[GUIDE] Making a DSDT.aml for Dell XPS M1330, XPS M1530, and XPS M1730

immo

2,030 posts in this topic

im not 100% sure if i can do it all as i dont have maverics ..i have to dload install to test in inspiron 1520 nvidia .. has a broken screen ( im semi retired)

likely we need ioregdump of a maverics macbook.

i do also have Lenovo T410 but its intel hd xx i think i 5 .. also broken screen (100$ for that baby anywhere i looked so waiting on a good find)

i need to to order the mini display port adapter for hdmi for it .

If I could be of help, just let me know the ioreg incantation to get the needed dump. I have access to a MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2010) and Mavericks GM.

been sick.. bed time sick with back pain and puking (no im not pregnant lol)

so i have to catchup with my work.

DarwinX can u  see what "name" matches are needed in ioreg? maybe comparing mountain ioreg with maverics ?

According to Sampledi:

"Some users that are replacing AppleACPIPlatform.kext & IOPCIFamily.kext in order to have working hack, will have problem booting after 10.8.5 update (still waiting for root device). Situation is similar to this one I explained in Mavericks thread http://www.insanelym...no-hard-drives/ If you boot in verbose mode you'll see that problem comes from AppleAHCIPort.kext (failed to load), so you'll have to roll back that kext too."

Reference post:             #83            

attachicon.gifAppleAHCIPort.kext.zip

Hey Darwin X, sorry for late reply,  Rolling back AppleAHCIPort was helpful and infact before that I changed the SATA setting to IDE and it interestingly bypassed No root device error. My machine never needed AHCI mode to boot OSX.

But perhaps we should saving this AppleAHCIPort.kext for  Maverick too ?

Btw, I don't find any abnormal heating issues after 10.8.5 .  What does istat show ? and how's your ambient temperature. Did you clean the fan ? I do a monthly vacuum of the exhaust ports  and at an average it's been 57-58 deg C with at least 5-6 applications running all the time.

been sick.. bed time sick with back pain and puking (no im not pregnant lol)

so i have to catchup with my work.

I'm sorry to hear that, I hope that you feel better soon.

DarwinX can u  see what "name" matches are needed in ioreg? maybe comparing mountain ioreg with maverics ?

At this point, I'm not sure how to approach this matter. I will look further into it when I have some free time. 

Hey Darwin X, sorry for late reply,  Rolling back AppleAHCIPort was helpful and infact before that I changed the SATA setting to IDE and it interestingly bypassed No root device error. My machine never needed AHCI mode to boot OSX.

But perhaps we should saving this AppleAHCIPort.kext for  Maverick too ?

I see. I never required the modified AppleAHCIPort.kext on my system and the 10.9 seem to not require it either.

Btw, I don't find any abnormal heating issues after 10.8.5 .  What does istat show ? and how's your ambient temperature. Did you clean the fan ? I do a monthly vacuum of the exhaust ports  and at an average it's been 57-58 deg C with at least 5-6 applications running all the time.

Under the 10.8.5, my Ambient temperature is around 16 - 20 Celsius, CPU is between 47 - 67 Celsius, GPU is always in the 60's, sometimes 70's under load. 

Those temperatures are definitely higher than they should be, and they are also higher than they were prior to the 10.8.5 update.

Here is the 10.9's AppleRTC.kext 2.0, Perl patched with the following script to prevent the CMOS chip reset which occurs upon the Sleep mode invocation:

AppleRTC.kext-v2.0.zip

However, the Sleep mode remains broken under the 10.9, the machine still reboots upon the second time the Sleep mode is invoked albeit, with no CMOS reset.

The aforementioned binary Perl script is provided by the oldnapalm in the following forum topic: AppleRTC patch (CMOS reset after sleep/wake)

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x2e\x0f\xb6|\xeb\x2e\x0f\xb6|' /AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC
  • Like 1

I'm sorry to hear that, I hope that you feel better soon.

Ditto.  Get well soon. 

However, the Sleep mode remains broken under the 10.9, the machine still reboots upon the second time the Sleep mode is invoked albeit, with no CMOS reset.

See, this is a problem I'm having now, under 10.8.5, since I followed your instructions for a clean install.  Sleep mode for me causes either a black screen upon wake, which I can only resolve by hard rebooting, or a reboot with a CMOS reset.  Before 10.8.5 the CMOS reset wasn't a problem, but the broken sleep was.  I have the same problems with the darkwake=0 fix that you do, and the same problems with trying to force chameleon to use the wake image (i.e. it just doesn't work, says the wake image is corrupted).

Under the 10.8.5, my Ambient temperature is around 16 - 20 Celsius, CPU is between 47 - 67 Celsius, GPU is always in the 60's, sometimes 70's under load. 

Those temperatures are definitely higher than they should be, and they are also higher than they were prior to the 10.8.5 update.

This has been a problem for me ever since 10.8.5 also, except MUCH higher than yours.  It seems like my processor cores switch to the highest frequency too often, and they get hot fast, anywhere from 70-95C, in particular when I'm playing a video of any kind.  Right now they seem pretty cool, and the fan isn't running too hard, but it worries me... right now, CPU is at 74, and GPU is at 70.  Ambient is 18.  This is not under load (or much of one).  If I put it under load, it will shoot up.

See, this is a problem I'm having now, under 10.8.5, since I followed your instructions for a clean install.  Sleep mode for me causes either a black screen upon wake, which I can only resolve by hard rebooting, or a reboot with a CMOS reset.  Before 10.8.5 the CMOS reset wasn't a problem, but the broken sleep was.

I haven't put my laptop to sleep since the 10.8.5 update, but I am having the same problem. Black screen when waking up with no option but to do a hard reboot.

This has been a problem for me ever since 10.8.5 also, except MUCH higher than yours.  It seems like my processor cores switch to the highest frequency too often, and they get hot fast, anywhere from 70-95C, in particular when I'm playing a video of any kind.  Right now they seem pretty cool, and the fan isn't running too hard, but it worries me... right now, CPU is at 74, and GPU is at 70.  Ambient is 18.  This is not under load (or much of one).  If I put it under load, it will shoot up.

Have you cleaned the fan and reapplied the thermal paste recently? I have done this fairly recently (~4 months ago?) and my temperatures are very much like DarwinX' with the DSDT he posted for 10.8.5, maybe a little bit lower when not under load (CPU 44, GPU 60, Ambient 17; CPU 58, GPU 68 while watching a video on youtube).

CPU History:

8f0m.png

GPU History:

tiq1.png

Have you cleaned the fan and reapplied the thermal paste recently? I have done this fairly recently (~4 months ago?) and my temperatures are very much like DarwinX' with the DSDT he posted for 10.8.5, maybe a little bit lower when not under load (CPU 44, GPU 60, Ambient 17; CPU 58, GPU 68 while watching a video on youtube).

I opened it up not too long ago, and there was nothing to clean, which surprised me. I expected it to be full of cat hair. Like, seriously, no dust anywhere. Shocking. Not sure where I would put thermal paste if I was going to. Everything seems pretty solid, so I'm not sure I want to disturb it.

I opened it up not too long ago, and there was nothing to clean, which surprised me. I expected it to be full of cat hair. Like, seriously, no dust anywhere. Shocking. Not sure where I would put thermal paste if I was going to. Everything seems pretty solid, so I'm not sure I want to disturb it.

This has been a problem for me ever since 10.8.5 also, except MUCH higher than yours.  It seems like my processor cores switch to the highest frequency too often, and they get hot fast, anywhere from 70-95C, in particular when I'm playing a video of any kind.  Right now they seem pretty cool, and the fan isn't running too hard, but it worries me... right now, CPU is at 74, and GPU is at 70.  Ambient is 18.  This is not under load (or much of one).  If I put it under load, it will shoot up.

Simply opening your laptop case enclosure is not sufficient. The entire GPU fan assembly must be removed and disassembled in order to even see the multiple layers of dust and filth that have build up on the inside of the fan casing. If you have never cleaned it, the fan assembly is guaranteed to be too congested and clogged up by dirt to properly cool and aerate your GPU causing your CPU/GPU temperatures to skyrocket which would inevitably cause your laptop to fail due to overheating, especially considering that our GPU chips are already inherently faulty and prone to overheating. 

The thermal paste is applied directly on to the GPU's heat sink which is accessible upon the removal of the GPU's fan assembly

Also, use the modified DSDT.aml which I posted a few days ago, it should bring your temperatures way down from your existing levels which are dangerously high!

Here it is yet again: XPS M1530 DSDT - 10.2013.zip

See, this is a problem I'm having now, under 10.8.5, since I followed your instructions for a clean install.  Sleep mode for me causes either a black screen upon wake, which I can only resolve by hard rebooting, or a reboot with a CMOS reset.  Before 10.8.5 the CMOS reset wasn't a problem, but the broken sleep was.  I have the same problems with the darkwake=0 fix that you do, and the same problems with trying to force chameleon to use the wake image (i.e. it just doesn't work, says the wake image is corrupted).

As far as the CMOS chip reset upon Sleep mode invocation under the 10.8.5, here is the patched 10.8.5's AppleRTC.kext 1.5 which successfully remedies said issue:

AppleRTC.kext-v1.5.zip

Warning: This particular AppleRTC.kext is version 1.5 which is only applicable to the 10.8.5 and below.

If you require a CMOS patched AppleRTC.kext version 2.0 for the 10.9, here it is yet again:

AppleRTC.kext-v2.0.zip

I haven't put my laptop to sleep since the 10.8.5 update, but I am having the same problem. Black screen when waking up with no option but to do a hard reboot.

I have never had any Sleep mode issues under the 10.8.5, such issues only occur under the 10.9.

Interesting discussion re 10.8.5 and 10.9.

I'm currently on 10.8.5 for my main OSX partition and consistent with DarwinX's findings, have no issues with shutdown, sleep or resuming from sleep.  My org.chameleon.Boot does not have darkwake=0 but still sleeps and resumes successfully when closing and opening the lid or choosing sleep from the apple menu, then resuming with the on/off button.  FWIW, I also use SMBIOS for Macbook Pro 5.1 and hibernate mode is currently set to suspend to RAM only ie from terminal, type "sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0".

Restarting from the apple menu, however, hasn't worked for me since when I first installed OSX 10.7 on my XPS1530m (with or without EvoReboot.kext as stated in Immo's first post, it is unreliable).

@lulighttec

I haven't tried HDMI but according to Immo, hdmi has been broken since 10.6.2.

Also haven't had any issues with combo updates completing successfully so maybe "failure" of your install to finish could be related/causing your keychain issues?  Maybe also check your install medium eg use different USB drive and confirm SHA1 hash of OSXUpdCombo10.8.5.dmg (or InstallESD.dmg if clean installing).

iMessage, iCloud, Appstore all working with no issues here.  I use the latest chameleon v2.2 r 2266 with FileNVRAM.dylib module loaded to enable iMessage login.

PS

I've successfully clean installed OSX 10.9 GM on an external USB HD with the same /Extra folder from 10.8.5 and all vanilla OSX kexts in SLE except

• FakeSMC v5.3.820
  • DarwinX's patched AppleRTC.kext v2.0
  • VoodooPS2Controller.kext v1.1.0
  • VoodooHDA.kext v2.8.4 (removed AppleHDA.kext)

Unlike 10.8.5, there was no need to regress AppleACPIPlatform.kext or patch AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext.

The temps in Mavericks seem OK in my machine using DarwinX dsdt.aml (dated 9/21/13, post#1388 of this thread): CPU 47-65 C, GPU 58-67 C.  Funnily enough, when clicking "About This Mac", the processor speed is given as 4.3 GHz but HWMonitor shows the max speed correctly as 2.4 Ghz.  Edit chameleon bug in v2266 caused incorrect multipliers to be used.  Fixed here  http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/231075-chameleon-22svn-official-pkg-installer-binaries/page-92?do=findComment&comment=1970586 - thanks Bungo.

Main annoyance is broken sleep - as mentioned by DarwinX, the first time sleep is invoked, it works and wakes up OK but subsequently invoking sleep causes the machine to reboot (thankfully his patched AppleRTC.kext v2.0 prevents CMOS from resetting).

• Like 1

Fusion71au, Slice's FakeSMC HWSensor branch is actually more compatible with our hardware than that of Kozlek as the latter doesn't support our LPC Super I/O chip. (NSC PC8739x)

Here is Slice's FakeSMC.kext with all the appropriate plugins (GeforceSensor.kext, IntelCPUMonitor.kext, PC8739x.kext)

It's Info.plist has been edited to contain the appropriate REV, RPlt and SMC compatibility matching those of the MacBookPro5,1.

kernel[0]: PC8739x: NSC: Found supported chip ID=0xfc REVISION=0x66 
kernel[0]: PC8739x: slice (c) 2011
kernel[0]: PC8739x: found NSC PC8739xx, revision 0x66

FakeSMC.kext-V3.3.1.zip

• Like 1

Interesting discussion re 10.8.5 and 10.9.

I'm currently on 10.8.5 for my main OSX partition and consistent with DarwinX's findings, have no issues with shutdown, sleep or resuming from sleep.  My org.chameleon.Boot does not have darkwake=0 but still sleeps and resumes successfully when closing and opening the lid or choosing sleep from the apple menu, then resuming with the on/off button.  FWIW, I also use SMBIOS for Macbook Pro 5.1 and hibernate mode is currently set to suspend to RAM only ie from terminal, type "sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0".

Restarting from the apple menu, however, hasn't worked for me since when I first installed OSX 10.7 on my XPS1530m (with or without EvoReboot.kext as stated in Immo's first post, it is unreliable).

@lulighttec

I haven't tried HDMI but according to Immo, hdmi has been broken since 10.6.2.

Also haven't had any issues with combo updates completing successfully so maybe "failure" of your install to finish could be related/causing your keychain issues?  Maybe also check your install medium eg use different USB drive and confirm SHA1 hash of OSXUpdCombo10.8.5.dmg (or InstallESD.dmg if clean installing).

iMessage, iCloud, Appstore all working with no issues here.  I use the latest chameleon v2.2 r 2266 with FileNVRAM.dylib module loaded to enable iMessage login.

PS

I've successfully clean installed OSX 10.9 GM on an external USB HD with the same /Extra folder from 10.8.5 and all vanilla OSX kexts in SLE except

• FakeSMC v5.3.820
  • DarwinX's patched AppleRTC.kext v2.0
  • VoodooPS2Controller.kext v1.1.0
  • VoodooHDA.kext v2.8.4 (removed AppleHDA.kext)
Unlike 10.8.5, there was no need to regress AppleACPIPlatform.kext or patch AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext.  The temps in Mavericks seem OK in my machine using DarwinX dsdt.aml (dated 9/21/13, post#1388 of this thread): CPU 47-58 C, GPU 58-67 C.  Funnily enough, when clicking "About This Mac", the processor speed is given as 4.3 GHz but HWMonitor shows the max speed correctly as 2.4 Ghz.  Main annoyance is broken sleep - as mentioned by DarwinX, the first time sleep is invoked, it works and wakes up OK but subsequently invoking sleep causes the machine to reboot (thankfully his patched AppleRTC.kext v2.0 prevents CMOS from resetting).

After following DarwinX's initial instructions to do a clean reinstall, (a couple posts back) and switching over to GPT, and not restoring my backup, the keychain issues went away, and restart has worked perfectly.

Simply opening your laptop case enclosure is not sufficient. The entire GPU fan assembly must be removed and disassembled in order to even see the multiple layers of dust and filth that have build up on the inside of the fan casing. If you have never cleaned it, the fan assembly is guaranteed to be too congested and clogged up by dirt to properly cool and aerate your GPU causing your CPU/GPU temperatures to skyrocket which would inevitably cause your laptop to fail due to overheating, especially considering that our GPU chips are already inherently faulty and prone to overheating. 

The thermal paste is applied directly on to the GPU's heat sink which is accessible upon the removal of the GPU's fan assembly

Also, use the modified DSDT.aml which I posted a few days ago, it should bring your temperatures way down from your existing levels which are dangerously high!

Here it is yet again: attachicon.gifXPS M1530 DSDT - 10.2013.zip

As far as the CMOS chip reset upon Sleep mode invocation under the 10.8.5, here is the patched 10.8.5's AppleRTC.kext 1.5 which successfully remedies said issue:

attachicon.gifAppleRTC.kext-v1.5.zip

Warning: This particular AppleRTC.kext is version 1.5 which is only applicable to the 10.8.5 and below.

If you require a CMOS patched AppleRTC.kext version 2.0 for the 10.9, here it is yet again:

attachicon.gifAppleRTC.kext-v2.0.zip

I have never had any Sleep mode issues under the 10.8.5, such issues only occur under the 10.9.

I followed these instructions (lo and behold, there was dust in the fan assembly after all), and I am still having the same problems as I was before, i.e., sleep not working properly, CMOS reset if I try to sleep, and temperatures are a little lower, but they still hang around 65-72C. I did notice the fan doesn't run constantly anymore (sometimes it just stops), and that the ambient temperature dropped to 0C.

DarwinX .. try Device (RTC) original with no fixed 0x02 .. i remember i had reboot on second sleep also with 10.6.x when i was modding the RTC testing.

but i think its an acpi issue of the video.

also i had issues with inspiron 1520 intel vid version an shutdown.. had to remove _PRT or was it _PRW from HDEF aka AZAL

then it would shutdown fine without _PTS trick.

I followed these instructions (lo and behold, there was dust in the fan assembly after all), and I am still having the same problems as I was before, i.e., sleep not working properly, CMOS reset if I try to sleep, and temperatures are a little lower, but they still hang around 65-72C. I did notice the fan doesn't run constantly anymore (sometimes it just stops), and that the ambient temperature dropped to 0C.

You should have NO Sleep mode issues under the 10.8.5.

As far as the CMOS reset, the appropriately patched AppleRTC.kext v.1.5 for the 10.8.5 posted above completely remedies that issue.

The Ambient temperature should never be at zero C.

Also, before checking temperatures again, turn your laptop off for a few hours and allow it cool down completely.

DarwinX .. try Device (RTC) original with no fixed 0x02 .. i remember i had reboot on second sleep also with 10.6.x when i was modding the RTC testing.

but i think its an acpi issue of the video.

also i had issues with inspiron 1520 intel vid version an shutdown.. had to remove _PRT or was it _PRW from HDEF aka AZAL

then it would shutdown fine without _PTS trick.

I remember having issues with the RTC in our DSDT.aml which required some slight modification.

I too was considering the ACPI as the culprit due to the fact the AppleACPIPlatform.kext that we use under the 10.9 is not regressed for a change.

Perhaps, the usual AppleACPIPlatform regression might narrow it down.

Either way, my understanding of the ACPI programming is at a near zero and the DSDT.aml modification and patching is better left to coders and experts, of which I am neither.

As far as the CMOS reset, the appropriately patched AppleRTC.kext v.1.5 for the 10.8.5 posted above completely remedies that issue.

I don't know what to tell you. The RTC kext is not remedying the issue. It just isn't. I dragged it onto the kext utility to install it; it's not like I haven't installed a kext before. It makes no difference.

You should have NO Sleep mode issues under the 10.8.5.

Also, I have sleep issues. I have ever since 10.8.x. They are exactly what you are describing with 10.9. I don't know how else to put it.

The Ambient temperature should never be at zero C.

Also, before checking temperatures again, turn your laptop off for a few hours and allow it cool down completely.

For the record, it took me a while to clean the fan assembly, mostly because I was having trouble unscrewing the cover of the fan assembly itself, but the point being, my laptop was off for quite a while, maybe an hour. For the benefit of the doubt, I shut it off for the night and didn't turn it on again until the next morning, when I gave you those readings. Just to be super sure, it has been off now for 12+ hours, and I just turned it back on. The first screenshot is right after booting up, and the second is maybe 5 minutes later.

post-1036148-0-56236800-1382287989_thumb.png

post-1036148-0-05650300-1382287991_thumb.png

My laptop has been running for almost an hour, and now shows Ambient temperature of 45C, and the fan is running.

post-1036148-0-12555100-1382288756_thumb.png

Believe me, I'm not trying to be difficult.  I'm just telling you what is happening.  I have regarded what you say with much reverence, and have done everything that you have suggested, even to go so far as to start out with a brand new HDD and format it as GPT and installed OSX first, so that it would take precedence over anything else, and instead of restoring my backup, I reinstalled all my software clean, and that did solve quite a few problems I was having, but not all of them, obviously.  Something else is happening, and I'm not sure how to identify where it is happening.  One thought that had occurred to me is that we have slightly different processors, don't we?  Perhaps it is that slight difference in the DSDT.aml that makes the difference.  I know according to you, it shouldn't make a difference, but...  I have seen stranger things happen while working with computers.

Lulighttec, our CPU's are indeed different. It seems like you might have some CPU intensive background processes that trigger the jump in temperatures on your machine.

According to the iStat Menus.app, my CPU load average is under 10%. Whenever it exceeds 30% - 40% for any length of time, then my temperatures too skyrocket.

So, i keep a close eye on my CPU load, I recommend that you do the same.

@LatinMcG : Hope you get well soon.

@DarwinX :

Temperature :

I cleaned up my laptop ~6 months and applied Deep Cool Z5 for both CPU and GPU . But I'm sure the effect of the coolant for CPU has been undone as I ran a application for days at high temperature. But GPU stays 62-64 deg C.

So coming to the point of discussion, I'm still not sure whether OSX 10.8.5 has anything to do with the system temperature as my CPU is stayed between 57 -67 deg C since the clean up at 6-7 running applications. But when I run Eclipse or Netbeans for Android programming, the CPU even reach's 81 deg C at some point (But I'm sure that's java to blame ) then again it could be OSX issue too. Bit confused  :ph34r:

Info : Guys check out the app Temperature Gauge we can set up notifications for temperature monitoring. Helpful to monitor.

Sleep :

No sleep issues in 10.8.5 for me. Occasional fail wakeup has been there for ever to me .

Maverick Release :

So any of you guys who had tried 10.9 will be buying maverick tomorrow i.e if it get's released ? I plan to buy one :angel:  though I didn't have time to try one GM yet :D

Epic Maverick 10.9 Install  

post-269203-0-91546300-1382530769_thumb.jpg

Has been the easiest install till date, that too on the MBR ! For the previous two iterations the installation would end at failure due to MBR. But this one took 45 Minutes to install without any errors.

Use the same USB Install method as in Mountain Lion. No need of ACPI Platform kexts roll-back as Darwin X said.

The kexts to be replaced was AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext, ApplePS2Controller.kext, AppleHDA and ACPIBatteryManager.kext (refer in package shared by DarwinX).

AppleGraphicsPowerManagement has to be patched, please refer my earlier threads on how to .

Apps :

Little snitch 2.X wasn't compatible so I had to buy the 3.X . Avast and other unsupported apps were moved to unsupported apps folder during first boot.

Sleep :

No change in sleep/wake behaviour (rare failed wake has been there in my hackbook for ever ).

Temperature :

Seems pretty normal to me . When mdworker, kext cache or other CPU consuming process is running the temperature shoots high. Has been like that for me for a long time , not after 10.8.5 

Still,

DarwinX : What has changed in the DSDT which you said would address temperature ? You should also take a look at my DSDT cause the temperature and sleep looks normal at my end. There's a minor possibility I've added some fix but I didn't make any changes to the DSDT  since Lion.  I'll upload my DSDT in a while.

And now , This baby has seen 5 Generations of  retail OSX today . I'm gonna Pumkin create a memorial site when this baby dies :D

post-269203-0-29981400-1382530448_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

DarwinX : What has changed in the DSDT which you said would address temperature ? You should also take a look at my DSDT cause the temperature and sleep looks normal at my end. There's a minor possibility I've added some fix but I didn't make any changes to the DSDT  since Lion.  I'll upload my DSDT in a while.

Starting with the 10.8.5, due to the way the IOkit matches PCI devices for drivers using IONameMatch, the CPU temperatures have gone up a few degrees.

To remedy that, the DSDT.aml must have an additional key/value pair to set "name" added to the device-id injections.

So far, I have successfully added the appropriate _DSM methods to both Device (LPCB) and Device (SATA) in order to lower the CPU temperatures.

However, additional patching might be required upon my further research of this matter.

XPS M1530 DSDT - 10.2013.zip

The kexts to be replaced was AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext, ApplePS2Controller.kext, AppleHDA and ACPIBatteryManager.kext (refer in package shared by DarwinX).

AppleGraphicsPowerManagement has to be patched, please refer my earlier threads on how to .

Sleep :

No change in sleep/wake behaviour (rare failed wake has been there in my hackbook for ever )

As your Sleep mode under the 10.9 is fully functional, perhaps the VoodooPS2Controller.kext or the VoodooHDA.kext are the culprits.

Would you mind uploading your AppleHDA.kext, ApplePS2Controller.kext and the AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext with which I could substitute my current Voodoo kexts? 

Thank You.

• Like 1

Starting with the 10.8.5, due to the way the IOkit matches PCI devices for drivers using IONameMatch, the CPU temperatures have gone up a few degrees.

DarwinX, can you throw more light on the issue - Is improper PCI match effecting fan control from IoKit ? Is anyone working on that . If some source is shared we can collaborate to fix the DSDT for our machines.  

I'm sure, the temperatures are definitely lower in 10.9 than 10.8.x  at medium load possibly due to the app nap feature . So try out App store version and post your results.

As your Sleep mode under the 10.9 is fully functional, perhaps the VoodooPS2Controller.kext or the VoodooHDA.kext are the culprits.

Would you mind uploading your AppleHDA.kext, ApplePS2Controller.kext and the AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext with which I could substitute my current Voodoo kexts? 

Definitely, Yep voodoo definitely could be the culprit.  I forgot to inform about the kexts I'm using earlier, my apologies. They are very stable I've been using since Lion. (created for 10.6 by nawcom) and AppleHDA was binary patched for Stac 9205.

Update :

Airdrop not working between 10.9 and iPhone 5C , can some one confirm about the airdrop in 10.9  ? My wifi card is airdrop supported Broadcom card rebranded  as apple extreme

Attached :

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

ApplePS2Controller.kext

AppleHDA.kext

Should be used in S/L/E

OCT-2013_indiandragon.zip

Epic Maverick 10.9 Install  

attachicon.gifIMG_0016.JPG

Has been the easiest install till date, that too on the MBR ! For the previous two iterations the installation would end at failure due to MBR. But this one took 45 Minutes to install without any errors.

Use the same USB Install method as in Mountain Lion. No need of ACPI Platform kexts roll-back as Darwin X said.

Apps :

Little snitch 2.X wasn't compatible so I had to buy the 3.X . Avast and other unsupported apps were moved to unsupported apps folder during first boot.

Sleep :

No change in sleep/wake behaviour (rare failed wake has been there in my hackbook for ever ).

Temperature :

Seems pretty normal to me . When mdworker, kext cache or other CPU consuming process is running the temperature shoots high. Has been like that for me for a long time , not after 10.8.5 

Still,

And now , This baby has seen 5 Generations of  retail OSX today . I'm gonna Pumkin create a memorial site when this baby dies :D

attachicon.gif919607_10151668759815439_1105525726_o.jpg

5 GEN OS X   :D  :lol:

thats pretty cool  B)  :whistle: