing the topic a bit. My M1530 restarts at will. I am aware that this has been a problem but has it ever been resolved ?
Cheers

I do not recall having previously encountered such an issue, but It might be caused by overheating.

RN95

RN95

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

The AppleSmartManager.kext is indeed from that thread. It fully functions without any battery specific DSDT modifications.

<key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key>
<string>161.0.0</string>

<key>CFBundleVersion</key>
<string>161.0.0</string>

I do not not recall having previously encountered such an issue. It may possibly be caused by overheating.

Hi Dx,

Many thanks for your replies - Cheers

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy